• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

What countries are we talking about?
I was born in Saudi Arabia but I don't have birth certificate from there. As per USCIS, I read that in case I couldn't get birth certificate from Saudi Arabia ... I should provide Affidavit of Birth.

Could you please advise me on how to provide it?

I think you are still slightly confused. My main concern is that it should be clear to KCC that you are processing CP (in Spain, as opposed to in the USA). They have to ask you for some documents and you have to send them. That all needs to happen within the next three weeks, and only IF that happens you can be interviewed. Which means you will only be interviewed in September, the last month of the year. There is little time for misunderstandings.

Thanks Britsimon, and everybody else clarifying my questions! Called the KCC and they said it's clear I'm doing CP, and that everything is OK with my DS-260 submission and that I just need to wait for their email, and call again in a couple of weeks if I haven't received any notice from them.

I was born in Saudi Arabia but I don't have birth certificate from there. As per USCIS, I read that in case I couldn't get birth certificate from Saudi Arabia ... I should provide Affidavit of Birth.

Could you please advise me on how to provide it?

I actually asked for countries, not country. I was asking because the credibility of the birth cert you have would be important as to whether you need additional proof or not.

Speak to a local lawyer to prepare the affidavit, preferably one familiar with US immigration.

Thanks Britsimon, and everybody else clarifying my questions! Called the KCC and they said it's clear I'm doing CP, and that everything is OK with my DS-260 submission and that I just need to wait for their email, and call again in a couple of weeks if I haven't received any notice from them.

That's good.

I actually asked for countries, not country. I was asking because the credibility of the birth cert you have would be important as to whether you need additional proof or not.

Speak to a local lawyer to prepare the affidavit, preferably one familiar with US immigration.
Oh sorry Simon, I was born in Saudi Arabia and I am an Egyptian citizen having a birth certificate from Egypt showing that I was born in Saudi Arabia. I will be interviewed in UAE.

First of all, is it necessary to have the birth certificate from the country of birth? Or it will be enough to have the birth certificate from Egypt?

Thanks in advance.

Oh sorry Simon, I was born in Saudi Arabia and I am an Egyptian citizen having a birth certificate from Egypt showing that I was born in Saudi Arabia. I will be interviewed in UAE.

First of all, is it necessary to have the birth certificate from the country of birth? Or it will be enough to have the birth certificate from Egypt?

Thanks in advance.
And if I have a secondary school certificate from Saudi Arabia and it is clearly mentioned "place of birth: Saudi Arabia" ... could this be enough to prove the birth in Saudi Arabia since I don't have the birth certificate itself?

And if I have a secondary school certificate from Saudi Arabia and it is clearly mentioned "place of birth: Saudi Arabia" ... could this be enough to prove the birth in Saudi Arabia since I don't have the birth certificate itself?

OK - well, can I assume you are interviewing in Cairo? If so that is good for a couple of reasons.
1. It is one of the friendlier embassies.
2. Your scenario won't be that unusual - they will have seen it before.

Edit: Just saw your post and saw the UAE embassy. Point 2 is still true, point 1 is less true. You could contact the embassy and ask them directly whether you need an affidavit. Are your parents still alive? If an affidavit is needed, it would be best if they provide the affidavit as you were very young when you were born and can't really swear to your place of birth. ;-)

Posting for a friend:

Dear Simon,

I am DV-2019 winner. My interview is scheduled on July 18, 2019.
I have a query regarding the country of eligibility. While filling the entry form for the DV program, I chose the country of eligibility by mistake my current residence country (Qatar) instead of my birth country (Egypt).
I amended that on my DS-260 form.
Due to this mistake I have been randomly selected as part of Asia winners.
May I know if there is any chance for me to be eligible for the DV visa or no?

Regards,

Posting for a friend:

Dear Simon,

I am DV-2019 winner. My interview is scheduled on July 18, 2019.
I have a query regarding the country of eligibility. While filling the entry form for the DV program, I chose the country of eligibility by mistake my current residence country (Qatar) instead of my birth country (Egypt).
I amended that on my DS-260 form.
Due to this mistake I have been randomly selected as part of Asia winners.
May I know if there is any chance for me to be eligible for the DV visa or no?

Regards,

There’s no way to amend the previously selected chargeability country. Your friend will be denied since they got selected under the AS region, while their selection (if they got selected) should have been under the AF region. It is an automatic denial at the interview, your friend shouldn’t bother proceeding.

Dear Simon,

I am a DV2019 winner and my interview is within couple of weeks, I would like to ask few questions about the sponsor as you know that the I 134 form should be submitted along with the following documents (W2, 1040, HR Letter as well as bank statement) :

1. Is it safe to provide the petitioner with the SSN?
2. Is it mandatory to provide the petitioner with the detailed bank statement since it is considered as a personal matter?
3. What should the HR Letter include?

Regards,

hi Sm1smom,
I am new to this forum. And I am with DV second letter. I gave the interview as well. And I submitted all the required documents asked in interview. But no positive response.
I am really sorry for the inconveniences but just want to be clear about how who's I-134 is needed to be submitted ?
-Since I have already submitted I-134 of my main sponsor (xxxxxxxxxx) should I need to submit I-134 again, Or
I should ask my joint sponsor or co sponsor to fill I-134 each.
-Scanned copy of my interview letter had asked. And I sent as well.
- However the mail asked about the unlikely factors after given the second letter from Kentucky consular center 3505 North Highway 25W Williamsburg, KY 40769 USA.
-It will be really generious of you If my doubt being clear so that I can collect required documents.
What is the next step?
Thank you for your time.

Hey help ! What should I do after this mail received ? From visa counsular
Dear xxxxxxxxxx

After careful review of your document submission, an officer has determined that you are unlikely to overcome public charge concerns at this time. This finding is based on a thorough consideration of the totality of circumstances of your case and the five statutory factors: age, health, family status, resources and assets, and education and skills.

Please do not submit additional evidence unless and until your situation materially changes, and you can demonstrate an authentic ability to support yourself in the United States.

Please collect 4 X Passports of your family member from Nepal Investment Bank Limited.

Please note that the Diversity Visa program is both numerically and time-limited. Under no circumstances can a visa for the DV 2019 program be issued after September 30, 2019. Please note that because of the limited number of visas that may be issued under DV 2019, visas may cease to be available even before September 30, 2019.

Sincerely,

Consular Section
U.S. Embassy
Kathmandu Nepal

@Chawayang

Looks like your case has been denied based on the likelihood of you and your family becoming a public charge if granted an approval. It seems your sponsor’s income did not meet the requirements for both his household and yours together.

You can try to find another sponsor with sufficient income to support both their household and yours together and submit a new I-134 to the embassy for consideration. In the meantime, you need to go pick up your passports as stated on the email.

hi Sm1smom,
I am new to this forum. And I am with DV second letter. I gave the interview as well. And I submitted all the required documents asked in interview. But no positive response.
I am really sorry for the inconveniences but just want to be clear about how who's I-134 is needed to be submitted ?
-Since I have already submitted I-134 of my main sponsor (xxxxxxxxxx) should I need to submit I-134 again, Or
I should ask my joint sponsor or co sponsor to fill I-134 each.
-Scanned copy of my interview letter had asked. And I sent as well.
- However the mail asked about the unlikely factors after given the second letter from Kentucky consular center 3505 North Highway 25W Williamsburg, KY 40769 USA.
-It will be really generious of you If my doubt being clear so that I can collect required documents.
What is the next step?
Thank you for your time.

This is a very frustrating way to get denied, because it is simple to know if you are properly prepared or not.

As Mom says, they decided your I-134 wasn't sufficient. The income was too low, or they did not believe this person was genuinely going to support you. They are concerned that they person is a family member or friend - someone that would have reason to support you. It can't be a stranger.

There is no "co sponsor" scenario for I-134. The requirement for income is low, if someone doesn't meet that income level - then they have no way to support another person! So an I-134 from a person that does not meet the income needed, is useless.

The income requirement is based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines. More info here: http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

Interesting that KDU are now denying cases on public charge grounds. That is somewhat new - they used to be satisfied by a "welcome lettter", but I had noticed they are now expecting a valid I-134.

Dear Sir,

Good day!

I am a DV2019 winner and my interview is within couple of weeks, I would like to ask few questions about the sponsor as you know that the I 134 form should be submitted along with the following documents (W2, 1040, HR Letter as well as bank statement) :

2. Is it mandatory to provide the petitioner with the detailed bank statement since it is considered as a personal matter?

Regards,

@Sm1smom or @Britsimon, I am doing CP and I keep seeing these post about I-134 form. Is it a requirement to fill it out?
I am reading in the Travel.state.gov website under "Prepare for Interview" section and I don't see anywhere mentioning this I-134 form. Please enlighten me.

Thank you!

Dear Sir,

Good day!

Regards,

1 & 2. The intent of the I134 is assuming financial responsibility for the applicant and their derivatives. That requires a relationship and trust. So being "timid" about sharing SSN and bank info causes a question about whether there is really the relationship there or not...

3. HR letter is not required. Payslip is better. Photo ID is required.

Hello, I am IBRAHIM from Ghana, my wife by the name NAJAT has been selected for DV2019 and she has an interview appointment due in August, 2019. Meanwhile, we are a bit nevous because she has Mathematics D7 or pass in her high school final exams but she proceeded to the Nursing training College and completed as a Nursing Assistant Clinicals. Please Moderator, do you think she is good to go considering her grade in mathematics?

Good morning
my case number is 2019AS100XX, afew days ago i received an email from KCC that said all my documents is accepted and now i have just to wait for the interview schedule, my question is do i have a chance to get an interview or not ??
i mean my CN is too high for asia and the visa bulletin is CURRENT for july , august and september, so what should i do ?