• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Yes you can apply for an AP card without applying for an EAD card. Be aware, using the AP card while your AOS petition is pending to seek re-admission into the US also invalidates your current F1 status, just like using an AOS based EAD card for authorized employment.
Got it. Thank you mom.

Then in this case, since I am not going to leave US during the AOS pending period, I think I do not need to submit i765 and 131 with i485(AOS package). Since I 1st. already have EAD, 2nd am not going to leave US.
So in this hypothesis, if I got denied in the end of interview. I am still able to work with EAD(F1OPT) and keep my status (f1) legally, am I correct?

Hello to Britsimon, Sm1smom and to those who read this. First of all I am very happy.

I recently won a DV Lottery for 2018. However, I am an F-1 Student and my i-20 Visa Form - is currently from 2015-2019. I need one more year to get my Bachelor's degree.
I never played DV Lottery until the last year, and this was my first time when I played.
I have been studying in the U.S since 2012. I have always been living and studying in the U.S legally.

So, now I won the lottery and do not know what to do. Yes, I am very happy, because I will have benefits to continue study and save little bit, but I need your advise. Please

1. Do I file Ds-260 and click to "Adjustment of Status" or should I go back to my country ? ( I don't want to fly back though, since I am 4-5 months away from the graduation ) ?

2. I have heard something about i485 form, and I am not sure what steps should I take and what kind of forms shall I submit first ?

3. How do I know when and where will be my interview if I select Adjustment of Status ?

3. Will this Lottery have a negative impact on my F-1 or am I fine, and just couple steps away from the Green Card ?

4. What are my chances? Are there any other any other laws that could prevent me of getting Green Card while I am on f-1 until 2019 ?

Finally , my CN is 20181TY*******BT. What does it mean? You were mentioning something about highest numbers or so. Please let me know

Thanks in advance.

Not an expert, but I'm in the same situation (F1 Student)

1. Submit the DS-260 document.
You don't have to go back to your country.
But you have to keep your F1 student until you can do AOS (adjustment of status).
If you are out of statatus you can not get the green card.

2. No idea.

3. I don't think there is any negative impact for you.

4. Your chances depend on your Case Number. There are different numbers for different continents.

As I said before, I'm no expert.
Just been reading about all this for the last 2 days...

Also I would like to thank the people providing all the information. Specially Sm1smom.
Thanks man!

Hello to Britsimon, Sm1smom and to those who read this. First of all I am very happy.

I recently won a DV Lottery for 2018. However, I am an F-1 Student and my i-20 Visa Form - is currently from 2015-2019. I need one more year to get my Bachelor's degree.
I never played DV Lottery until the last year, and this was my first time when I played.
I have been studying in the U.S since 2012. I entered the U.S with F-1 Visa and have always been living and studying in the U.S legally.

So, now I won the lottery and do not know what to do. Yes, I am very happy, because I will have benefits to continue study and save little bit, but I need your advise. Please

1. Do I file Ds-260 and click to "Adjustment of Status" or should I go back to my country ? ( I don't want to fly back though, since I am 4-5 months away from the graduation ) ?

2. I have heard something about i485 form, and I am not sure what steps should I take and what kind of forms shall I submit first ?

3. How do I know when and where will be my interview if I select Adjustment of Status ?

3. Will this Lottery have a negative impact on my F-1 or am I fine, and just couple steps away from the Green Card ?

4. What are my chances? Are there any other any other laws that could prevent me of getting Green Card while I am on f-1 until 2019 ?

Finally , my CN is 20181TY*******BT. What does it mean? You were mentioning something about highest numbers or so. Please let me know

Thanks in advance.

Read this first:

http://goo.gl/0va2DU

Then return to post follow up questions or anything else not addressed by the spreadsheet.

Read this first:

Then return to post follow up questions or anything else not addressed by the spreadsheet.

I just read the spreadsheet and it was very useful. However, I did not understand some key factors:

1. I could not figure out how should I check if MY CN becomes Current in Visa Bulletin.

2. I saw that I don't have to rush with fees for AOS and make MED exam, when my case number is high. Can you please tell me if my number is high though ? 2018EU00023**!

3. I understood that there are couple forms to fill out within AOS package, including i485, so that means I must fill out i485 no matter what, if I want to Adjust my Status.

3. When do I start filing AOS Package, from the time when I submit DS260? Probably when my CN is current - this leads to first question.

Thanks in advance!

Not an expert, but I'm in the same situation (F1 Student)

1. Submit the DS-260 document.
You don't have to go back to your country.
But you have to keep your F1 student until you can do AOS (adjustment of status).
If you are out of statatus you can not get the green card.

2. No idea.

3. I don't think there is any negative impact for you.

4. Your chances depend on your Case Number. There are different numbers for different continents.

As I said before, I'm no expert.
Just been reading about all this for the last 2 days...

Also I would like to thank the people providing all the information. Specially Sm1smom.
Thanks man!

1. I will submit DS-260 tonight.
I won't go back to my country, if I click on Adjustment of Status. I got my status until 2019 so I think I should be ok.
My case number was 2018 EU 00023 ** . Do you have a clue what that could mean ? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Finally, what I think is that when we file AOS Package, there will be i485 form, bio exam and med exam, within this package, if that is correct. Not sure yet.
However, I am not sure when should I send my AOS Package from the time when I finish my DS 260.

Thanks in advance.

I won, I won, I won!!!!! I was trying for 12 years and finally I m a winner. I have EU***34*** number. Is this a good number or I should be worried?

It's a bit high - but in some years that number would make it. It will be well into 2018 before that number is current though.

Hi Britsimon,

First of all thanks for your infomation. I was reading your blog yesterday & learned a lot about the topic.

