• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

1. You can take various documents documenting co-mingling of assets such as financial documents, insurance information where you have each other listed as beneficiaries, mail addressed to the other party not residing at wherever it is you both regard as your home as proof you both reside together, etc.

2. Not a bad idea to do so.

Hi mom:
My wife also receives IL, and the interview date is next month, three weeks after me. The notice mentions that I must go with her.
I'm studying the interview tips now. Thank you for the help!

Hi everyone,

Quick question - since making the DOS payment, I've received an email from KCC thanking me that I've informed them of my plan to apply for AoS with the USCIS. The letter goes as follow:

Dear My Name:
Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Before you apply, you should know there are some restrictions on who qualifies for adjustment of status in the United States. For more information on the requirements and forms needed, please see the USCIS website at... The letter continues and is a 2 page PDF document.

Note - I have not submitted my DS-260 yet. Can anyone please shed some light on what this actually is and why I received it?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Quick question - since making the DOS payment, I've received an email from KCC thanking me that I've informed them of my plan to apply for AoS with the USCIS. The letter goes as follow:

Dear My Name:
Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Before you apply, you should know there are some restrictions on who qualifies for adjustment of status in the United States. For more information on the requirements and forms needed, please see the USCIS website at... The letter continues and is a 2 page PDF document.

Note - I have not submitted my DS-260 yet. Can anyone please shed some light on what this actually is and why I received it?

Thanks!

You received it because you’ve made the DV Administrative Fee payment - shows KCC is aware you plan on processing AOS even if you’re yet to submit the DS260 form.

Hi MOM, I was current in March bulletin and still Im waiting for withdrawal of AOS package. Is there any thing that I can do beside waiting? Will it take a long time ? I sent the withdrawal letter on December 13 th.
Thank You!

Hi MOM, I was current in March bulletin and still Im waiting for withdrawal of AOS package. Is there any thing that I can do beside waiting? Will it take a long time ? I sent the withdrawal letter on December 13 th.
Thank You!

Acknowledgment of petition withdrawal could take 45 to 60 days (one and half to two months). There’s nothing you can do to hasten the process. If you sent the withdrawal notice on Dec 13th, you’re still within the processing window as at now.

Hi Mom!

I've recently got an interview notice and waiting for my interview which I will attend with my family. In interview notice it is said that if someone is not fluent in English he needs to be accompanied by an interpreter/translator at the interview. May I be the translator for my wife and daughter or I will be considered an interested party and thus not allowed to translate?

Thank you!

Hi Mom!

I've recently got an interview notice and waiting for my interview which I will attend with my family. In interview notice it is said that if someone is not fluent in English he needs to be accompanied by an interpreter/translator at the interview. May I be the translator for my wife and daughter or I will be considered an interested party and thus not allowed to translate?

Thank you!

Yes you can act as the translator.

Hi Everyone,

FYI, just an update on my case : EU22xxx

I submitted my DS260 on May 17th 2018
I received my 2NL on January 11th 2019 (the wait was a bit longish for my taste)
I will send the 330 check to DoS this week

So far, nothing else, I did not receive a mail asking to email some documents or anything fancy like some of us have received.
Just waiting for my CN to become current
Step by step...

(and Yes, mom, I updated the timeline sheet :) )

Good luck to everyone

So far, nothing else, I did not receive a mail asking to email some documents or anything fancy like some of us have received.
Just waiting for my CN to become current
Step by step...

(and Yes, mom, I updated the timeline sheet :) )

Good luck to everyone

No AOSer has reported receipt of that email, only those processing CP. No AOSer will receive it for sure, KCC does not process or schedule interviews for them.

Thanks for updating the timeline spreadsheet.

Actually I have one question, regarding early filing.

I looked through the pages here and there but I could not get an idea on rejection statistics due to early filing.
Is it anecdotal ? More common in some places than others ? The worksheet highlights that it is a possibility despite Early Filing Memo being attached in the package, but is it probable ? I saw only one relevant case in last year's timeline, the other one being rejected even before the DV year has started.

Based on this I would (very carefully) assume that rejection due to early filing is relatively rare, but my perspective on the process is very limited, so if anyone wants to chip in, I am all ears.

Kind regards,

Actually I have one question, regarding early filing.

I looked through the pages here and there but I could not get an idea on rejection statistics due to early filing.
Is it anecdotal ? More common in some places than others ? The worksheet highlights that it is a possibility despite Early Filing Memo being attached in the package, but is it probable ? I saw only one relevant case in last year's timeline, the other one being rejected even before the DV year has started.

Based on this I would (very carefully) assume that rejection due to early filing is relatively rare, but my perspective on the process is very limited, so if anyone wants to chip in, I am all ears.

Kind regards,

Anecdotal? :rolleyes: As in some old wive’s tales? That, it clearly isn’t. FYI: I wouldn’t have bothered to include the information on the spreadsheet if I wasn’t aware of the FACT that rejection or denial has happened in the past due to early filing.

Sm1smom,

I was clearly not implying that this matter was trivial. I just wanted to have a better idea on the ratio of early filing based rejections vs early filing acceptance. I understand however that it happens, even last year, as one can see in the DV 2018 timeline.
I also understand that it can have important financial consequences as one might go over the 60 days validation of the medical exam when refiling etc...

I was merely wondering if the gamble was worth the shot, especially since the number of people that do file early is rather impressive.

Anyway, thank you for providing some color on the matter.

Kr,

Hi Mom,

Is there any way to be aware if our background check is completed? by infopass or calling somewhere?

Thank you

I had infopass today. They told me that an officer is reviewing my case from today morning. Does it mean that I will get my IL soon?

I had infopass today. They told me that an officer is reviewing my case from today morning. Does it mean that I will get my IL soon?

No one here knows - that’s the one million dollar question you should have asked at the INFOPASS.