• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
This Thread has been created for all DV 2018 Selectees to use in sharing the good news about their selection and to potentially ask questions about processing.

So let me be the first to say congratulations on your selection and best of luck with the processing!

Another OC here, high CN19XX (almost CN20XX).... guess it will be a long year of keeping my fingers crossed.
Same, my wife got selected, her number is close to 215x.

From initial excitment to reading up, now I can't tell if it means we have a chance or not...

I'm an OC who was selected too -- CN000011**. It looks like I'll be waiting for a good while too

What does the CN in the number mean? The number my wife got was 2018OC000021xx

Based on the 2017 it looks like they are processing around #800 now and its 6 months in, so on that basis they will only get to around 1600 for the year, I assume 2018 will be much the same meaning it was false excitement with any number over 1800 unless the policy changes.

What does the CN in the number mean? The number my wife got was 2018OC000021xx

Based on the 2017 it looks like they are processing around #800 now and its 6 months in, so on that basis they will only get to around 1600 for the year, I assume 2018 will be much the same meaning it was false excitement with any number over 1800 unless the policy changes.

I believe CN is just case number! Are you looking at the visa bulletin for those numbers?

I believe CN is just case number! Are you looking at the visa bulletin for those numbers?

I can't post a link, the info I was reading was from here, I guess some people get disqualified so it might be slightly higher for the case number but I doubt its all that much higher
britsimonsays.com / historical-visa-bulletin-numbers

I can't post a link, the info I was reading was from here, I guess some people get disqualified so it might be slightly higher for the case number but I doubt its all that much higher
britsimonsays.com / historical-visa-bulletin-numbers

You managed to confuse yourself a bit. This year ALL case numbers for OC are current (enough visas available, so able to be interviewed). However, I am seeing some crazy high OC numbers so there is likely going to be too many applicants. But look - it's day 1 of an 18 month long process - so wait until we have more info.

In the same boat as a couple of others on here. Super high OC case number - OC00024**. They seem to have gone much higher than usual??

Really glad to have been finally selected however concerned about the high case number.

In the same boat as a couple of others on here. Super high OC case number - OC00024**. They seem to have gone much higher than usual??

Really glad to have been finally selected however concerned about the high case number.

Yep - worryingly high for OC.

Because it is daytime in OC region right now - we are hearing from a lot of OCers (and not a lot of AF or EU cases because they are sleeping)- and 24XX seems to be the high point. To be honest - that is not a good place to be - but watch this space if we can figure out why this has happened.

Yep - worryingly high for OC.

Because it is daytime in OC region right now - we are hearing from a lot of OCers (and not a lot of AF or EU cases because they are sleeping)- and 24XX seems to be the high point. To be honest - that is not a good place to be - but watch this space if we can figure out why this has happened.

Thanks Britsimon. I'll definitely be watching out for your advice on this topic and appreciate your help and info.

After being part of the DV2012 disaster (selected and then not selected) I would love to have a good experience this time around. 6 years waiting to get the letter again!

Thanks Britsimon. I'll definitely be watching out for your advice on this topic and appreciate your help and info.

After being part of the DV2012 disaster (selected and then not selected) I would love to have a good experience this time around. 6 years waiting to get the letter again!

Yeah - selected twice - nice. 2012, not nice. 2018 - hmmm...

Hi everyone,

Another OC'er here who has been absent since this time last year but visiting the forums every now and again.
I got picked this time around, on my 3rd time entering. Case number 2018OC000018XX.
Fairly high case number again but wondering whether they may have picked more case numbers now that Trump is President? A lot of people, especially from the OC region may not want to live in the USA with him as president...Not sure, but just a thought

You're one
Congrats everyone!
Second year applying and chosen again for the second year in a row.
My interview for DV2017 is scheduled for June 7th and my # this time around is in 10xx (OC Region).
You're one lucky guy!
Go play lotto!
Double congrats!!!!!

Luck is playing with you !!!
I hope you'll make it to the states this time
Congrats