• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

You’ll need to be interviewed and/or approved on or before September 30th.
Even though I have send all documents to USCIS, pay the fee, and get the receipt, Is it still possible I can't get green card if I am not notified to be interviewed before Sep 30th? I saw a paragraph on the website about the background as below, " If an applicant is reported documentarily qualified but allocation of a visa number is not possible because of a visa availability cut-off date, the demand is recorded at VO and an allocation is made as soon as the applicable cut-off date advances beyond the applicant's priority date. There is no need for such applicant to be reported a second time. "

Does it mean that I will still be available to have interview after Sep30 once I send document and get the receipt ????
Will they arrange the interview as soon as possible when the date is closer to Sep 30th since they have already received the fee I paid?

Hello,
My CN will be current July.
Is it still risky to send my AOS package once my CN become current ?
Should I wait until the 1st day of July?
Thank you.

Even though I have send all documents to USCIS, pay the fee, and get the receipt, Is it still possible I can't get green card if I am not notified to be interviewed before Sep 30th? I saw a paragraph on the website about the background as below, " If an applicant is reported documentarily qualified but allocation of a visa number is not possible because of a visa availability cut-off date, the demand is recorded at VO and an allocation is made as soon as the applicable cut-off date advances beyond the applicant's priority date. There is no need for such applicant to be reported a second time. "

Does it mean that I will still be available to have interview after Sep30 once I send document and get the receipt ????
Will they arrange the interview as soon as possible when the date is closer to Sep 30th since they have already received the fee I paid?

What you quoted above is not DV applicable.

Again, regardless of if you have been issued with a NOA receipt or not, and regardless of if your payment was received and cashed, the entire process comes to an end on Sept. 30th. Even if you’re invited for an interview after Sept. 30th, (which has happened before), no GC will be issued because the applicable FY (fiscal year) is over.

“The adjustment of status process for diversity visa winners must be completed by September 30 of the fiscal year the lottery pertains to. Visas cannot be carried over to the next fiscal year.”
https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/diversity-visa

USCIS typically fast track DV based AOS petitions in general compared to all the other non AOS based petitions. They make additional effort at processing pending such cases as the year draws to an end. Your payment being received and cashed by USCIS does not not mean they have to adjudicate your petition before the end of the FY year.

You should spend some time going over the last couple of pages of past DV AOS threads in this forum for a better understanding of the process - and for stories of past selectees who became current towards the end of the FY.

Hello,
My CN will be current July.
Is it still risky to send my AOS package once my CN become current ?
Should I wait until the 1st day of July?
Thank you.

There’s always a slight risk associated with early filing. You’ll have to weigh the risk and decide on your own if you want to file early or not.

1. Answer yes if Asylum petition was filed after going out of status (that is if asylum petition was accepted by USCIS after I-90 expiration).
2. If answer is yes, instruction says "provide an explanation of the events and circumstances" applicable to your case, so I can't provide you with information on what you should write there.

Hi Mom, So i have applied for Asylum before my i-94 entry was expired. in other words, i was granted admission for 6 months and i have filed my asylum application before that 6 months end, (more precisely after 2 months from my entry to the U.S). So in this case just say No ?

Hi Mom, So i have applied for Asylum before my i-94 entry was expired. in other words, i was granted admission for 6 months and i have filed my asylum application before that 6 months end, (more precisely after 2 months from my entry to the U.S). So in this case just say No ?

Yes. I honestly think you should be able to figure out the right answer based on my previous response.

Hello Mom, I will be current in June. I am waiting for OPT approval that will come in May.
QN: I want to pay $330 fee (to avoid further delay waiting for the receipt), would this affect the OPT approval(do I show immigration intent by paying the fee??)

Hello Mom, I will be current in June. I am waiting for OPT approval that will come in May.
QN: I want to pay $330 fee (to avoid further delay waiting for the receipt), would this affect the OPT approval(do I show immigration intent by paying the fee??)

No, it will not impact OPT approval, yes it constitutes a demonstration on an immigrant intent.

No, it will not impact OPT approval, yes it constitutes a demonstration on an immigrant intent.
Thank You, even if I send the whole AOS package won't impact OPT approval? (I wanna know if there is any necessity to wait for OPT approval).

Thank You, even if I send the whole AOS package won't impact OPT approval? (I wanna know if there is any necessity to wait for OPT approval).

I never said that, although it really shouldn’t. Well it never did, in the past, which is prior to this current administration and their view/stance on immigration issues of course.

I previously explained the significance of having an OPT approval in place before filing AOS - this gives you a fall back status (without any doubt) if AOS petition doesn’t get approved. You can of course submit AOS petition now if you like.

Hi Mom,
My no AS10xxx should be current next month and I am looking to proceed via AOS. I have already paid the Department of state as well as prepared the package accordingly.
What are my chances to get the interview? I am looking to submit package on the day it goes current.
Thanks

Hi Mom,
My no AS10xxx should be current next month and I am looking to proceed via AOS. I have already paid the Department of state as well as prepared the package accordingly.
What are my chances to get the interview? I am looking to submit package on the day it goes current.
Thanks

It’s either 0% or 100%. I can’t predict anyone’s chances.

We just reentered with advance parole. After sitting around in secondary for about 20 minutes we got given our passports back and left. No questions or anything.

Super happy to be still in with a chance.

Hi,
In I485 form, should I answer Yes to the question 25 or 26, If I have a red light violation citation (camera)?.
25. Have you been arrested or cited, charged or detained for any reason by any law enforcement?
26. Have you ever been committed a crime (even if you are not arrested to cited...)
Thanks!

HI, I have question about name.
So originally I from Russia, where patronymic names are used. So when I file application for DV lottery I used my patronymic name.
Now I have this patronymic name as middle name in NL1 and NL2.

The problem is that I changed citizenship many years ago and after that I stopped using this patronymic name.
I don't have any middle names in current passport, marriage certificate, birth certificates of my children and etc.

Should I fill out middle name in I-485 as in NL1 or as in my passport?

Thank you.

Hi,

I just checked my status online. It says "we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number #, at our National Benefits Center location". Does that mean my back ground check is done??

Hi,
In I485 form, should I answer Yes to the question 25 or 26, If I have a red light violation citation (camera)?.
25. Have you been arrested or cited, charged or detained for any reason by any law enforcement?
26. Have you ever been committed a crime (even if you are not arrested to cited...)
Thanks!

A red light citation is a traffic citation, so please use your best judgment.

HI, I have question about name.
So originally I from Russia, where patronymic names are used. So when I file application for DV lottery I used my patronymic name.
Now I have this patronymic name as middle name in NL1 and NL2.

The problem is that I changed citizenship many years ago and after that I stopped using this patronymic name.
I don't have any middle names in current passport, marriage certificate, birth certificates of my children and etc.

Should I fill out middle name in I-485 as in NL1 or as in my passport?

Thank you.

Your call - use your best judgment.