• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hello All!!

Last night around 3 am I was able to book an Infopass (first time to see availability for my field office) for beginning of September. Then, around 7AM both me and my spouse received a text message from USCIS that there is a new update -- "New Card Is Being Produced"!! Wohoooooooooooooo!

Again, thank you Mom (+ all others that have helped along the way) for all you support :)!

Good luck to the rest of you!!

Congratulations, happy for you.

Hi everyone,
First of all I want to thanks Mom, Brit and everyone in this great thread.
Today I received bad news that my I-485 has been denied and they mailed me the detailed decision.
So, I would to tell anyone have pending asylum and won a DV lottery not to apply thru Fairfax office because they wouldn’t to approve it because they use (overstay) reason and I am not the first one got denied for this reason.
Thanks and good luck

I’m sorry to learn of your denial. Please update as to the actual reason stated on the denial notice when you do receive it.

Hello All!!

Last night around 3 am I was able to book an Infopass (first time to see availability for my field office) for beginning of September. Then, around 7AM both me and my spouse received a text message from USCIS that there is a new update -- "New Card Is Being Produced"!! Wohoooooooooooooo!

Again, thank you Mom (+ all others that have helped along the way) for all you support :)!

Good luck to the rest of you!!
Congrats I’m really happy for you , enjoy your new status.

We order a new card for this receipt number.
It’s one of the happiest moments in my life.
Special thanks for you @mom , you were very helpful ,thanks for your patience and without your advice I couldn’t make it, thanks for @Britsimon and for everyone one who works with you guys, you are the best.
I will enjoy my new green life .

We order a new card for this receipt number.
It’s one of the happiest moments in my life.
Special thanks for you @mom , you were very helpful ,thanks for your patience and without your advice I couldn’t make it, thanks for @Britsimon and for everyone one who works with you guys, you are the best.
I will enjoy my new green life .

Good news! Congratulations :)

Please update the timeline spreadsheets with your info. Future selectees in asylum pending status will benefit a great deal from it.

If you are a derivative on asylum case, and the main applicant in the asylum case applied after 4 months of entry, and all applicants maintained their visa status (F1 for the main and F2 for derivatives) will that be considered as overstay and you get denied?

I’m sorry to learn of your denial. Please update as to the actual reason stated on the denial notice when you do receive it.

If you are a derivative on asylum case, and the main applicant in the asylum case applied after 4 months of entry, and all applicants maintained their visa status (F1 for the main and F2 for derivatives) will that be considered as overstay and you get denied?

Typically not. There’s usually other factors they consider before making a final decision.

Good news! Congratulations :)

Please update the timeline spreadsheets with your info. Future selectees in asylum pending status will benefit a great deal from it.
I will but can do it from my phone or it must be a laptop?. How can I ask for the permission to add my case?.

I will but can do it from my phone or it must be a laptop?. How can I ask for the permission to add my case?.

Go to the "AOS Process and Documents_Updated" spreadsheet from Mom. Then go to the "Timelines" tab and click on the DV 2018 timeline link. Then, once open, you send a request to receive permission to edit the spreadsheet. Once received, you can add your case.

