• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

@Luis Vargas
I think you shouldn't compare "your case" with others'. Every single FO has its own time of processing and even every single agent in charge of one case from the same office has a different workload. Said that, please, PATIENCE! And stop stressing out everyone. Please! I did not received my letter either, and I have been waiting for 49 days now since the biometrics. But I am just patiently waiting... Because based on the this year's timeline, there are people that have been waiting for more than 90 days. So... Just patience!

Also, the DV winner is always free to schedule an infopass to check on his/her case.

Hi!
Thank you very much for this forum. I went over the spreadsheet which answered almost all of my questions and it's clear about the steps of the process of AOS. However, I have one question: I already filed my DS-260 a while ago and received a response. Currently I'm in the process of gathering all the forms and docs for AOS package. And according to the spreadsheet the first thing to do before sending AOS package is to pay the $330 DV administrative fee, and wait to the receipt to come back. What really confuses me is that in the KCC response to me it says that "if USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust your status, you must pay a non-refundable fee of $330...". Do I need to do anything before sending the check with $330 or that really is the very first thing to do?

Hi!
Thank you very much for this forum. I went over the spreadsheet which answered almost all of my questions and it's clear about the steps of the process of AOS. However, I have one question: I already filed my DS-260 a while ago and received a response. Currently I'm in the process of gathering all the forms and docs for AOS package. And according to the spreadsheet the first thing to do before sending AOS package is to pay the $330 DV administrative fee, and wait to the receipt to come back. What really confuses me is that in the KCC response to me it says that "if USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust your status, you must pay a non-refundable fee of $330...". Do I need to do anything before sending the check with $330 or that really is the very first thing to do?

The AOS process spreadsheet has accurately listed a step by step guidance of what needs to be done when - the $330 DV administrative fee is supposed to be paid prior to mailing in the AOS package. When you send in your AOS package, it is assumed you've already confirmed your eligibility to process AOS.

You were supposed to have confirmed your eligibility way back, before deciding to process AOS as a matter of fact. Anyway the bit about KCC saying "if USCIS determines blah blah blah" is trying to say you should first contact USCIS to determine your eligibility. As long as you were inspected when you entered the US (that is you entered legally), you've never violated your admission status by undertaking unauthorized employment, and you're maintaining your legal status, then you're eligible to process AOS - and you don't need to make a special trip to USCIS's office to confirm that.

Hi!

Sending the $330 check is the first step after completing the DS260. Then, once you have the receipt of the payment you have to put it inside your AOS package.

@Luis Vargas
I think you shouldn't compare "your case" with others'. Every single FO has its own time of processing and even every single agent in charge of one case from the same office has a different workload. Said that, please, PATIENCE! And stop stressing out everyone. Please! I did not received my letter either, and I have been waiting for 49 days now since the biometrics. But I am just patiently waiting... Because based on the this year's timeline, there are people that have been waiting for more than 90 days. So... Just patience!

Also, the DV winner is always free to schedule an infopass to check on his/her case.
CountryGirl I will take into account your advise thanks .

Is the A-number the number on one of the EAD card that was produced before ? Do we need to put the A-number on the form I-134 ? And the relation ship to my sponsor is that he is the husband of my cousin sister. What do I write on the Relationship to the Sponsor form ?

I went to USCIS to follow up my case, they said that your file is under investigation and it is in the step of name check. I am wondering what would be suspicious about my name and why it has taken almost three months?

I went to USCIS to follow up my case, they said that your file is under investigation and it is in the step of name check. I am wondering what would be suspicious about my name and why it has taken almost three months?
I hope they will call you for an interview very soon.
Did you come to know if they were familiar with AoS process through Diversity Visa and did they know that cases need to be adjudicated by the end of Sept 30th ?

For the interview, papers that you want to bring that prove enrollment at a US university include the school ID and school acceptance letter? Do you need transcripts? And are unofficial or official transcripts best?

Is the A-number the number on one of the EAD card that was produced before ? Do we need to put the A-number on the form I-134 ? And the relation ship to my sponsor is that he is the husband of my cousin sister. What do I write on the Relationship to the Sponsor form ?

1. Yes the A# is on the EAD card, it may be listed on it as USCIS #.

2. Yes, you need to include it, if you already have one issued to you.

3. Sorry I can't help you with that, you'll have to figure out what to put down for the relationship on your own.

i got a letter from uscis to come and ask for officer at certain date and to bring any evidence to support application. Has anyone had similar experience?

It basically means you're yet to clear your background check. Well since I don't know what your name is, I can't say what could be suspicious about it. They did the initial check, and your name (could be your full name or combination of two of them) came back with what is known as a 'hit'. So that means they have to run additional checks in order to clear your name. You are on AP, lots of patience will be required on your part.

For the interview, papers that you want to bring that prove enrollment at a US university include the school ID and school acceptance letter? Do you need transcripts? And are unofficial or official transcripts best?

A school ID or school acceptance letter do not necessarily prove enrollment. You can however use fee payment receipt for the current semester/quarter, class schedule, transcripts (unofficial is fine). You should also be able to print an enrollment verification letter from your student web portal, I believe; or pay a visit to your Registrar's office to obtain one.

i got a letter from uscis to come and ask for officer at certain date and to bring any evidence to support application. Has anyone had similar experience?

When did you submit your AOS package, and when was your bio? Shed a bit more light on your case.

It basically means you're yet to clear your background check. Well since I don't know what your name is, I can't say what could be suspicious about it. They did the initial check, and your name (could be your full name or combination of two of them) came back with what is known as a 'hit'. So that means they have to run additional checks in order to clear your name. You are on AP, lots of patience will be required on your part.

I'm in a similar situation. I went to InfoPass and learned that my name is still going through the background check, they told me that I have to stay patient. It has been a couple of months from the time I sent my package, so it's a bit hard not to become a bit impatient and worried. I guess, there really isn't anything that I could do except to try to remain patient?

I'm in a similar situation. I went to InfoPass and learned that my name is still going through the background check, they told me that I have to stay patient. It has been a couple of months from the time I sent my package, so it's a bit hard not to become a bit impatient and worried. I guess, there really isn't anything that I could do except to try to remain patient?

Yes I know it's hard not to become impatient and worried, it's all part of the process. However, do you realize if you had gone with CP, you would have been stuck outside of the US until your AP is completed? AP is unpredictable, several people who didn't think they will end up in AP have found themselves in it - the positive aspect of this whole process is that you can continue your life in the US while waiting for the AP to resolve itself. Check by with your FO every three to four weeks.

Hi mom,
It's been over a month since I went to my Infopass appointment, and the officer told me that my name was cleared. But I have not received my IL yet. Should I make an appointment for Infopass again? What should I do? Could this be because my FO has a long waiting list?

Thanks