• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Exactly what Susie said ^^^

You now have the opportunity to rectify the 'mistake' you previously made. Continuing to not disclose those other names used going forward (now that you're aware) could be construed as an attempt at hiding pertinent fact.

Thanks, @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom. Now, generally speaking, how are such mismatches between two officially submitted forms important given the fact that the intention is to correct a previous mistake? I am wondering if the AP time may get tediously lengthy because of that! :eek:

Thanks, @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom. Now, generally speaking, how are such mismatches between two officially submitted forms important given the fact that the intention is to correct a previous mistake? I am wondering if the AP time may get tediously lengthy because of that! :eek:

I honestly think that's irrelevant. AFAIK, the important thing is to always tell the truth regardless of the immediate outcome. The fear of a prolonged AP is no reason to not take the necessary steps to correct an erroneous information.

I honestly think that's irrelevant. AFAIK, the important thing is to always tell the truth regardless of the immediate outcome. The fear of a prolonged AP is no reason to not take the necessary steps to correct an erroneous information.

This.
Plus, likely more extensive background checks for an immigrant visa could well reveal it anyway. Is AP more inconvenient than a denial?

Hi friends,
one more question please:
is it legal and works travel to Mexico for couple days for extend I-94?

Hi friends,
one more question please:
is it legal and works travel to Mexico for couple days for extend I-94?

You question is kind of too vague, you've not given any background information or say how it ties to a DV based AOS petition. Anyways, you might want to speak with a competent immigration attorney for better guidance.

I wrote before, we won DV2017 and we are in US, but we need extend our I-94.
It may be two ways: fill out I-539 or travel to abroad.

Hi!!
I'm already preparing all the documents to put inside the package. Now, I have some questions: :oops:

1. I could get from my country my birth certificate in a multilingual version; a summary of my birth certificate is attached at the end of my original certificate in 6 different languages (English included). Is it enough to sent it as it is? Or do I need to translate the whole info of my birth certificate? I mean, make a complete translation of the document.

2. I know I have to get the medical exam before sending the package because I have to put the results inside, but what about the fingerprints?? Will I receive the appointment to do the bio before my case become current?

3. If my case become current for example in November, meaning that I will send the papers by November 1st, about when will be my interview scheduled??

Thank youuu!!! :)

I wrote before, we won DV2017 and we are in US, but we need extend our I-94.
It may be two ways: fill out I-539 or travel to abroad.

Yes, maybe you wrote before. But since the question you're asking isn't currently beneath whatever it was you wrote before, it would make sense to provide some additional information. You honestly shouldn't expect us to remember the details of your particular case since everyone's case is unique in one way or the other.

So I still main, your question is vague and I don't have the time to start digging into your past posts in order to connect the dots.

Hi!!
I'm already preparing all the documents to put inside the package. Now, I have some questions: :oops:

1. I could get from my country my birth certificate in a multilingual version; a summary of my birth certificate is attached at the end of my original certificate in 6 different languages (English included). Is it enough to sent it as it is? Or do I need to translate the whole info of my birth certificate? I mean, make a complete translation of the document.

2. I know I have to get the medical exam before sending the package because I have to put the results inside, but what about the fingerprints?? Will I receive the appointment to do the bio before my case become current?

3. If my case become current for example in November, meaning that I will send the papers by November 1st, about when will be my interview scheduled??

Thank youuu!!! :)

1. Better safe than sorry - get a certified translation.

2 and 3. These questions give me the impression you've not gone over the AOS spreadsheet, or if you already did, you haven't quite paid the needed attention to it. So I suggest you spend some time on that spreadsheet.

My question is: is it legal and works travel to Mexico for couple days for extend I-94?

I defer to mom's response but just want to ask/confirm, so what you basically plan to do is come back in on a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent... I didn't go back and look for your case number, and you've limited your profile viewing which makes it hard for people to check your old posts, but if you're not current in time then what, you do it again? You think CBP is silly? Even if you only do it once they may very well say, hmmm, so you been here (I am assuming because I can't find your old posts) close to maximum duration of stay, then in Mexico for 2 days or a week or whatever, coming in again, what are your intentions, etc? If you are on b1/b2 they are not bound to let you enter for 6 months either if they do let you back in, it may be for shorter if they are suspicious.

I do know someone who went to Mexico to "clean up" an I94 but they were in the US on a dual intent visa and they were already under advice of an immigration lawyer in the process. So entirely different situation. And still got questioned by CBP coming back in.

