• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

In the notice we have received it says:

On Friday, September 8, 2017, the US Department of State released a memorandum effective immediately informing that no further authorizations will be made in response to requests for Diversity Visa (DV) cases for the remainder of fiscal year 2017 because the maximum level of numbers which were available for use on a worldwide basis for DV applicants during fiscal year 2017 had been reached.
Are you selectee? Who sent this letter to you? DOS has locked visa issuance in the mid of July.

I am a 2017 DV lottery selectee from AS region, SF FO has sent us a notification of interview cancellation with the above text as the reason.

Last edited:
This is not really logical. It seems USCIS is messing up something. DOS has locked 2017 DV visa issuance on July 15th.

Yes, clearly someone's calculations went awry, even though your last sentence makes no sense. However, you also need to understand that the September cases still needing visa allocations - the remaining AOS, AP and rescheduled ones for just the last two weeks of the FY- really are just a statistical error term in terms of the big picture. I'm sorry this has happened and especially so for those made to wait well beyond when they were ready, but this is always a potential issue with DV. Just that this year, it actually happened.

No it`s NOT. We need evidence! Is it so hard to upload an evidence? And why mazamaza has disappeared?

Are people obliged to be glued to the forum every second? Judging by his/her FO s/he is probably sitting in commute traffic right now.

Do you realize at this point everyone except the people you spoke to is saying the same thing? But yeah you'll get your interview letter next week and then you can tell us what happens after your interview.

No it`s NOT. We need evidence! Is it so hard to upload an evidence? And why mazamaza has disappeared?

I'm sorry to say, but you're basically living in denial at the moment. It's unfortunate you're one of those impacted by this turn of event. But I think the sooner you face the reality of what has happened, the sonner you can move forward and start looking at what your plan B should be.

Oh man. Very sad end to DV2017. This one is going to change the way people approach the infopasses in July and August. Future AoS cases cannot allow the FOs to push the processing into September - and they will (sadly) be able to describe numerous unfair cases from DV2017.

Oh man. Very sad end to DV2017. This one is going to change the way people approach the infopasses in July and August. Future AoS cases cannot allow the FOs to push the processing into September - and they will (sadly) be able to describe numerous unfair cases from DV2017.
Seriously. As a previous AOSer, I really understand the emotions of the ones that were waiting eagerly for their moment of interview and getting green. I know it is hard. I hope everyone here can get green based on other means. So hard to digest it. I understand.

I`ve just talked to DOS. They confirmed that all the stories about running out the visas are rumors.
You have the director of NBC personally looking after your case, the whole floor of Chicago FO working on it, confirmation from DOS that everything's fine. Looks like your AOS is heading towards a happy ending! Why spend time and effort convincing misguided strangers on some random internet forum?

You have the director of NBC personally looking after your case, the whole floor of Chicago FO working on it, confirmation from DOS that everything's fine. Looks like your AOS is heading towards a happy ending! Why spend time and effort convincing misguided strangers on some random internet forum?

Quite.

This must be like one of those Russian-orchestrated election misinformation campaigns, that we have people from various FOs all over the country and consulates all over the world coming here and onto britsimon's blog falsely claiming that they have been told there are no more DV visa slots left for them. It's clearly coordinated as none of this was taking place last week and suddenly it's all happening this week. I wonder what the purpose of such a campaign might be, especially as it apparently just takes one person to demonstrate that it's all false. Without proof of course, just his say-so, but hey.

Edit: not only well coordinated but planned well in advance, as one of the posters who informed about this has been posting since they filed in March. Quite the conspiracy.

Last edited:
That`s too much. We lost all those people claiming that the visas are exhausted. Any of them could upload a file instead of claiming such frustrating information. I`m not talking that the information on no visa is false but I really want some type of evidence. Additionally I do not really much worried about no visa issue as I have other alternative way to get GC.
Thank you.

That`s too much. We lost all those people claiming that the visas are exhausted. Any of them could upload a file instead of claiming such frustrating information. I`m not talking that the information on no visa is false but I really want some type of evidence. Additionally I do not really much worried about no visa issue as I have other alternative way to get GC.
Thank you.

Yes,they probably have more important things to do, like trying to figure out how to stay in the US legally or alternative options, than argue with you.

Why don't you upload a file? Most of them were told the information, same as you. If they can upload a file, so can you. You chose not to believe the copy of the letter that one person got sent. Selective much? Why should that person waste time trying to convince just you?

Why would someone come on here in March, post updates to their case every so often, and then lie that they were told visas are exhausted?

I'm glad to hear you have other options. I hope you are putting them into action. You can maybe understand why people who don't, like Vanessa who is now out of status, are too busy sorting out their lives to come back and argue with you