• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

That's the number listed as your USCIS# on your EAD card.
Great Info here! Thanks mom!
I currently have EAD card so the uscis#is my ARN, that's for sure.
My wife, used to be F1 (currently she is H1) OPT and with EAD card as well.
So for the question in DS260"Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?
trg_bk.GIF
"
Does she have to put the uscis# on her EAD card here? (Although she is H1 now and not using that EAD anymore)

Great Info here! Thanks mom!
I currently have EAD card so the uscis#is my ARN, that's for sure.
My wife, used to be F1 (currently she is H1) OPT and with EAD card as well.
So for the question in DS260"Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?
trg_bk.GIF
"
Does she have to put the uscis# on her EAD card here? (Although she is H1 now and not using that EAD anymore)

Yes

Hi all,
I was reading the DV2017 timeline and found out in the comments part that some cases note "no interview". And received the GC.
I thought interview is needed, or am I wrong? Or just those are rare cases, majority of applicants still have interview?
Anyone have experience?

Thanks for answering! Thank you!

Stop stressing over nothing -standard procedure. RELAX!

Thanks @Sm1smom and @Britsimon .
After several times contact to USPS, my package tracking updated to delivered on April 19th, although it was updated to delivered on April 15th!
Maybe it was human error the status was updated after several days!
Anyway I received the mail/text on May 4th and the check cashed in the same day! Now I'm waiting for NOA.
I just wanted to update my case and thank you both.

Thanks @Sm1smom and @Britsimon .
After several times contact to USPS, my package tracking updated to delivered on April 19th, although it was updated to delivered on April 15th!
Maybe it was human error the status was updated after several days!
Anyway I received the mail/text on May 4th and the check cashed in the same day! Now I'm waiting for NOA.
I just wanted to update my case and thank you both.

Thanks for the update. But like I told you before, you were stressing needlessly over nothing. The several contacts with USPS was completely unnecessary.

Yeah, you shouldn't have been issued with a new A#. But they tend to be lazy and simply issue a new one rather than go through their records to confirm the previous number. It's nothing for you to worry about, the new A# will be listed on your GC when it gets issued.

For the record, the exact same thing happened to me.

Hi all,
I have a question about process time for I-485
USCIS has a process time for each FO:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do
And for Los Angeles FO:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcaGPymz-98g8-yECOVv

My question is does I485 (DV based) follow the same timeline as this? Not sure about what kind of I-485 type is this, since there are a lot of different type such as EB-2, EB-3...

USCIS online tracker is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions - which is why we have the DV based Timelines on the spreadsheets you've already come across.

USCIS online tracker is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions - which is why we have the DV based Timelines on the spreadsheets you've already come across.
Thank you MOM! I have browsed thru the timeline each year and found out normally the timeline takes from couple weeks to couple months. Average probably 2~4 months.
Thanks again!

Ohh, btw, if mom you are available. Please fix the timeline weblink in DV2016 to:

goo.gl/zeyteC

It is really painful to type it all... Thank you !

I do have a life outside of the DV forum. You already mentioned (on the 2018 Thread) the links for DV 2015 and 2016 Timelines were not working, and I already said I will fix them.

It's been almost 6 months since we applied for AOS. Did the background check in December. We went for an Infopass in February, they said the background check cleared, and they will put our case in the interview Que , and will hear back from them in 30--45 days. That did not happen. Went for the 2nd Infopass in April, an another officer said that they received my file and we should hear back from them. I asked if they requested my file from KCC andshe said "yes". I called KCC after I left the Field Office, and they said that my file was not requested. Went back to the Field Office to talk to that officer again, and she said that she never handled DV lottery cases, that there is a person who knows more, but was not in the office that day. She was supposed to give me a call back the following to clarify. That did not happen either. Not sure if I should schedule another Infopass or I'm just wasting my time. My field office is Charleston, SC. Should I just keep waiting? I have no other option anyway.

It's been almost 6 months since we applied for AOS. Did the background check in December. We went for an Infopass in February, they said the background check cleared, and they will put our case in the interview Que , and will hear back from them in 30--45 days. That did not happen. Went for the 2nd Infopass in April, an another officer said that they received my file and we should hear back from them. I asked if they requested my file from KCC andshe said "yes". I called KCC after I left the Field Office, and they said that my file was not requested. Went back to the Field Office to talk to that officer again, and she said that she never handled DV lottery cases, that there is a person who knows more, but was not in the office that day. She was supposed to give me a call back the following to clarify. That did not happen either. Not sure if I should schedule another Infopass or I'm just wasting my time. My field office is Charleston, SC. Should I just keep waiting? I have no other option anyway.
Just curious. What is your CN? and when did you submit DS260, the date of 2NL? And when is biometric date?