• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paths to us citizenship

-immediate family members (spouse /parents /siblings
-rich investor
-skilled in a particular field

If you don't qualify for any of those then just forget about it.

I was just talking with a Ph.D holder who has a Canadian citizenship but her dream is to get American citizenship. This is life you will never get satisfied until you die!
Honestly, I would already be happy if I could live and work in Vancouver. Close enough to the USA and who knows, maybe I find someone special in Seattle. It's only 150 miles.

You get more points by being young and educated, than older, educated, with work experience.
Well, if I am Young and I have a good degree, but without experience? what is the point? they really need very experienced and professional people

Germany did not until a few years ago (and might still not today) allow dual citizenship per se.
However, they relaxed the rules whereby if you can demonstrate that you 'need' the foreign citizenship and still maintain strong ties to Germany, they will grant you an exemption. It's not difficult to build a case and then I just had to pay a fee and received an official document stating that if and when I take up the foreign citizenship, I will maintain the German citizenship. I would have never given up my EU passport, as that would equal burning bridges.

Yeah German passport is one of the most valuable passports in the world, you can travel to any developed country without needing a visa.

Compare your passport to mine, i can't even go to Australia without a visa

Okay guys, I get the fact a lot of people are frustrated by the present state of the DV2016 results or none-result. We understand your pain and frustration, which is why Simon was working tirelessly most of last night to try and figure out things on his own, regardless of the fact that some are responding to his efforts with rudeness and sarcasm while not contributing a single useful post in the forum.

I would therefore like to caution everyone to be respectful of others with their posts, or we may be forced o start locking up Threads and banning people from posting. No more name calling or abusive posts please!

Honestly, I would already be happy if I could live and work in Vancouver. Close enough to the USA and who knows, maybe I find someone special in Seattle. It's only 150 miles.

Vancouver is one of the most expensive place in Canada, with lots of rain :)

Okay guys, I get the fact a lot of people are frustrated by the present state of the DV2016 results or none-result. We understand your pain and frustration, which is why Simon was working tirelessly most of last night to try and figure out things on his own, regardless of the fact that some are responding to his efforts with rudeness and sarcasm while not contributing a single useful post in the forum.

I would therefore like to caution everyone to be respectful of others with their posts, or we may be forced o start locking up Threads and banning people from posting. No more name calling or abusive posts please!
YES, rude people need to be banned, thanks

Paths to us citizenship

-immediate family members (spouse /parents /siblings
-rich investor
-skilled in a particular field

If you don't qualify for any of those then just forget about it.
Don't worry, You can still keep hope alive for DV 15, There might be a chance that your CN could go current by the last VB. All the best.

Yeah German passport is one of the most valuable passports in the world, you can travel to any developed country without needing a visa.

Compare your passport to mine, i can't even go to Australia without a visa

Guess what...a few years ago, when we wanted to stop over in India for a few days on route to Europe, we had to apply for visas and it took a lot of effort and personal visits to their visa office and it cost a fortune, I think it was almost $100 per person (for the visas!!) ... just for the right to stay in Mumbai for 5 days !
Don't make the mistake of comparing your situation with those you PERCEIVE as being in a better situation. It is in your power to achieve what you want in life. ;)

@3amakmahmoud, what do you think now? we have to wait or accept it and go on?, I think I am not going to be selected, because I got the not selected message every time I key in to check

Status
Not open for further replies.