• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am a DV 2019 Oceania Selectee with a Case Number is in the low 400's meaning I can submit this February. Very excited by all of this! And am super thankful for this wonderful resource!

I am pursuing via AOS and this is where I'm at: (*all tasks completed within the last week)

- Submitted by DS-260 and am awaiting the 2NL from KCC.
- Sent my DV Administrative Fee and am awaiting Receipt to be returned.
- Paid for Ticket 33 Police Check and am awaiting processing and arrival.
- I have all of my necessary documentation - Birth Certificate and Educational Certificates/Degree, and am awaiting for my Vaccination Records to arrive before commencing the Medical Exam.

What have people's experiences been thus far with waiting times on the 2NL and DV Administrative Payment Receipt?

My current E-3 visa ends on May 19, 2019. I am curious what my chances of having my Interview prior to my E-3 expiring, and if my Interview is passed that expiration date, what happens then? Am I then placed on a bridging-visa where you cannot work but you are allowed to remain in the country until the process is complete?

Also I see in the AOS Package information that it's important to include the Employment Letter for my current employment but I've heard it's not necessary to include your LCA. Is this true?

Any tips and advice would be most appreciated.

I hope everyone's own applications are going well! Wishing you all a successful outcome! :)

Hi everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am a DV 2019 Oceania Selectee with a Case Number is in the low 400's meaning I can submit this February. Very excited by all of this! And am super thankful for this wonderful resource!

I am pursuing via AOS and this is where I'm at: (*all tasks completed within the last week)

- Submitted by DS-260 and am awaiting the 2NL from KCC.
- Sent my DV Administrative Fee and am awaiting Receipt to be returned.
- Paid for Ticket 33 Police Check and am awaiting processing and arrival.
- I have all of my necessary documentation - Birth Certificate and Educational Certificates/Degree, and am awaiting for my Vaccination Records to arrive before commencing the Medical Exam.

What have people's experiences been thus far with waiting times on the 2NL and DV Administrative Payment Receipt?

My current E-3 visa ends on May 19, 2019. I am curious what my chances of having my Interview prior to my E-3 expiring, and if my Interview is passed that expiration date, what happens then? Am I then placed on a bridging-visa where you cannot work but you are allowed to remain in the country until the process is complete?

Also I see in the AOS Package information that it's important to include the Employment Letter for my current employment but I've heard it's not necessary to include your LCA. Is this true?

Any tips and advice would be most appreciated.

I hope everyone's own applications are going well! Wishing you all a successful outcome! :)

1. See DV2019 Timeline spreadsheet for information regarding DV AOS 2NL receipt. AOS process spreadsheet (which you’re already familiar with) covers information regarding AOS payment receipt.

2. No one can predict when your interview is likely to happen, however if you take a look at the 2019 Timeline spreadsheet, and past Timeline spreadsheets by the way (links to all of them are on the AOS process spreadsheet), you’ll get a better idea of how long it’s for others within the jurisdiction of your FO to complete the process. If your current status expires before your AOS petition gets approved, you’ll automatically fall into what is know as adjustment pending status - it is an authorized stay while AOS petition is pending which does not allow you to work unless you have an approved AOS based EAD.

3. DV based AOS petition is different from an employment based AOS petition. LCA is a worksite certification employers have to contend with, plays no role in a DV based AOS petition.

4. Tips and advice?
- Lots of patience required for this process.
- Familiarize yourself with the AOS process spreadsheet, it has several tabs - go through them all.
- Go through the Timeline spreadsheets.
- Find time to go through some of the past AOS threads in this forum.

1. See DV2019 Timeline spreadsheet for information regarding DV AOS 2NL receipt. AOS process spreadsheet (which you’re already familiar with) covers information regarding AOS payment receipt.

2. No one can predict when your interview is likely to happen, however if you take a look at the 2019 Timeline spreadsheet, and past Timeline spreadsheets by the way (links to all of them are on the AOS process spreadsheet), you’ll get a better idea of how long it’s for others within the jurisdiction of your FO to complete the process. If your current status expires before your AOS petition gets approved, you’ll automatically fall into what is know as adjustment pending status - it is an authorized stay while AOS petition is pending which does not allow you to work unless you have an approved AOS based EAD.

3. DV based AOS petition is different from an employment based AOS petition. LCA is a worksite certification employers have to contend with, plays no role in a DV based AOS petition.

