• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

My husbands passport expired and because we have asylum case he cant renew it. Is it gonna make a problem for us?

Thank you for your helpful forum again. I didn't have any idea about the process before finding this place.
I have couple of questions.
1- I herad that having a sponser makes the process longer than proving financial ability. Is it correct?
2- I read in a blog that the reason of late 2NL letter is background check process. Do they do the background check in this stage or same as CP process it's after the interview. Generally, please let me know if it's a background check process and when it will be. I prefer background check happens now instead of after interview when there is time presure based on CN.

Thank you for your helpful forum again. I didn't have any idea about the process before finding this place.
I have couple of questions.
1- I herad that having a sponser makes the process longer than proving financial ability. Is it correct?
2- I read in a blog that the reason of late 2NL letter is background check process. Do they do the background check in this stage or same as CP process it's after the interview. Generally, please let me know if it's a background check process and when it will be. I prefer background check happens now instead of after interview when there is time presure based on CN.

1. What you heard is ridiculously wrong.

2. The background check has nothing to do with the 2NL receipt. For AOS, the background check cannot be initiated until after the biometrics has been done - which will be after the AOS package gets sent.

Be careful of what blogs you're reading and which people(?) you're listening to. The things you said you've heard or read from some other blogs sound rather confusing and misleading to me.

1. What you heard is ridiculously wrong.

2. The background check has nothing to do with the 2NL receipt. For AOS, the background check cannot be initiated until after the biometrics has been done - which will be after the AOS package gets sent.

Be careful of what blogs you're reading and which people(?) you're listening to. The things you said you've heard or read from some other blogs sound rather confusing and misleading to me.

I've read this pos. I think that I misunderstood second paragraph. anyway thank you for your answer.

Last edited:
I've read this pos. I think that I misunderstood second paragraph. anyway thank you for your answer.

Most of the write ups on Simon's blog specifically deals with the CP related issues - now and then he responds to someone who may be processing AOS. So you need to be able to make a distinction between what's applicable to the process you're going through and all the different blogs and forums available to help DV applicants.

Hello Mom,

I am a DV2017 selectee and my number will be current in the first bulletin. I still did not submit the DS260 form online bcoz of my attorney. Is there a deadline / recommended time window to submit DS260 for someone with a very low number? ThANKS!

Hello Mom,

I am a DV2017 selectee and my number will be current in the first bulletin. I still did not submit the DS260 form online bcoz of my attorney. Is there a deadline / recommended time window to submit DS260 for someone with a very low number? ThANKS!

Technically speaking, there's no deadline.

When do you guys think my number will go live? 4xx
10xz_screen_shot_2016-07-09_at_4.16.36_pm.png

Hey guys, quick question. I applied to DV-2017 when I was on F1 status in the U.S. last October. I was selected but I moved today to London given the expiration of my F1 visa. I completed the DS-260 in early June with my U.S. address and phone number from back then. I wanted to ask whether I should reach out to KCC now to update that information. There are two caveats, though: (1) I will be in my current London address for 30 days only, so I do not want to change anything on the DS-260 to this temporary address, and (2) my low case number makes it likely that I will be current in October... I know KCC processes DS-260s in the order they were received, and I do not want the address update to throw me to the end of the line. Thoughts? Thanks a lot guys!

Hey guys, quick question. I applied to DV-2017 when I was on F1 status in the U.S. last October. I was selected but I moved today to London given the expiration of my F1 visa. I completed the DS-260 in early June with my U.S. address and phone number from back then. I wanted to ask whether I should reach out to KCC now to update that information. There are two caveats, though: (1) I will be in my current London address for 30 days only, so I do not want to change anything on the DS-260 to this temporary address, and (2) my low case number makes it likely that I will be current in October... I know KCC processes DS-260s in the order they were received, and I do not want the address update to throw me to the end of the line. Thoughts? Thanks a lot guys!

Which of the options did you select in DS260? 1- Send your application to USCISC (AOS process) or 2- choose one of the U.S consulate ?
if you selected AOS, since you are not in US anymore, you should unlock your DS 260 and select one of the consulates.

I selected consular processing in the first place. I knew I was coming to London; I just used my U.S. address/phone on the form because that's all I had and KCC advised to do so saying I would later unlock the DS-260 (but the interview place is already selected as London)

I selected consular processing in the first place. I knew I was coming to London; I just used my U.S. address/phone on the form because that's all I had and KCC advised to do so saying I would later unlock the DS-260 (but the interview place is already selected as London)

You need to unlock and give a London address.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I am currently under F1 visa and work as a graduate assistant. I included "student" as my primary occupation in DS-260. Do I need to mention about the graduate assistantship under "other occupations"?