• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

The confirmation page says

Country/Region of Origin (Nationality):

In your case this is Hungary (your passport). Nationality is not place of birth.
My country of origin and birth is Romania and I would have entered Romania as country of origin had I had a valid passport(I have an expired one), I only entered Hungary coz that's the only valid passport I got. Do you think its not even an issue? I am thinking to email the embassy as well as KCC. Thanks :)

My country of origin and birth is Romania and I would have entered Romania as country of origin had I had a valid passport(I have an expired one), I only entered Hungary coz that's the only valid passport I got. Do you think its not even an issue? I am thinking to email the embassy as well as KCC. Thanks :)

Don't bother with the embassy. Until KCC sends them your file, which only happens after you are scheduled for interview, they will have no idea who you are or how to note your case.

As long as you answered "Romania" to the question

Do you hold or have you held any nationality other than the one you have indicated above?

I can't see a problem here.
The Foreign State of Chargeability will be listed on the NL2 as "Romania", your place of birth, not the country of your passport.

Do you hold or have you held any nationality other than the one you have indicated above?

The Foreign State of Chargeability will be listed on the NL2 as "Romania", your place of birth, not the country of your passport.

Yes I entered Romania to that question and entered my expired passport number. What is NL2? thanks!

Another quick question regarding work experience. I have been a service manager at a Bmw dealership for 2 years and one month. I'm not able to find specifically service manager at onetline.org but most other manager occupations are within the required zone and rating. What do you think?

Follow the guidance for KSA police certificates under ".reciprocity by country" links on the pages for selectees. If they say you can't get it, you're ok with that.
While you are on those pages you will see all the information about what each applicant needs. Your son will need a medical for example.
You need to make sure you have read all these pages properly to ensure you have what you need for everyone.

Thank you so much for your reply, but i could not access my way around the reciprocity by country; it talks all about fees and noon-immigrant visas, do you have a direct link to select countries about police reports? thanks again

Not an issue in this case but some people have never held nationality of the country they were born in.

Thank you so much for your reply, but i could not access my way around the reciprocity by country; it talks all about fees and noon-immigrant visas, do you have a direct link to select countries about police reports? thanks again

Choose the country from the list of drop downs then look properly at the list of options on the left hand side for police certificates, birth certificates etc etc. click on what you're looking for.

Choose the country from the list of drop downs then look properly at the list of options on the left hand side for police certificates, birth certificates etc etc. click on what you're looking for.
Thank you so much, you have been of great help.

Going thru the website I found this pertaining Saudi Arabia :"
Exceptions: Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom."

This is me, am from a third country and I NO LONGER reside in Saudi Arabia, what do I do for this part for the dv processing and interview? Thanks

Thank you so much, you have been of great help.

Going thru the website I found this pertaining Saudi Arabia :"
Exceptions: Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom."

This is me, am from a third country and I NO LONGER reside in Saudi Arabia, what do I do for this part for the dv processing and interview? Thanks

You can print out the exception and bring it to the interview.

The embassy will consult this same page for guidance anyway and so not require you to preset a Saudi police certificate, but yes you can print the page and bring it for extra backup.

Hi All,

I am a selectee from Malaysia with relatively low CN.
DV 2018 is my 2nd try. Just got lucky this round.

Any selectees from Malaysia? Or perhaps any active Malaysian GC holder from US DV ? Do PM me. Looking forward to know more about it.
I have few questions
1) which certificates to show based on our Malaysian education?
2) where to translate and certify the documents?
3) do we need to show our financial doc?
4) any hindrance if we own a property in Malaysia?
5) do we need to prove anything about the US address in DS-260?
6) must we have relatives in US to pass this?

Another quick question regarding work experience. I have been a service manager at a Bmw dealership for 2 years and one month. I'm not able to find specifically service manager at onetline.org but most other manager occupations are within the required zone and rating. What do you think?

Do you not meet the educational qualification requirement? Why are you trying to qualify through work experience?

Do you not meet the educational qualification requirement? Why are you trying to qualify through work experience?
I thought that was my only option since I haven't been to university/high school.
I have completed 9 year elementary school and 3 years "secondary school"(gymnasium in Swedish) I didn't think this was sufficient.

Last edited:
I thought that was my only option since I haven't been to university/high school.
I have completed 9 year elementary school and 3 years "secondary school"(gymnasium in Swedish) I didn't think this was sufficient.

And upon the completion of your Gymnasium (upper secondary school/high school), you got issued with this document: Avgangsbetyg fran Gymnasieskola or Högskoleförberedande Examen, right? If yes, that's your High school diploma equivalent which means you meet the educational requirements.

And upon the completion of your Gymnasium (upper secondary school/high school), you got issued with this document: Avgangsbetyg fran Gymnasieskola or Högskoleförberedande Examen, right? If yes, that's your High school diploma equivalent which means you meet the educational requirements.
Oh wow, how could I miss that.. You're completely right. I was so sure that the requirement was university or equivalent since the work requirement were quite tough.
And high school = university in sweden so kinda messes with your mind.

Thanks a lot! You might just have saved me

In the US college refers to university, and high school refers to secondary school.