4. Tips and advice?
- Lots of patience required for this process.
- Familiarize yourself with the AOS process spreadsheet, it has several tabs - go through them all.
- Go through the Timeline spreadsheets.
- Find time to go through some of the past AOS threads in this forum.

Hi Mom,

Thank you kindly for your reply. Really appreciate it. I've been going through the AOS Process Spreadsheet and it's been super helpful! It has made this process immensely easier to understand.

Two questions I would love clarification on:

1. I have read that a change in process is in place and an email is sent from KCC after submitting DS-260 stating to submit documents online. Is still true for AOSers?

2. I read in the AOS FAQ's, that if my 2NL does not arrive before my Case Number is current, it's okay to send the AOS Package without the 2NL (just bring it to the Interview). Filed my DS-260 on December 31st 2018. In your opinion, on February 1st, when my Case Number becomes current, should I send in my Package without the 2NL or wait till it arrives and then send?

Thanks. :)

Hi Mom,

Thank you kindly for your reply. Really appreciate it. I've been going through the AOS Process Spreadsheet and it's been super helpful! It has made this process immensely easier to understand.

Two questions I would love clarification on:

1. I have read that a change in process is in place and an email is sent from KCC after submitting DS-260 stating to submit documents online. Is still true for AOSers?

2. I read in the AOS FAQ's, that if my 2NL does not arrive before my Case Number is current, it's okay to send the AOS Package without the 2NL (just bring it to the Interview). Filed my DS-260 on December 31st 2018. In your opinion, on February 1st, when my Case Number becomes current, should I send in my Package without the 2NL or wait till it arrives and then send?

Thanks. :)

1. Not applicable to AOSers.

2. Yes go ahead and submit the AOS package without the 2NL.

In the instruction for filling I765, USCIS has mentioned if I am filling the form with i485, I have to put a notice of i485 pending with the form.

What notice I would have when I am filling both i485 and i765 together?

Also, can someone tell me what category they chose for i765 ? is it C9?

In the instruction for filling I765, USCIS has mentioned if I am filling the form with i485, I have to put a notice of i485 pending with the form.

What notice I would have when I am filling both i485 and i765 together?

Also, can someone tell me what category they chose for i765 ? is it C9?

1. No NOA required to be filed with an I-765 if the form is being filed together with the I-485. The NOA is only required IF the I-765 is being filed separately or after the I-485 was previously filed.

2: C9.

Hi!

I have a quick question with regards to the DOS Payment Receipt. I completed the AOS Fee payment form:
DV Program Case Number: _____________________________________

Selectee Surname _____________________________________________

Selectee Given Name __________________________________________

Address ______________________________________________________

City: State: Zip Code: __________________________________________

Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)

Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)

Followed all the instructions, and send it off to this address:
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Today in the mail I received my self-addressed envelope with the above form send back to me, with a stamp on the form. The stamp reads as follow:
PAID
DATE: 12/31/2018
By: Initials of someone

Is this the actual receipt? Or should I be expecting something more official in the mail? This feel so uneventful ;)

Thanks for your help and feedback!

Hi!

I have a quick question with regards to the DOS Payment Receipt. I completed the AOS Fee payment form:
DV Program Case Number: _____________________________________

Selectee Surname _____________________________________________

Selectee Given Name __________________________________________

Address ______________________________________________________

City: State: Zip Code: __________________________________________

Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)

Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)

Followed all the instructions, and send it off to this address:
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Today in the mail I received my self-addressed envelope with the above form send back to me, with a stamp on the form. The stamp reads as follow:
PAID
DATE: 12/31/2018
By: Initials of someone

Is this the actual receipt? Or should I be expecting something more official in the mail? This feel so uneventful ;)

Thanks for your help and feedback!

That IS the receipt.

Hi Sm1smom and everyone -

So far so good witht the AOS - I have just recieved my interview notice for Feb, and all is looking psoitive.
Just a quick query -

When taking all original documents to the interview, how have people taken their original degree documents? Both my degrees are massive sheets of A3 paper - is it best to carry them in a poster tube? I just don’t want to seem as some how suspicious for carrying a large tube with me into a governmnet building (ie dangerous). Is that the best option?
Thanks for your advice.

Hi Sm1smom and everyone -

So far so good witht the AOS - I have just recieved my interview notice for Feb, and all is looking psoitive.
Just a quick query -

When taking all original documents to the interview, how have people taken their original degree documents? Both my degrees are massive sheets of A3 paper - is it best to carry them in a poster tube? I just don’t want to seem as some how suspicious for carrying a large tube with me into a governmnet building (ie dangerous). Is that the best option?
Thanks for your advice.

