• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hello Sm1smom,

Thank you for all supportive replies and help.

I have two questions regarding my CN and the time expectation when it is current.

My CN is 2017AF000379xx and I have got the 2NL from KCC and paid the 330 fees. Since April 2017 the VB was current at 34,900 and even for July 2017 it is still current at this number for AF region and I believe I can’t apply for AOS before my CN is current. I am just a little worried about my CN when it should be current since only one month (August) is left for the FY 2017.

1. Do you have any expectation when my CN will be current?

I have EAD is to be expired soon and I would like to renew it.

2. Can this affect any AOS processing in future?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Sm1smom,

Thank you for all supportive replies and help.

I have two questions regarding my CN and the time expectation when it is current.

My CN is 2017AF000379xx and I have got the 2NL from KCC and paid the 330 fees. Since April 2017 the VB was current at 34,900 and even for July 2017 it is still current at this number for AF region and I believe I can’t apply for AOS before my CN is current. I am just a little worried about my CN when it should be current since only one month (August) is left for the FY 2017.

1. Do you have any expectation when my CN will be current?

I have EAD is to be expired soon and I would like to renew it.

2. Can this affect any AOS processing in future?

Thank you in advance.

You're misreading something. Unless you're in Egypt where the cut off is 28290 (not 34900), all of the rest of Africa is current as of July (and other than Ethiopia has been since May too).

And the FY ends in September, not August.

Hi SusieQQQ,
Thank you for your reply. But I did not get you. In my case, do you mean I can apply for AOS right now?
my CN is 2017 AF 000379xx.
Thank you.

Hi SusieQQQ,
Thank you again for your help:), and just last clarification if you don't mind, please.
I am from Libya (Africa_ region) and my CN is 2017AF000379xx. Does this mean my CN is current right now and I can apply for AOS?
Please advise,

Hi SusieQQQ,
Thank you again for your help:), and just last clarification if you don't mind, please.
I am from Libya (Africa_ region) and my CN is 2017AF000379xx. Does this mean my CN is current right now and I can apply for AOS?
Please advise,

Yes you can send in your AOS package now.

Hi!

I have finished interview today. It turns out to be very simple, just repeating all the questions on I-485, getting my school letter (confirming my continuous enrollment) and look at my original documents (SSN, Driver's license, Student ID).

What puzzles me is that they said they still haven't requested a visa yet. The officer (a nice lady) said they can't request a visa until they do the interview, because the person can have criminal issue / missing information. She said she will request a visa today (I think she said from KCC?) after she finishes all the interviews. If everything goes right, she'll send me the green card. She also said it is possible that requesting the visa is unsuccessful. In that case she will request electronic information from KCC, then she can request the visa successfully???

She said if she needs any additional information, she will contact me through mail.

She explicitly said they are not familiar with DV lottery cases, this worries me a little bit (especially since what she said doesn't make total sense to me)

I was so nervous at that time and I should have asked for more clarification on the things that she mentioned. Does what she say make sense to anyone?

Thanks in advance!

I just called the KCC and they said the FO still hasn't requested my file. Is that normal? Isn't it supposed to be requested before the interview?

My biggest worry now is that they don't know it's time sensitive (since they have little experience with DV lottery) - take long time to process it and visa availability runs out while they are on it...

Hi!

I have finished interview today. It turns out to be very simple, just repeating all the questions on I-485, getting my school letter (confirming my continuous enrollment) and look at my original documents (SSN, Driver's license, Student ID).

What puzzles me is that they said they still haven't requested a visa yet. The officer (a nice lady) said they can't request a visa until they do the interview, because the person can have criminal issue / missing information. She said she will request a visa today (I think she said from KCC?) after she finishes all the interviews. If everything goes right, she'll send me the green card. She also said it is possible that requesting the visa is unsuccessful. In that case she will request electronic information from KCC, then she can request the visa successfully???

She said if she needs any additional information, she will contact me through mail.

She explicitly said they are not familiar with DV lottery cases, this worries me a little bit (especially since what she said doesn't make total sense to me)

I was so nervous at that time and I should have asked for more clarification on the things that she mentioned. Does what she say make sense to anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, what is your CN and what region?
Thank you for sharing your experience! And congrats!

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Yes they do not and cannot request for a visa until after the decision has been made to approve the case.

If the background check clearance is still pending or the KCC file is pending, an decision to approve or deny cannot be made which in turn impacts the visa request.

The two questions you should have asked at the end of your interview are:

Is my background check complete?
Has my KCC file been requested? If yes, has it been received.

Other than that, every thing she said makes sense, with the exception of requesting the visa from KCC. The visa is requested electronically and it's done in a matter of seconds (if the system is up and running) when the decision has been made to approve the petition.

I just called the KCC and they said the FO still hasn't requested my file. Is that normal? Isn't it supposed to be requested before the interview?

My biggest worry now is that they don't know it's time sensitive (since they have little experience with DV lottery) - take long time to process it and visa availability runs out while they are on it...

Yes they know it is time sensitive. If they didn't, you most definitely wouldn't have had an interview by now. Your FO has none DV based AOS petitions pending and awaiting an interview slot before your petition was received, and they put yours ahead of those because they know your case is time sensitive.

Is there any way I can confirm that DV lottery cases are different from other AOS packages?
Our field office says all the cases will be treated the same way and we should wait for at least 4 months to get an interview appointment!
They said they can expedite our case if we have an acceptable reason ( other than deadline problem!)

Is there any way I can confirm that DV lottery cases are different from other AOS packages?
Our field office says all the cases will be treated the same way and we should wait for at least 4 months to get an interview appointment!
They said they can expedite our case if we have an acceptable reason ( other than deadline problem!)

Stop stressing - I already told you before the information they gave you at the INFOPASS isn't correct. Your FO, UTAH, is aware DV cases are time sensitive. I asked you to check the Timelines spreadsheets to get a better idea of your FO's processing time, it doesn't seem to me like you did. I also asked if you were chargeable to Iran, you never answered.

I was not notified about the biometrics letter or notified after I did the biometrics.

Did you sign up online for status notifications? You will not receive any other notification outside of the one you received when your package was accepted if you haven't signed up online. This step was called out as part of what should be done on the AOS process spreadsheet

You will be notified if you signed up online for status notifications

Thanks mom. I just got the notification by e-mail and a text message yesterday night around 12.30 am. And the check has been cashed today. Didn't get the notification letter by mail though. I will sign up with the receipt number on the e-mail I got. Thank You.