1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Sm1smom, May 2, 2017.

  1. geol8

    geol8 Member

    Hi guys. The september Visa Bulletin has been released. Rank cut off for october until case 190.
    Mooonlight and Xarthisius like this.
  2. Mooonlight

    Mooonlight Member

    you mean for specific region - which is "SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN" I believe. For Europe this year they started only below 2,600 :(
    Anyways, good luck to all of us! AOSers in this Forum ;)
    F1_DV2018 likes this.
  3. geol8

    geol8 Member

    that's right, sorry
  4. Winwood

    Winwood New Member


    I'm new on this threat...

    I am applying for adjustment of status and I have some doubts on the following question:

    1.- My DV case has been called out in this visa bulletin released today (August 9th, 2017) Do you recommed me to submit my application right away or wait a little bit more. If you recommend to send it right away, do I need to make some reference of the early police memorandum ?

    2.- I am the selectee. I have an L2 visa and my husband L1, I'm not working right now but my husband does. I added as financial support bank statements, leasing agreement, home purchase contract, IRS, health insurance, medical insurance card, auto insurance. Do I need an Affidavit. We added pay- slips and other documents in my husband's packet.

    I will appreciate your advise.

    Thank you so much!
  5. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    1. Recommend you wait and send in your AOS package for arrival against Oct. 1st which is the start of the 2018 FY. You run a higher risk of your package being rejected or the petition being denied altogether due to the fact that the FY hasn't even started and you're doing early filing.

    2. You do not need an affidavit of support, your husband's income will be considered as jointly earned. Most of what you've listed are not necessary, you're not doing a marriage based GC petition. Take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet (link below) for guidance on what to include:

  6. Rex

    Rex New Member

    Hello, my number makes the cut-off and I expected to file in early September. If I have to wait until late September does it mean I should postpone my civil surgeon examination? I did my TB test one week ago and have an appoitment scheduled two weeks from now.
    I'm worried that I-693 might expire before my case is adjudicated. When does adjudication happens: after they accepted the documents or after the interview?
  7. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    No need to postpone the medical exam, you can continue as planned. It will be fine for an October submission.

    Adjudication happens when they're ready to approve or deny the petition - months after the submission. It may be with or with an interview, it depends on the FO and how complete your package is.
  8. Mooonlight

    Mooonlight Member

    @Sm1smom ,

    1 - I did mine last week too, but my CN did not meet the cut-off number for October. Hopefully it will make November's.. Do you think I should be fine ? (Medical exam dated August 3rd, my CN is EU4***)
    2 - do I still need to submit a copy of marriage certificate even if my husband is not adjusting his status with me? (he's out of status)

    Thank you in advance!
  9. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    1. It should be fine.
    2. Yes you need to since you will be listing your status as "married" I assume.
    Mooonlight likes this.
  10. Jonathan784

    Jonathan784 Member

  11. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    Yes it does.

    The August VB you referenced above was released mid July with the August section as the current month and September section as the Advanced section.

    Ditto for the recently released (in August) September VB which has the September section as the current month and October section as the Advanced section.
  12. Jonathan784

    Jonathan784 Member

    Ok thank you, so if I am expecting my CN to be current in October and it will not be current in September, does it mean I can't take advantage of early filing in August even though the early filing memo mentions 50-60 days prior?
  13. Xarthisius

    Xarthisius Active Member

    Just a few posts earlier...

    Sm1smom and Jonathan784 like this.
  14. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    If you're expecting your CN to become current in October, September current numbers cannot applicable to you since you're a DV 2018 selectee. Plus see my response to @Rex which is just a couple of posts above.
  15. JK83

    JK83 New Member

    Hello mom,
    I am a 2018 Winner, living and working in the US with an E2 visa and submitted the DS-260 from already. Once my number goes current I have to file the I-485 since I plan to do AOS in the US.
    My plan was to travel to Germany in December using the E2 visa to come back.
    Will the travel be considered double intent, even if I would hold off the filing of the I-485 until I am back. Thanks.
  16. Jonathan784

    Jonathan784 Member

    Two more question please,

    1. I had missed the link to the information about birth certificate translations in the 'Useful Link' segment of the spreadsheet. Did I understand it correctly that no embassy/consular stamped translations are accepted? And that a generic statement of English proficiency is required by the translator?

    2. I only have copies of my birth certificate, can I take that to a notary/translator or is it better to have my original mailed to me?

  17. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    There's no such thing as "double intent". You're deemed to have demonstrated an immigrant intent with the submission of your DS260 form regardless of when you eventually send in your AOS package.
  18. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    1. USCIS's instructions says documents not in English should be translated and accompanied by a signed certified statement by the person translating the document attesting to their fluency in both English and the language the document is being translated from.

    2. Whoever is translating the document should sight the original copy. You will also need the original for your interview anyways - IOs are supposed to request to see the original copy, so send for it.
  19. Jonathan784

    Jonathan784 Member

    Hi mom,

    Thank you again for your prompt replies!

    With regards to i134, as you have mentioned the new i485 does not require evidence of financial support for DV based applicants. I intend on including bank statements in the package, showing my parents sending me funds monthly. Given that fact and that I am in no way dependent on a sponsor (even if I can find one) do you still strongly recommend filing i134 as well?

  20. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    I recommend filing an I-134 in addition to the bank statements.

Share This Page