• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I found in timelines that most of the applicants received the 2NL letter after sending the Chicago Lockbox. On the other hand, one of the documents which is needed to send Chicago Lockbox is 2NL letter. It confused me.

I found in timelines that most of the applicants received the 2NL letter after sending the Chicago Lockbox. On the other hand, one of the documents which is needed to send Chicago Lockbox is 2NL letter. It confused me.

"Most"??? Or you mean some? Anyway yes we do have cases of people sending in their AOS package prior to the 2NL receipt. That's because they did not submit the DS form early enough for them to receive their 2NL before their CN became current. Anyone in such a situation will have the opportunity of handing in the 2NL when they go for their interview.

Hi , i am here in the united states and one of the dv selectees. I dont know what should I do for bankstatement? Should I need to have money here in my u.s bank or I can show them my bankstatement in my origin contry? We are 4 persons ,howmuch do we need to have if we need? What about credit? Can we show our credit instead?

Hi , i am here in the united states and one of the dv selectees. I dont know what should I do for bankstatement? Should I need to have money here in my u.s bank or I can show them my bankstatement in my origin contry? We are 4 persons ,howmuch do we need to have if we need? What about credit? Can we show our credit instead?

You cannot use a credit card to overcome public charge, that's not your own money. What's your current status by the way?

Im asylee from egypt waiting for interview

You'll need to be able to show some substantial savings here in the US in order to overcome the public charge concerns. I don't think much, if any, consideration will be given to your bank account from home. If you have no substantial savings and an ongoing income to present in support of your petition, you should find someone to fill out an affidavit of support (form I-134) for you.

Another question for you: where you still in status when you applied for asylum?

You'll need to be able to show some substantial savings here in the US in order to overcome the public charge concerns. I don't think much, if any, consideration will be given to your bank account from home. If you have no substantial savings and an ongoing income to present in support of your petition, you should find someone to fill out an affidavit of support (form I-134) for you.

Another question for you: where you still in status when you applied for asylum?
Yes more than 2 years past but we are still waiting. I have nobody to support me so how much do we need to have in our bank accoun since we are asylee?

Yes more than 2 years past but we are still waiting. I have nobody to support me so how much do we need to have in our bank accoun since we are asylee?

The question isn't how long you've been in asylum pending status. The question is: where you still in a valid status when the asylum petition was submitted or where you already out of a valid status when the petition was submitted?

For a family of four, if you can show an annual income of about $31,000, you may be okay. No exceptions will be made to your being an asylee if the concern about being a public charge is raised and you have no means of overcoming that.

The question isn't how long you've been in asylum pending status. The question is: where you still in a valid status when the asylum petition was submitted or where you already out of a valid status when the petition was submitted?

For a family of four, if you can show an annual income of about $31,000, you may be okay. No exceptions will be made to your being an asylee if the concern about being a public charge is raised and you have no means of overcoming that.
No i am eligible because we had six months visa but after 3 months of it we applied for asylum. We are not working now even we have work permit and we are using our savings from our country.

No i am eligible because we had six months visa but after 3 months of it we applied for asylum. We are not working now even we have work permit and we are using our savings from our country.

Okay, we've established the fact that you hadn't gone out of status prior to applying for asylum. So you are eligible to process AOS.

But the fact that you're not working and do not have US savings may be a problem. You should seriously look into getting an affidavit of support.

This is kind of speculation on my side, but: from a public charge perspective the interviewing officer might be interested in why you are not working even though you are legally able to do so. If you are to show that you can support yourself, a job is first prize.

Another potential problem you may be facing is that asylum petitions of folks from Egypt are certainly not a slam dunk in the US, including those from Coptic Christians. If your asylum applications, already pending for more than two years, should be declined before you can file DV 2017 AoS, you would have no legal basis to do so at that time. Some related information that you already may be aware of, also considering that the situation in Egypt has improved since 2012, at least as perceived by USCIS : http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-i-apply-us-asylum-if-i-am-from-egypt.html

This is kind of speculation on my side, but: from a public charge perspective the interviewing officer might be interested in why you are not working even though you are legally able to do so. If you are to show that you can support yourself, a job is first prize.
Because I am fulltime student

Because I am fulltime student

Ok so you're a full time student, with a family, drawing down your savings that are in a currency that is on a sharp devaluation trend against the USD. Like mom says, you probably need an affidavit of support. From what you've said, I'm not a uscis officer of course, but sounds to me like you'd have a problem overcoming public charge concerns.

Ok so you're a full time student, with a family, drawing down your savings that are in a currency that is on a sharp devaluation trend against the USD. Like mom says, you probably need an affidavit of support. From what you've said, I'm not a uscis officer of course, but sounds to me like you'd have a problem overcoming public charge concerns.
Who can be a sponcer ?

I filled out my DS 260 form and i am currently waiting for my second letter. When I contacted KCC they said that I have to send a $330 check or m/o to DOS. Also they said that, since I filed for an AOS, I would not be recieveing a 2NL is that true ? In case it is not, Do i wait for the 2NL to arrive before i send the money? Or do I send it right now ? My case number is AS 57××.

I filled out my DS 260 form and i am currently waiting for my second letter. When I contacted KCC they said that I have to send a $330 check or m/o to DOS. Also they said that, since I filed for an AOS, I would not be recieveing a 2NL is that true ? In case it is not, Do i wait for the 2NL to arrive before i send the money? Or do I send it right now ? My case number is AS 57××.

You will receive a 2NL, the exception is that it will be different from the type of 2NL sent to those processing CP in that it will not contain interview related information.

It's your call as to when to make the payment. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet for further guidance on AOS process. The link to the spreadsheet can be found on the first post on page one of this Thread.