DV 2018 OC Selectees

Hi guys - one quick question.

The address I wanted my green card sent to has changed due to the person moving. I was wondering if I needed to change my address before entering the country to activate or if i can do that at the time of activation? I'll be activating in 3 weeks.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi guys - one quick question.

The address I wanted my green card sent to has changed due to the person moving. I was wondering if I needed to change my address before entering the country to activate or if i can do that at the time of activation? I'll be activating in 3 weeks.
Update/change the address at the POE.

I just moved to the US. Everything at the port of entry was fine and the officer was genuinely friendly and lovely.

Has anyone else that moved receive a letter stating they must pay $200 to receive their green card? It was directly from immigration and I’m confused as I haven’t heard much about this happening to others.

I just moved to the US. Everything at the port of entry was fine and the officer was genuinely friendly and lovely.

Has anyone else that moved receive a letter stating they must pay $200 to receive their green card? It was directly from immigration and I’m confused as I haven’t heard much about this happening to others.
There is a $220 USCIS Immigrant Fee payable before the permanent resident card will be issued. This fee is payable either before immigrating to the USA or upon entry.

Is that separate to the fee I paid at the consulate when I had my interview?
Yes, that is in addition to the $330 payable at the consulate for your interview. I can't seem to add links to external websites but you can check BritSimon's blog for details on all the fees. Just search for "DV lottery fees" and it will break down all the costs.

Hey KishOC, did you receive this letter in the mail after you entered the US? I just entered 3 days ago and I wasn't asked to pay anything at the POE in LA. I asked the immigration officer and he said to pay online for the green card to be sent out. I'm struggling to do that because I don't know what my 'DOS number' is...

SusieQQQ

your DOS number is your case number.
https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

In related news, I paid the fee before entry. It took exactly one month (today) for it to tick over from pending after arrival to ‘approved’ and the card is now ordered to be produced. Someone’s still working at the USCIS despite the govt shutdown.
USCIS is mostly fee based, not dependent on the federal funds affected by the shutdown. It’s because you pay that fee that they are still working.