I will tell you my story:
I’m a pending asylum since 2016, then in October 2016 my cousin told me to apply for DV lottery and he told it’s a chance and maybe you will get it, so I applied before two days of the ending, in 05/02/2017 I received the 1st NL that I have been randomly selected, in 05/11/2017 I filled my DS-260 and sent it, in 06/26/2017 I received my 2nd NL, after that I went to my attorney to ask her if I have a chance but she closed all the doors in my face and told me you don’t have any chance, then I started to search online for any hope I found a guy he was a pending asylum and got his GC through DV he gave me a hope, then I kept searching online and thanks god i found an amazing website related to @Britsimon and he guided me to @mom website and the spreadsheet I couldn’t do anything without their help and their guidance, for all people who won the DV-2019 and who will win the DV in the future, I advice you to follow mom’s and brit’s Advices.
My number :2018AS107**
My number got current in August
Sent Kcc 330$ 05/25/2018
Received receipt from Kcc:06/05/2018
Sent my AOS package to Chicago: 06/16/2018
Accepted my package and check cashed 06/27/2018
Biometric appointment 07/18/2018
Walk-in for biometric 07/09/2018
Received my interview letter 07/25/2018
Date of interview 08/22/2018
I went to Santa Ana local field office at 9:15 am, the officer called my name at 10:15 am.
He asked me to take the oath but I told him that there are some mistakes in my DS-260 and I-485 I wanna correct them before taking the oath , after the correction I took the oath, the officer was very knowledgeable and official, he asked my for birth certificate with the translation then he went through almost all the questions in I-485.
Before the end of the interview he told me that everything is looking good and your background check is clear now I will send your application to national Visa Center to allocate a visa for you, and asked me if I have any questions then we went out of the officer’s room he took my driver license and made a copy after that I left.
After 15 minuets I received an e-mail says that my case is under initial review, to be honest I got worried but mom told me it isn’t unusual, and today 08/24/2018 I received an e-mail says a new card is produced.
Thanks for everyone who tried to help us and I hope the best for all of you.

Last edited:
I will tell you my story:
I’m a pending asylum since 2016, then in October 2016 my cousin told me to apply for DV lottery and he told it’s a chance and maybe you will get it, so I applied before two days of the ending, in 05/02/2017 I received the 1st NL that I have been randomly selected, in 05/11/2017 I filled my DS-260 and sent it, in 06/26/2017 I received my 2nd NL, after that I went to my attorney to ask her if I have a chance but she closed all the doors in my face and told me you don’t have any chance, then I started to search online for any hope I found a guy he was a pending asylum and got his GC through DV he gave me a hope, then I kept searching online and thanks god i found an amazing website related to @Britsimon and he guided me to @mom website and the spreadsheet I couldn’t do anything without their help and their guidance, for all people who won the DV-2019 and who will win the DV in the future, I advice you to follow mom’s and brit’s Advices.
My number :2018AS107**
My number got current in August
Sent Kcc 330$ 05/25/2018
Received receipt from Kcc:06/05/2018
Sent my AOS package to Chicago: 06/16/2018
Accepted my package and check cashed 06/27/2018
Biometric appointment 07/18/2018
Walk-in for biometric 07/09/2018
Received my interview letter 07/25/2018
Date of interview 08/22/2018
I went to Santa Ana local field office at 9:15 am, the officer called my name at 10:15 am.
He asked me to take the oath but I told him that there are some mistakes in my DS-260 and I-485 I wanna correct them before taking the oath , after the correction I took the oath, the officer was very knowledgeable and official, he asked my for birth certificate with the translation then he went through almost all the questions in I-485.
Before the end of the interview he told me that everything is looking good and your background check is clear now I will send your application to national Visa Center to allocate a visa for you, and asked me if I have any questions then we went out of the officer’s room he took my driver license and made a copy after that I left.
After 15 minuets I received an e-mail says that my case is under initial review, to be honest I got worried but mom told me it isn’t unusual, and today 08/24/2018 I received an e-mail says a new card is produced.
Thanks for everyone who tried to help us and I hope the best for all of you.
I am happy for you, you are so lucky you did your interview somewhere who they know your pending asylum not interfere with DV.
I got denial while have same case of yours but in another FO.
Good luck

I am happy for you, you are so lucky you did your interview somewhere who they know your pending asylum not interfere with DV.
I got denial while have same case of yours but in another FO.
Good luck

You revert back to asylum pending now, correct?

I agree with mom, please post actual reasons for your denial once you officially know what they are, it is possible that there is a difference between the cases approved and yours.

Update! :)
"On August 24, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC******** and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to give us your new mailing address."

I would like to give special thanks to @mom and britsimon for the tremendous support and advice you offer to everyone on this forum. You are the true heroes! May god bless you!