• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I sent DV Fee Today. Included Cashier check for $330 and put it together with DV Fee receipt paper and sent it. Asked for a Priority mail just so it will get there on Monday or Tuesday hopefully.

Tomorrow going to do my med exam ( I got my old med history for couple shots that I had ) Hopefully that will reduce the price and time.

Now I am just hoping to get it :)

Thanks all, Will update you shortly

Hi,

We had our interview last Thursday. There is only one officer that handles DV. He is very cool and professional. We waited a bit, and were over one hour with him, reviewing all documents and checking that all was correct in the file. He did a good job but couldn’t approve our GC on the spot because the Name Check was not ready.

Please, go ahead and add your personal milestones to the spreadsheet with the timelines. It helps other fellow Houstonians to see how the progress is going here. Thanks!

Good luck!

Do I need to take previous visa applications for officer to check that everything is correct or will he check that in their system? or what did you mean that all was correct in the file?
Thank you.

Do I need to take previous visa applications for officer to check that everything is correct or will he check that in their system? or what did you mean that all was correct in the file?
Thank you.

Does anyone who has been interviewed has an answer for this one?
Thanks.

Hey,

I have a few questions which I hope you will be able to help me with:

1) Me and my wife under an f-1 visa under OPT (optional practical training), should I include form I-131 in my application? Are we eligible to do so?
from reading the instructions it seems that we can use it only in family emergency.

2) In case that our application is being denied, are we going back to our original status (F-1 student under OPT)?

Thanks!

Hey,

I have a few questions which I hope you will be able to help me with:

1) Me and my wife under an f-1 visa under OPT (optional practical training), should I include form I-131 in my application? Are we eligible to do so?
from reading the instructions it seems that we can use it only in family emergency.

2) In case that our application is being denied, are we going back to our original status (F-1 student under OPT)?

Thanks!

1. Anyone processing AOS is eligible to include the I-131 as part of their AOS package, it enables one to travel out, upon approval, while the AOS petition is pending should they need to. Traveling outside the US while the AOS petition is pending, without an approved AP card will result in the AOS being considered as abandoned and subsequently denied. In your case though, considering the 2018 FY is practically over, an AP or EAD card for that matter is a waste of time, it will not be approved or issued by the end of the FY.

2. Yes, if you haven’t done anything to violate the status.

Hello,

My interview is coming up and I'm trying to prepare some.. and I have 2 questions.

1. The affidavit of support that was sent with my AOS package, will the person interviewing me already have that affidavit in hand? Should I maybe bring a new copy of the affidavit of support?

2. Also my son (2) received an interview notice, do I need to bring him? If I do bring him, am I allowed to bring my mom so she can watch him during my interview? He has ants in his pants and is incapable of sitting still during an interview :p

Hello,

My interview is coming up and I'm trying to prepare some.. and I have 2 questions.

1. The affidavit of support that was sent with my AOS package, will the person interviewing me already have that affidavit in hand? Should I maybe bring a new copy of the affidavit of support?

2. Also my son (2) received an interview notice, do I need to bring him? If I do bring him, am I allowed to bring my mom so she can watch him during my interview? He has ants in his pants and is incapable of sitting still during an interview :p

1. You should attend the interview with a copy, just in case they’ve misplaced the one you sent in.

2. Your son needs to attend the interview with you. Your Mom is not expected, most likely will not be allowed in.

Hi
There got no spamming please, at the time i got selected this forum only helped me a lot so im trying to do something. please dont judge wrongly adn under estimate.

Did you go through the AOS process for your selection? The two posts I deleted made no sense and had absolutely nothing to do with AOS, so they equate to SPAMS. Wanting to help others is good, but you need to understand the process in order to provide useful help, don’t turn the thread into a conversational one by posting irrelevant stuff. This is the only Thread people processing AOS have, it needs to be clutter free.

Did you go through the AOS process for your selection? The two posts I deleted made no sense and had absolutely nothing to do with AOS, so they equate to SPAMS. Wanting to help others is good, but you need to understand the process in order to provide useful help, don’t turn the thread into a conversational one by posting irrelevant stuff. This is the only Thread people processing AOS have, it needs to be clutter free.

OK NOTED AND SORRY

Hey,
thanks for the reply,

Can you please clarify this:
"In your case though, considering the 2018 FY is practically over, an AP or EAD card for that matter is a waste of time, it will not be approved or issued by the end of the FY."

Do you mean that the entire AOS process is a waste of time and wont be approved by the end of the fiscal year, or only the AP/ EAD card (I-131)?

We were waiting for the dv fee receipt and medical exams to submit our papers...

Thanks!

Hey,
thanks for the reply,

Can you please clarify this:
"In your case though, considering the 2018 FY is practically over, an AP or EAD card for that matter is a waste of time, it will not be approved or issued by the end of the FY."

Do you mean that the entire AOS process is a waste of time and wont be approved by the end of the fiscal year, or only the AP/ EAD card (I-131)?

We were waiting for the dv fee receipt and medical exams to submit our papers...

Thanks!

Did my post not specifically say “an APor EAD card”? And did two of my earlier responses (before this last one already discuss the possibility of completing AOS by the end of the FY? Links to refresh your memory:
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-159#post-2477193
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-159#post-2477198

Thanks and sorry about my response, it was just to make sure because you wrote that the 2018 fiscal year is practically over.

I am familiar with your previous responses.
This forum and the information which it provides is my only hope for this entire process and is helping me a lot with the AOS process... I appreciate any of your responses.

Thank you.

Thanks and sorry about my response, it was just to make sure because you wrote that the 2018 fiscal year is practically over.

I am familiar with your previous responses.
This forum and the information which it provides is my only hope for this entire process and is helping me a lot with the AOS process... I appreciate any of your responses.

Thank you.

You’re reading, but you’re not paying attention to what you’re reading and applying them.

Yes, that is precisely what I wrote, the DV 2018 FY is practically over, your AOS petition must be approved by Sept 30th 2018, otherwise it’s all over. I already explained this to you about one or two weeks ago also. I referred you to my previous responses when you were asking if I meant the entire AOS process was a waste of time when that wasn’t what I wrote.