What do you mean with "In some years?"
I thouhg that if they don't provide a interview date before Sept 2018 you just don't get a GC.

I saw a chart on your Blog showing that the max EU numbers for DV2016 were around 34.000.
So it is likely that having a CN 2018EU00034*** we won't be lucky enough...
Am I right?

(forum does not allow me to attach the chart)

I just read the spreadsheet and it was very useful. However, I did not understand some key factors:

1. I could not figure out how should I check if MY CN becomes Current in Visa Bulletin.

2. I saw that I don't have to rush with fees for AOS and make MED exam, when my case number is high. Can you please tell me if my number is high though ? 2018EU00023**!

3. I understood that there are couple forms to fill out within AOS package, including i485, so that means I must fill out i485 no matter what, if I want to Adjust my Status.

3. When do I start filing AOS Package, from the time when I submit DS260? Probably when my CN is current - this leads to first question.

Thanks in advance!

I believe your number is low.
30.000 is high
I tried to attach a chart from Brisimon blog but I can't do it.

Compare with the other European users.
Yours is the lowest I saw so far. You should be good :)

2018EU00036xxx.

2018EU00034***
2018EU00034xxx
2018EU00034xxx
2018EU00023**

Last edited:
What do you mean with "In some years?"
I thouhg that if they don't provide a interview date before Sept 2018 you just don't get a GC.

He means "in some years but not in others" - you interpreted it as meaning you need to wait some years until it is current?

Thanks in advance!

1. How to read the VB:
http://britsimonsays.com/read-visa-bulletin/

2. Mid range

3. Form I-485 is the AOS form

4. The AOS process spreadsheet explains when an AOS packaged can be filed/submitted

1. I will submit DS-260 tonight.
I won't go back to my country, if I click on Adjustment of Status. I got my status until 2019 so I think I should be ok.
My case number was 2018 EU 00023 ** . Do you have a clue what that could mean ? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Finally, what I think is that when we file AOS Package, there will be i485 form, bio exam and med exam, within this package, if that is correct. Not sure yet.
However, I am not sure when should I send my AOS Package from the time when I finish my DS 260.

Thanks in advance.

You've already been provided with a tool that addresses these basic questions you're asking. Don't expect to get much help if you're not willing to help yourself by utilizing the tool that has been painstakingly put together for DV Selectees processing AOS.

You've already been provided with a tool that addresses these basic questions you're asking. Don't expect to get much help if you're not willing to help yourself by utilizing the tool that has been painstakingly put together for DV Selectees processing AOS.

You are totally right.

I am just panicking a little bit and I apologize for asking a lot of questions.

I will make my conclusion in a few.

I believe your number is low.
30.000 is high
I tried to attach a chart from Brisimon blog but I can't do it.

Compare with the other European users.
Yours is the lowest I saw so far. You should be good :)

Thanks for the response. Really appreciate your thoughts.

I will file DS-260 and chose Adjustment of Status and will wait for the mail. Will keep you posted.

Please let me know if you will have some news as well.

Really appreciate your information here. The most useful topic on the Internet so far.

What I understood is that I have to fill DS-260 and chose AOS in my case - easy!
Then wait for the 1st email to come right, because I did not get any emails yet.
Could you tell me what the 1st email will be about? Because, when the 2 NL (email) from KCC arrives confirming my intention to do AOS, I will have to prepare my AOS package and so on, and only then they will notify me of my interview is that correct?

So let me make my questions clear:

1. Will there be some kind of 1st email before they send 2 NL? or there were not any 1st emails, and the fact that I have been randomly selected, means 1st notification?

2. Will they give an interview notification after they receive my AOS Package?

Please let me know,

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys

A close friend just won at the dvlottery, but by looking at his confirmation i realized that he might be in trouble. He is born in morocco (africa), he got only the moroccan citizenship but he lives in Italy. His number is a EU0xxxx.....is it over for him ?

Thanks a lot

Hello, I am not an expert, but I think that he should be fine. Do not worry that much.
There will be a number after three zero's. For example mine was EU00023**. Some other people also got good numbers like 0003***.

What did he get?

Hope this will be helpful for your friend.

Hello, I am not an expert, but I think that he should be fine. Do not worry that much.
There will be a number after three zero's. For example mine was EU00023**. Some other people also got good numbers like 0003***.

What did he get?

Hope this will be helpful for your friend.

I'm not sure how far back the post you're quoting is, but your response is incorrect. The person in question incorrectly charged to EU (Italy) when he should have charged to AF (Morocco, where he was born). This case would be disqualified unless the person has an Italian spouse to cross charge to.

Really appreciate your information here. The most useful topic on the Internet so far.

What I understood is that I have to fill DS-260 and chose AOS in my case - easy!
Then wait for the 1st email to come right, because I did not get any emails yet.
Could you tell me what the 1st email will be about? Because, when the 2 NL (email) from KCC arrives confirming my intention to do AOS, I will have to prepare my AOS package and so on, and only then they will notify me of my interview is that correct?

So let me make my questions clear:

1. Will there be some kind of 1st email before they send 2 NL? or there were not any 1st emails, and the fact that I have been randomly selected, means 1st notification?

2. Will they give an interview notification after they receive my AOS Package?

Please let me know,

Thanks in advance.

For the last time, READ THE SPREADSHEET! And please pay attention to what you're reading. There are several tabs on the spreadsheet, one of which is a step by step guide of what happens when.

Even though you claim you've gone through the spreadsheet, it's quite obvious you've not done a diligent job here. I'm sorry I can't spoon feed answers to you - I already went to a lot of trouble to answer the most basic questions you're asking on that spreadsheet.