I don’t know about using a tube to bring in documents into a federal government building, most people I know of typically use folders and bags.

Hi everyone,

First post here, and I should start off by reiterating what a great resource this is. Really invaluable stuff.

I was selected for further processing for 2019 and had 2 questions I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on (I'm looking to do AOS):

1. My number is fairly high (AF00026XXX) which means I'd expect my number to become due around May/June. I'm currently working in the US but need to leave for 2 weeks at the end of Feb for a family wedding. Should I fill out the DS-260 right now to potentially help expedite the process/get the 2NL, or wait until my number becomes due to be safer with being allowed re-entry? I'm on an L-1 visa currently which I know is dual-intent, limiting the risk of getting pushback when re-entering, hopefully!

2. Since my number is pretty high, would CP be the better route to go down, or would we anticipate that there would be enough time to get everything done with AOS (provided I don't drop the ball and do everything as promptly as possible).

All tips are appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

First post here, and I should start off by reiterating what a great resource this is. Really invaluable stuff.

I was selected for further processing for 2019 and had 2 questions I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on (I'm looking to do AOS):

1. My number is fairly high (AF00026XXX) which means I'd expect my number to become due around May/June. I'm currently working in the US but need to leave for 2 weeks at the end of Feb for a family wedding. Should I fill out the DS-260 right now to potentially help expedite the process/get the 2NL, or wait until my number becomes due to be safer with being allowed re-entry? I'm on an L-1 visa currently which I know is dual-intent, limiting the risk of getting pushback when re-entering, hopefully!

2. Since my number is pretty high, would CP be the better route to go down, or would we anticipate that there would be enough time to get everything done with AOS (provided I don't drop the ball and do everything as promptly as possible).

All tips are appreciated!

Thanks!

1. Since L1 is a dual intent visa, you can submit your DS-260 form and travel out of the US afterwards. You shouldn’t have any issue related to DS260 submission on your return or when AOS interview comes around. Of course you need to be aware of the fact that only a USC is ever guaranteed of admission or re-admission into the US.

2. The best route to go with is your call, you have a better understanding of your entire circumstances. Having said that, I will also say we know of selectees who became current in August/September who successfully completed AOS on or before the end of the FY.

As for tips - go over past AOS threads in the forum.

1. Since L1 is a dual intent visa, you can submit your DS-260 form and travel out of the US afterwards. You shouldn’t have any issue related to DS260 submission on your return or when AOS interview comes around. Of course you need to be aware of the fact that only a USC is ever guaranteed of admission or re-admission into the US.

2. The best route to go with is your call, you have a better understanding of your entire circumstances. Having said that, I will also say we know of selectees who became current in August/September who successfully completed AOS on or before the end of the FY.

As for tips - go over past AOS threads in the forum.

Thanks for this - confirmed my thinking, which is encouraging :)

Hi mom:

Thanks for previous help!! I have received the IL and the appointment date is next week. Because my wife is in a different state, she is assigned to different FO and still waits for the IL. I will go to the interview by myself and my questions are:
1. I will bring the supporting documents, like the certificate of marriage and a photo book, to show our marriage (we have married three years ago). Should I bring any additional material for my interview?
2. Should I go with my wife for her interview? (At that moment, I have completed my interview. She will bring the certificate of marriage and a photo book.)

Thank you for taking your time on my questions.

Hi mom:

Thanks for previous help!! I have received the IL and the appointment date is next week. Because my wife is in a different state, she is assigned to different FO and still waits for the IL. I will go to the interview by myself and my questions are:
1. I will bring the supporting documents, like the certificate of marriage and a photo book, to show our marriage (we have married three years ago). Should I bring any additional material for my interview?
2. Should I go with my wife for her interview? (At that moment, I have completed my interview. She will bring the certificate of marriage and a photo book.)

1. You can take various documents documenting co-mingling of assets such as financial documents, insurance information where you have each other listed as beneficiaries, mail addressed to the other party not residing at wherever it is you both regard as your home as proof you both reside together, etc.

2. Not a bad idea to do so.

Hi mom:

Hi Mars @Mars2045
When you got your IL, your case status changed accordingly or still shows finger print received/completed? Iam just wondering.