Short version: get a lawyer.

Last edited:
Yes, maybe you wrote before. But since the question you're asking isn't currently beneath whatever it was you wrote before, it would make sense to provide some additional information. You honestly shouldn't expect us to remember the details of your particular case since everyone's case is unique in one way or the other.

So I still main, your question is vague and I don't have the time to start digging into your past posts in order to connect the dots.

Sorry for your time, I've asked my question shortly because I've received all answers for most of my question before, and did not want to spend you time for same questions again.
Thx for all who helped me.

So, we are won DV2017...14xxx, our I-94 will expire at begin of October, and we made decision do AOS (we have reasons)
and.. my short, but very important question: is it legal and works travel to Mexico for couple days for extend I-94?

I'm asking because some people told me that travel to Mexico or Canada will not extend I-94.
I will very appreciate for answers.

Oh right, you're the one who won't take the advice to do CP for unspecified reasons. It's hard to help people who won't give details. Mom's direction to an appropriate immigration lawyer is the best advice in this situation which is tricky, has many potential pitfalls and apparently other complications we are not aware of.

Oh right, you're the one who won't take the advice to do CP for unspecified reasons. It's hard to help people who won't give details. Mom's direction to an appropriate immigration lawyer is the best advice in this situation which is tricky, has many potential pitfalls and apparently other complications we are not aware of.

We are here on B1/B2, thx for your answer/
I'm asking this way because I have a lot of circumstances, and in my case CP is too harder then AOS.
My question regardless CP vs AOS.

My question short and clear: is it legal and works travel to Mexico for extend I-94?
Thx.

Sorry for your time, I've asked my question shortly because I've received all answers for most of my question before, and did not want to spend you time for same questions again.
Thx for all who helped me.

So, we are won DV2017...14xxx, our I-94 will expire at begin of October, and we made decision do AOS (we have reasons)
and.. my short, but very important question: is it legal and works travel to Mexico for couple days for extend I-94?

I'm asking because some people told me that travel to Mexico or Canada will not extend I-94.
I will very appreciate for answers.

Your question may be short and very important but the truth is you really shouldn't expect anyone to give you an accurate response without you providing the needed background information surrounding your case. As a matter of fact, no immigration lawyer will give you any worthwhile advice based on the skeletal information you're providing.

Anyway, with the complicated nature of your case, you really need to go hire a competent immigration attorney who is also knowledgeable regarding the DV process IMO. I don't provide guidance on none straight forward DV based AOS cases on this Thread, but of course, anyone else is equally free to guide you if they're up to the task though.

We are here on B1/B2, thx for your answer/
I'm asking this way because I have a lot of circumstances, and in my case CP is too harder then AOS.
My question regardless CP vs AOS.

My question short and clear: is it legal and works travel to Mexico for extend I-94?
Thx.

I responded to the Mexico question already, did you miss it or did you just not like what I said?

Anyway: If you have a "lot of circumstances" you need a lawyer.

Your question may be short and very important but the truth is you really shouldn't expect anyone to give you an accurate response without you providing the needed background information surrounding your case. As a matter of fact, no immigration lawyer will give you any worthwhile advice based on the skeletal information you're providing.

Anyway, with the complicated nature of your case, you really need to go hire a competent immigration attorney who is also knowledgeable regarding the DV process IMO. I don't provide guidance on none straight forward DV based AOS cases on this Thread, but of course, anyone else is equally free to guide you if they're up to the task though.

Thx, I have not any more questions about my case, my case is clear for me and it is only way by AOS.

I responded to the Mexico question already, did you miss it or did you just not like what I said?

Anyway: If you have a "lot of circumstances" you need a lawyer.

Thx, I really missed it.

my circumstances out of scope this question.

thx for all for advice for find lawyer, really it is so hard for find it out ))

Sorry for your time, my friends, I guessed my short question would have only answers: "Yes, it is really works, some people did it" or "Not, it does not works, couse Mexico does not suit for it"
Have a nice day! ;):):D

my circumstances out of scope this question.

If you have a clear understanding of immigration issues, you'll realize what you consider to be a 'short' question isn't necessarily out of the scope of your circumstances. Immigration issues are never looked at in a silo. Anyway, no point flogging a dead horse. Good luck with your case.

If you have a clear understanding of immigration issues, you'll realize what you consider to be a 'short' question isn't necessarily out of the scope of your circumstances. Immigration issues are never looked at in a silo. Anyway, no point flogging a dead horse. Good luck with your case.
thx again!