• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

I wouldn't say America is merciless. What Americans have is an expectation that you won't need the government to help you: that you have enough brains, hustle and determination to make your own way in life without relying on a government nanny state who pays for you but quietly erodes your rights in the process.

make your own way in life without relying on a government nanny state who pays for you but quietly erodes your rights in the process.

I really love your last sentence. Not only your rights,...but your freedom, individuality and the incentive to work harder. I hope Americans won't ruin the values and features that attract hard-working immigrants from around the world.

Last edited:
Hello all
Was wondering if there was somewhere in this forum or elsewhere where we could see the highest (known) case number for each region throughout the years? Thanks

Hello and thank you!

I am filling up DS-260 and it requires me to upload our marriage certificate in order to add my wife as an applicant. My question is, can I upload our marriage document without translating it to English? We are from Turkey, we will be doing the interview in Turkey and our marriage certificate is written in Turkish.

Another question; I am working remotely from Turkey as an independent contractor for a US company, would it be a problem if don't specify the company name/address and only specify the job as "Software Developer Independent Contractor" and I put my home address (which is my actual office)?

Thanks.

Hi all, after applying for 5+ years I got selected today
2018EU00015xxx .. What's the meaning of the 15k+ number in my case?
Also I tried to submit DS-260 but while submitting its giving me the error that "the case number u entered does not match the case number u entered at sign in' " ..any ideas ? thanks

you omit the 000 please enter 21018EU15xxx that's will be ok , i m done too

Hello all
Was wondering if there was somewhere in this forum or elsewhere where we could see the highest (known) case number for each region throughout the years? Thanks

How do you think that would help? Each year is different.

I'm not entirely convinced all of these are really family tbh.
They really are. In most of the cases spouses and in one case parent and child, both winners of the same DV year. In almost all cases they decided to proceed CP with one CN only, of course the one having more chances for approval due to education / other background history.

They really are. In most of the cases spouses and in one case parent and child, both winners of the same DV year. In almost all cases they decided to proceed CP with one CN only, of course the one having more chances for approval due to education / other background history.

And how many of these presumably confirmed cases are we talking about? What country?

And how many of these presumably confirmed cases are we talking about? What country?

In my case it's totally true (have nothing to win by lying). Was completly taken aback (and confused) when I found out both me and my brother were selected. But I think it's something random, pure luck....no conspiracy in here. :D

Last edited:
We're talking about 8-12 cases over the last 3 DV years. DV2015-DV2017 in Albania and/or Albanians having other residency but beneficiaries cuz of country of chargeability rule.
The cases are reliable, based on FB group of 40k members and on private discussions.

In my case it's totally true (have nothing to win by lying). Was completly taken aback (and confused) when the screen came up with "Dear XXX,...You have been randomly selected...." for both my entry and my brother's. But I think it's something random, pure luck....no conspiracy in here. :D
There you go @saabe the conspiracy is growing :D

We're talking about 8-12 cases over the last 3 DV years. DV2015-DV2017 in Albania and/or Albanians having other residency but beneficiaries cuz of country of chargeability rule.
The cases are reliable, based on FB group of 40k members and on private discussions.

40000 members in an Albanian DV winners Facebook group?

Oh, I didn't mean all of them are winners, even though Albania has regularly been amongst 3 top DV beneficiaries in EU area

Oh, I didn't mean all of them are winners, even though Albania has regularly been amongst 3 top DV beneficiaries in EU area

Sure dude.
Albania has about 1.5k-3k winners a year. Even if every single one of those made it onto your Facebook group, which of course is highly unlikely, your group is just way too big for anything credible to relate to actual winners. You do know you can't believe everything you read on the internet, right?

Haha of course, I'm not 14 and I'm well educated but that was not my point... anyway I'll dig deeper on that and get back to you ;)