• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

While I understand his word is far from gospel, couldn't help but reading trump suggesting there will be a government shutdown this week stemming from a disagreement on immigration policy, if this were the case how would it effect DV2018 selectees?

It slows things down a bit... not a big deal.

Hi this may appear a naive question but what is the US equivalent of Byron Bay? Surely there are a few areas like this. Just trying to think about cultural places that are also pretty to move to. Broadening our thoughts on where to move.... Thanks guys xx

Yeah I was surprised that there's nothing on the checklist regarding proof of finances - I took mine along just in case but they didn't ask to see it.

I did my medical in central Sydney and it took around two and a half hours all up. This involved having to walk a few blocks and back to get X-rays done. The cost was around $380 for standard medical, $80 for x-ray and $60 for pathology.

Good luck with everything! :)

Completed our medicals today at O’Connel St Medical in Sydney. About 4 1/2 hours all up for my wife, 2 year old and self including X-rays at a different location.
Ditto on the costs, 2 year old was a little cheaper and she did not need X-rays or blood work.
Consular interview coming up on the 9th of January!

Completed our medicals today at O’Connel St Medical in Sydney. About 4 1/2 hours all up for my wife, 2 year old and self including X-rays at a different location.
Ditto on the costs, 2 year old was a little cheaper and she did not need X-rays or blood work.
Consular interview coming up on the 9th of January!

Wishing you well. We are the following month. Also taking a 2 yr old. Hope we aren't kept waiting long. Will only make the experience excruciating for all those waiting. Please report back. All the very best.

Hi all,

I have my interview scheduled in mid Feb 2018 and I am currently in the process of preparing the documents, I have a question about police certificate I was hoping someone can please help me

According to the State Department website, a police certificate is only needed if the DV applicant is 16 and older and fit one of the following categories

From
the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 months
OR
the country of current residence (if different from nationality) if they resided there for more than 6 months
OR
any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months
OR
any country where arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there

I lived in Hong Kong when I was 6-14, and then moved permanently to Sydney Australia. Does that mean that I am only required to submit a name+DoB (code 33) check from Australian Federal Police and a certificate from Hong Kong is NOT required given that I migrated when I was 14?

Regards,
ING

Hi, getting down to obsessing about the details of our papers.
1. Do photos need to be cut out?
2. Named on the back?
3. Signed too?
4. Are they as strict for these photos as for the application? My son's hand is in the photo. Face still clear... Wondering if I should get them retaken?
5. Do I take my CV? Should it be 1 page USA style?
Thanks again for all your help DV angels!!

1, 2 and 3 - I can't remember.
4. I'd get them retaken
5. Never hurts to take more than less. It can be in the Oz format.

Had our consular interview in Sydney this week. All went well and we are off to the US!

Consular process was very straight forward. Spent only an hour and a half there, questions were very basic and found the staff super friendly. Nothing to worry about!

Such a relief after many years of trying different avenues to move there. We will be relocating to TN later this year after we do our activation trip in May

Had our consular interview in Sydney this week. All went well and we are off to the US!

Consular process was very straight forward. Spent only an hour and a half there, questions were very basic and found the staff super friendly. Nothing to worry about!

Such a relief after many years of trying different avenues to move there. We will be relocating to TN later this year after we do our activation trip in May

Congrats and best of luck in your final move to the U.S.

Many congratulations Mika to you and your family!!
What's in TN?
Did you show your CV or proof of financials?

What's in TN? Dollywood for a start, the world's greatest theme park! And Nashville. And the Smokies. I could go on and on and I don't even live in TN (albeit I live right next door in North Carolina).

What's in TN? Dollywood for a start, the world's greatest theme park! And Nashville. And the Smokies. I could go on and on and I don't even live in TN (albeit I live right next door in North Carolina).
Lolz babe. Was more asking what takes him there. Of course Dollywood.

What's in TN?
Thanks Motherly.
Have been travelling to Nashville for the past 15 years, it’s home. We have friends there, know the city really well and already own a house there which we will move in to.
Apart from that I’m a musician so it’s a great fit across the state.
Actually also going to take a look at Chattanooga in May. City has come a long a lot in the past few years. Good location between Nashville and Atlanta too. 99% sure we will be calling Nashville home though!

What's in TN?
No, no cv or financials. Was never asked.
My wife was the primary and they asked her if and for how long she worked in the area she has a degree in (graphic design).
Very basic questions. Why the move, where will you live, what will you do.

Ok sounds pretty straight forward. Thank you. Just got myself way too excited looking at flights. So cheap! Then I realized I was looking at USD. It's 6 mths from the medical date to fly right? This is the most excited I have been as a adult! Haha. And looking forward to finally telling our families too!

Ok sounds pretty straight forward. Thank you. Just got myself way too excited looking at flights. So cheap! Then I realized I was looking at USD. It's 6 mths from the medical date to fly right? This is the most excited I have been as a adult! Haha. And looking forward to finally telling our families too!
6 months from medical and 12 months from police check.
I did my Australian police check too early in all the excitement, it expires mid May, otherwise we would have until June when the medical expires.

6 months from medical and 12 months from police check.
I did my Australian police check too early in all the excitement, it expires mid May, otherwise we would have until June when the medical expires.

The expiration date of the visa has no bearing on the PCC, only the medical exam.