• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

I
This Thread has been created for all DV 2019 Selectees to use in sharing the good news about their selection and to potentially ask questions about processing. We don’t know for certain if the plug will be pulled on DV 2019 before the FY starts, so until then it’s going to be business as usual here.

Congratulations and best of luck!
have been selected. 2019AF00012###
I live in Cameroon

Hi,
I have been selected for the fiscal year 2019 and my case number is 2019AF00012...
I am in Cameroon.
in am taking English course to increase my level so please excuse me if my English isn't good . I don't work ans I am not going o school. I have diploma. I spend 2 Years in university and I got a diploma . But now I am just taking my English training I am in B2 level . My question is : the fact that I am not in school or that I don't continuous at the university or that I am not working can be a problem during my interview?

Hi,
I have been selected for the fiscal year 2019 and my case number is 2019AF00012...
I am in Cameroon.
in am taking English course to increase my level so please excuse me if my English isn't good . I don't work ans I am not going o school. I have diploma. I spend 2 Years in university and I got a diploma . But now I am just taking my English training I am in B2 level . My question is : the fact that I am not in school or that I don't continuous at the university or that I am not working can be a problem during my interview?

Did you graduate HS?Do you have a HS diploma equivalent to a US high school diploma?

yes I have it . Since 2015

If you have a HS Diploma which is equivalent to a US high school - meaning that Diploma qualifies you for a four year college/university admission - then that’s all you need for the educational qualification.

You not working or being in school will not on it’s own cause you a visa denial. You may however be required to proof you wouldn’t become a public charge in which case you may be required to present an affidavit of support (form I-134), or a bank statement with significant amount of savings, or a welcome letter from a host in the US. It all depends on your embassy’s preference.

I have a very basic question, but I prefer to ask better than mess it up..

I’ve been living and working in the US with a NIV for more than 2 years. Technically, even though I’m living here, my permanent address or residence is in my home country, am I right?

I’m filing out the DS-260 as CP. Which should I list as Current address? And as mailing address? My guess is that should be the one in the US, but just in case, I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

Can anybody help me with my question about the NIV and the current address and the mailing address? Is it correct to state that my address is in the US if I’m working and living here but with a NIV?

Thank you very much

Hi, guys!
I hope you are doing well.
I have been selected as a winner for green card and i am very happy about that, I have 2 questions if you don't mind to answer
1. My Number is EU16xxx do you consider as good number, and do you have any info last year when they called number like 16k ?
2. I filled the DS-260 June 26, did i delay my form submission ?
Thank you

Hi, anybody from a travel ban country without waivers and exemption cases was successful in getting their visa for DV-lottery 2019 so far?

Hi, anybody from a travel ban country without waivers and exemption cases was successful in getting their visa for DV-lottery 2019 so far?
You do realize DV2019 so far consisted of 6 working days including today? Most non-complicated cases don’t even get visas back that fast.

Hi!

I'm finishing the DS-260, but I have a few more questions before submitting the form:

1. One of my previous address has changed its name and number in 2016. The apartment and the street are exactly the same, in the same location, but the Cityhall decided to change its name. Since, when I was living there (before 2016), the name was different to the current one, I was thinking to write the address like this, using the 2 available lines:

Address (first line): (OLD NAME)
Address (second line): NOW NAMED (NEW NAME)

The first name is the old one, and the second, the current one. what do you think?

2. I'm currently working in the US with an E2 visa, and I also have a SSC, and I can print my I-94 report. Any of those documents contain an Alien Registration Number?

My husband, besides visa, SSC and I-94, has a work permit or Employment Authorization Card, per category A17 (spouse of an E2 visa holder).
I believe that the USCIS# with 9 digits in his card is his Alien Registration Number, am I right?

3. Another question is about the e-mail. Can I use a different e-mail for the DS-260 to the one that I used in the original Application? I'd rather use one that is more private and that I won't miss any message.

You do realize DV2019 so far consisted of 6 working days including today? Most non-complicated cases don’t even get visas back that fast.
Sorry I don't get what you mean by 6 days! I just realized yesterday that I was selected but the results were there since May. Didn't anybody in the 5-6 months go for interview?

Sorry I don't get what you mean by 6 days! I just realized yesterday that I was selected but the results were there since May. Didn't anybody in the 5-6 months go for interview?

DV2019 interviews run from October 2018-September 2019.

Hello Sir,
I m a 2019 winner of DV Lottery, My case number is 2019AF3xxx9, Right up till now the 15th Oct, I have not been given appointment. What is happening?

Last edited: