• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

I was also thinking of renewing my passport before the interview so that i do not have to renew my passport while overseas which would be a pain and cost more. Will it effect the interview at all if i am using a new passport different to the one i applied with?

Hi guys excited to be going for my interview in Sydney in March.
Just starting to get my documents together and I have managed to dig our my HSC certificate which i got for finishing year 12 in NSW along with a list of my year 12 courses. I also have my bachelors degree which I got through studying in the USA on a student visa. Will this be enough to prove my education?

Yes it will.

I was also thinking of renewing my passport before the interview so that i do not have to renew my passport while overseas which would be a pain and cost more. Will it effect the interview at all if i am using a new passport different to the one i applied with?

Shouldn’t be a problem. Just make sure you attend your interview with both passports - old and new.

Question re passports:

My country of chargeability is New Zealand, but I only have an Australian passport (I am a dual NZ and Australian citizen). Can I get my DV in my Australian passport, or do I need to get a New Zealand passport?

Question re passports:

My country of chargeability is New Zealand, but I only have an Australian passport (I am a dual NZ and Australian citizen). Can I get my DV in my Australian passport, or do I need to get a New Zealand passport?

Either way is fine.

So... When asked where are you staying on arrival? Do I reply with my friend's address that I have supplied in the documents or can I say an (as yet undetermined) air bnb or hotel? The latter being the most likely truth.
But is it just better to say my friend's place?
Thanks

So... When asked where are you staying on arrival? Do I reply with my friend's address that I have supplied in the documents or can I say an (as yet undetermined) air bnb or hotel? The latter being the most likely truth.
But is it just better to say my friend's place?
Thanks

ALWAYS tell the truth to immigration officials. You’re arriving on an immigrant visa, they probably won’t even ask you where you’re staying (they might ask a question to verify GC mailing address). But if they ask you any questions, be honest.

We got through! Apologies to anyone else there...it was the most badly behaved my son has ever ever been. So embarrassed. Thank you to the wonderful Brit and co. Now to tell our families

We got through! Apologies to anyone else there...it was the most badly behaved my son has ever ever been. So embarrassed. Thank you to the wonderful Brit and co. Now to tell our families

LOL. The USA has some pretty awful children, so don't feel bad.

Hi all,

OC63x here, interviewing in March. I thought I’d share my experience regarding a request I made with the Sydney consulate to change the interview date.

On the 13feb18 I asked that my interview that was scheduled for the 13mar18 be moved to later in the month because I was awaiting a Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Criminal history check. I received a response this morning stating that they had changed the interview date to the 27mar18. The whole process was pretty simple and was resolved in less than three days: so far it’s been a good experience with the consulate. If anyone needs to move their interview date then all you have to do is ask: just provide the honest reason and also make it clear that if they can’t change the date then you would like to retain your original interview date.

If anyone had any questions about acquiring a RCMP Criminal history check or my DV application experience so far then don’t be afraid to ask!

Good luck to all.

Hi all,

OC63x here, interviewing in March. I thought I’d share my experience regarding a request I made with the Sydney consulate to change the interview date.

On the 13feb18 I asked that my interview that was scheduled for the 13mar18 be moved to later in the month because I was awaiting a Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Criminal history check. I received a response this morning stating that they had changed the interview date to the 27mar18. The whole process was pretty simple and was resolved in less than three days: so far it’s been a good experience with the consulate. If anyone needs to move their interview date then all you have to do is ask: just provide the honest reason and also make it clear that if they can’t change the date then you would like to retain your original interview date.

If anyone had any questions about acquiring a RCMP Criminal history check or my DV application experience so far then don’t be afraid to ask!

Good luck to all.

Good luck to you! They are really reasonable. I received a message on Wednesday telling me they had returned my proof of University graduation in error and I needed to resend it.
All cleared up really quickly.

OC5xx. What's the verdict on those with university degrees, but no high school diploma? Will this present an insurmountable problem at the beginning of the consulate process when they ask for documents?

I was offered a job half way though Yr 12 and later entered university via adult entry. I'm also in the middle of a second degree, and will be a full-time student at the time of the interview. I'd like to finish the degree and move to the US afterwards. Spent around 18 months in the US on a J1 and then B1/B2 after I finished my first degree a few years ago.

Is it worth attending the interview?

What's the verdict on those with university degrees, but no high school diploma? Will this present an insurmountable problem at the beginning of the consulate process when they ask for documents?

I was offered a job half way though Yr 12 and later entered university via adult entry. I'm also in the middle of a second degree, and will be a full-time student at the time of the interview. I'd like to finish the degree and move to the US afterwards. Spent around 18 months in the US on a J1 and then B1/B2 after I finished my first degree a few years ago.

Is it worth attending the interview?
It used to be a problem but a subtle change in the wording means it shouldn’t be anymore.

How much longer do you need to finish your degree? Is it another undergraduate degree or is it postgrad?

I’m assuming you don’t meet the work experience equivalence as you haven’t mentioned that?

Hi. OC9XX here. I’m wondering if you’ve had enough responses to determine whether those candidates that submitted photos from the previous year have really been rejected. I am one of those and am really anxious now that my CN is soon to go current.

Hi. OC9XX here. I’m wondering if you’ve had enough responses to determine whether those candidates that submitted photos from the previous year have really been rejected. I am one of those and am really anxious now that my CN is soon to go current.

I don’t believe I’ve personally seen any reports of that happening.
It’s my sense that this forum has been a lot quieter than in some past years though. @Britsimon, anything on your blog from anyone about this?

It’s my sense that this forum has been a lot quieter than in some past years though. @Britsimon, anything on your blog from anyone about this?

I have not heard from one case refused for the DV2017 photo. My site has had over 1 million hits since October (not distinct users, hits. Obviously many people come back often) , so I think I would have heard something by now if refusals for DV2017 photos were common.

Thanks for that...that's a bit of a relief.

I have not heard from one case refused for the DV2017 photo. My site has had over 1 million hits since October (not distinct users, hits. Obviously many people come back often) , so I think I would have heard something by now if refusals for DV2017 photos were common.
Thanks and appreciate the response. That's a bit of a relief. I shall certainly post to update the forum if and when I do get through with my DV2017 photo.