• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

My number is AF11***. My case has gone current and am waiting for 2nl. However my host has changed his mind of hosting me esp after seeing the details to be filled in form i134.
However i have a new host who is willing to come in and sign the affidavit form..kindly advice me on how to effect this changes on my Ds-260

Provide the updated the information at your interview.

My number is AF11***. My case has gone current and am waiting for 2nl. However my host has changed his mind of hosting me esp after seeing the details to be filled in form i134.
However i have a new host who is willing to come in and sign the affidavit form..kindly advice me on how to effect this changes on my Ds-260

Just update at interview.

Hi Brit ,MOM and Susie,
I’m so confused about the i 134 form, I'm wondering whether that form is required to be filled and submitted by each individual DV winner or not? How can I know whether I am obliged to do that or not?
Thank you.

Hi Brit,SMOM and Susie,
My CN is 2019AS00012xxx ,
As instructed ,In the submit and sign page of the DS260 I did omit the 3 Zeros which are immediate next to the region in the CN ( i.e. I filled 2019AS12XXX instead of 2019AS00012XXX), However upon the submission I got instant E-mail confirming that my DS260 has been submitted, I just realized that the subject of the said E-mail and the accompanied registration application confirmation page are both showing that my CN without the omitted zeros( i.e. 2019AS12XXX ), is that normal ?
Thank you

Hi Brit ,MOM and Susie,
I’m so confused about the i 134 form, I'm wondering whether that form is required to be filled and submitted by each individual DV winner or not? How can I know whether I am obliged to do that or not?
Thank you.

Selectees may be required to demonstrate they will not become a public charge, one of the ways to do so is by submitting an I-134. Some embassies require submission of an I-134 at the interview, some recognize the use of host system (selectee intends to stay and rely on family members/friends) if the need arises, some will accept bank statements with a sizable amount of savings, etc. The best way to overcome public charge presumption is to have an I-134.

Hi Brit,SMOM and Susie,
My CN is 2019AS00012xxx ,
As instructed ,In the submit and sign page of the DS260 I did omit the 3 Zeros which are immediate next to the region in the CN ( i.e. I filled 2019AS12XXX instead of 2019AS00012XXX), However upon the submission I got instant E-mail confirming that my DS260 has been submitted, I just realized that the subject of the said E-mail and the accompanied registration application confirmation page are both showing that my CN without the omitted zeros( i.e. 2019AS12XXX ), is that normal ?
Thank you

Yes that is normal.

Thank you very much Smom for your swift response.
As stated earlier ,My CN is 2019AS00012XXX, Close to 13K more than 12K
1-Do I have a chance to be interviewed?
2- What is the appropriate time for me to send the Civil Documents to KCC? Kindly note that I haven’t received yet any instruction from KCC to do that.

Selectees may be required to demonstrate they will not become a public charge, one of the ways to do so is by submitting an I-134. Some embassies require submission of an I-134 at the interview, some recognize the use of host system (selectee intends to stay and rely on family members/friends) if the need arises, some will accept bank statements with a sizable amount of savings, etc. The best way to overcome public charge presumption is to have an I-134.
Hi Smom,

Thank you ever so much for your detailed answer.

1-How can I know which type of proof they want to be presented during the visa interview ,so I can prepare myself accordingly?

2- I don't have any friend or relative to fill ( I -34 )Form for me, Instead I can present a bank statement showing my saving ,How much the minimum amount I suppose to have it for myself and for my derivative in the bank statement.
Thank you.

Thank you very much Smom for your swift response.
As stated earlier ,My CN is 2019AS00012XXX, Close to 13K more than 12K
1-Do I have a chance to be interviewed?
2- What is the appropriate time for me to send the Civil Documents to KCC? Kindly note that I haven’t received yet any instruction from KCC to do that.

1. I have no idea - I don’t analyze CN in order to determine if or when a selectee might become current.

2. You’ve already demonstrated an immigrant intent with the DS260 submission. So you can go ahead and submit your documents now, or wait till you hear from KCC.

Hi Smom,

Thank you ever so much for your detailed answer.

1-How can I know which type of proof they want to be presented during the visa interview ,so I can prepare myself accordingly?

2- I don't have any friend or relative to fill ( I -34 )Form for me, Instead I can present a bank statement showing my saving ,How much the minimum amount I suppose to have it for myself and for my derivative in the bank statement.
Thank you.

1. I have no idea what the CO may require from you. Best way to prepare is to have an I-134 on hand.

2. We often recommend $10,000 per adult and $5,000 per child is a good starting point. A couple of embassies have required evidence of way more than that though in the past though.

Hello everyone! I just applied for a new passport since my country is doing away with the current passports by the end of the year. Question is, do I need to update DS260? Or should I just take both passports to the interview? I've had my documents verified and will probably be on the VB for June.

Hello everyone! I just applied for a new passport since my country is doing away with the current passports by the end of the year. Question is, do I need to update DS260? Or should I just take both passports to the interview? I've had my documents verified and will probably be on the VB for June.
I’d take both to the interview but flick the kcc an email and see what they recommend

1. I have no idea what the CO may require from you. Best way to prepare is to have an I-134 on hand.

2. We often recommend $10,000 per adult and $5,000 per child is a good starting point. A couple of embassies have required evidence of way more than that though in the past though.
Thank you SMOM

Hi Smom and Simon, we need your help again ,
Some of my derivatives were born in country which are not granting the citizenship on birth, therefore we have two birth certificates, one was issued by the country of birth and another one was issued by our home country and both of them are containing the same details, my question is, which one we should scan and submit and present during the visa interview?

Hello, happy to meet this unique communication area for education and understanding, my case number is af2019000328** when Do you think I m my family will be appointed for interview we submitted our ds-260 since July 2018?

My case number is AF328***, I have submitted our D's 260 since July 2018 but we are not yet have an appointment letter,when do you think we will get interview?

Hi Smom and Simon, we need your help again ,
Some of my derivatives were born in country which are not granting the citizenship on birth, therefore we have two birth certificates, one was issued by the country of birth and another one was issued by our home country and both of them are containing the same details, my question is, which one we should scan and submit and present during the visa interview?

Please use your best judgement on this.

@Sm1smom I submitted my DS-260 a few months back and finally yesterday I got the email saying that "Further DV Documents Required". I am doing CP.
I am wondering, if I want to edit my DS-260 to include "other names" in my application, is that possible?
I've seen people here emailing KCC for AOS/CP change purposes but I am unsure if I am allowed to still make changes to the entry of my DS-260.
Will there be any drawbacks if I do email KCC to make changes, e.g. I need to wait for their email confirmation first that they've made the changes before I can send my documents along to them?

@Sm1smom I submitted my DS-260 a few months back and finally yesterday I got the email saying that "Further DV Documents Required". I am doing CP.
I am wondering, if I want to edit my DS-260 to include "other names" in my application, is that possible?
I've seen people here emailing KCC for AOS/CP change purposes but I am unsure if I am allowed to still make changes to the entry of my DS-260.
Will there be any drawbacks if I do email KCC to make changes, e.g. I need to wait for their email confirmation first that they've made the changes before I can send my documents along to them?

Emailing KCC to unlock the DS260 form and emailing required documents are two separate issues, independent of each other.

If you need to update your DS260 form, contact KCC and request they unlock your form. It doesn’t stop you from sending in the documents they’ve requested for.