• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

I stand to be corrected, since the VB is current for August and September it means there's enough visas to cover the selectee, so keep hoping alive and wait!! The moderators might add more to this!
Thanks

Hi everyone, after a successful CP experience and plenty of help & knowledge from this forum, I'd like to share my timeline.
My case number was 2019AS12xxx.

May 2018: 1NL.
Aug 2018: Submitted DS260 online.
2 Apr 2019: Email from KCC "Further DV Documents Required".
11 Apr 2019: Asked KCC to unlock my DS260 to add new passport information.
12 Apr 2019: Replied KCC email with required documents.
June 2019: 2NL.
July 2019: Medical.
6 Aug 2019: Interview, approved!
7 Aug 2019: CEAC status changed from Ready to AP.
15 Aug 2019: CEAC status changed from AP to Issued! Note that there was no status or date updates whatsoever between 7-15 Aug.
16 Aug 2019: Picked up passport.

Hi all, I have a question about activating DV visa. When I am at an airport (port of entry), which line should I go for? I believe usually there are 2 different lines: one for citizens/green card holders, another one for non-citizens.

Hi all, I have a question about activating DV visa. When I am at an airport (port of entry), which line should I go for? I believe usually there are 2 different lines: one for citizens/green card holders, another one for non-citizens.
for your activation trip you will use the non-citizen line

Usually non citizen, a few airports have dedicated new immigrant lines.

Hi everyone, after a successful CP experience and plenty of help & knowledge from this forum, I'd like to share my timeline.
My case number was 2019AS12xxx.

May 2018: 1NL.
Aug 2018: Submitted DS260 online.
2 Apr 2019: Email from KCC "Further DV Documents Required".
11 Apr 2019: Asked KCC to unlock my DS260 to add new passport information.
12 Apr 2019: Replied KCC email with required documents.
June 2019: 2NL.
July 2019: Medical.
6 Aug 2019: Interview, approved!
7 Aug 2019: CEAC status changed from Ready to AP.
15 Aug 2019: CEAC status changed from AP to Issued! Note that there was no status or date updates whatsoever between 7-15 Aug.
16 Aug 2019: Picked up passport.

Congrats! It must be such a good feeling now when you are finally checking and booking that flight to USA! May I ask what further documents the KCC required from you on April 2nd? Anything unusual/new?

You can do it on the uscis webpage. You need to "add a paper case" (paraphrasing) and then follow the prompts.

Hi everyone!

Anybody any idea what “Ready” means?

Interview was on sep. 4th , visa was approved but not gotten the passports back. Just checked the visa status website and found out it says “Ready”. Was not it supposed to say “Granted”?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 8650C220-37FA-47DE-A259-78E69187778B.jpeg
    8650C220-37FA-47DE-A259-78E69187778B.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 30
Hi everyone!

Anybody any idea what “Ready” means?

Interview was on sep. 4th , visa was approved but not gotten the passports back. Just checked the visa status website and found out it says “Ready”. Was not it supposed to say “Granted”?

Thank you.
It turns to “issued” (not “granted”) when the visa is actually printed, which can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks after the interview for standard cases. “Ready” means it hasn’t been updated since before your interview. The updating of status is up to the individual consulate and some are better than others at doing it. Did you have to register with a courier company for return of the passports?
The last update on that case is 17 September so they are doing...something.

Thank you SusieQQQ.

Yes they have registered for courier return at DHL.

Any idea if the visa availability is maxed out for 2019 yet? If it is possible to know at all.

Thank you SusieQQQ.

Yes they have registered for courier return at DHL.

Any idea if the visa availability is maxed out for 2019 yet? If it is possible to know at all.

They ran out of visas for Egypt (country max reached) but other than that there should be ample available. This case is Ethiopia?
Maybe they can contact the embassy, or even DHL to see if they have received any communication about the case from the embassy?

They ran out of visas for Egypt (country max reached) but other than that there should be ample available. This case is Ethiopia?
Maybe they can contact the embassy, or even DHL to see if they have received any communication about the case from the embassy?
Yes it is Ethiopia. Sure we will check at the DHL then embassy.

Hmm...thank you very much. I will come back for the update on Monday possibly.

Is it likely any outstanding visas that have to be issued will be done this week? Would people still have interviews for dv2019 this week or is it done and dusted?

Hi!

So I got my visa approved at the end of September and will receive the Green Card once I enter the U.S. which I´ll do soon!! So yay!

Thanks for all the help from the forum!

Also one question: Now that I cannot enter the DS-260 anymore, I have to change my U.S. address that I put for the Green Card to be mailed. How/where do I do that?

Hi!

So I got my visa approved at the end of September and will receive the Green Card once I enter the U.S. which I´ll do soon!! So yay!

Thanks for all the help from the forum!

Also one question: Now that I cannot enter the DS-260 anymore, I have to change my U.S. address that I put for the Green Card to be mailed. How/where do I do that?
Congratulations just change the address at the point of entry.