• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

How is everyone doing? I've been engulfed in the buzy life here in the U.S. that I hardly have time to come on here but I still have you guys at heart- SuzzieQ, Brit simon, som1smom. Once again I say thanks for your contributions. Those of you here in Massachusetts, please let's keep in touch. Inbox me your contacts. We have a lot to share. Best of luck to all DV selectees and would-be selectees..

Hi all

Today is a very happy day for me and my family. We had an interview at the US Embassy in Skopje and our visas were approved. The interview was very simple with only three questions for me (principal applicant).
I want to thank you all for your help.
I learned a lot from this forum.
God Bless you and your family.

Regards,
Alban

Finally all our visas were issued today, checked on CEAC and status was ISSUED. Glory be to God. Thanks to the moderator's in this forum, from your guidance I was able to get my wife and son visas and had applied as SINGLE. Thanks also to everyone who contributes to this forums because it means a lot.

Hi all

Today is a very happy day for me and my family. We had an interview at the US Embassy in Skopje and our visas were approved. The interview was very simple with only three questions for me (principal applicant).
I want to thank you all for your help.
I learned a lot from this forum.
God Bless you and your family.

Regards,
Alban

Congratulations to both of you!

Hi Simon,
I just have a new babyless than a month ago. I would like to know
1. how to proceed to add the child to my case.
2. Should I absolutely have the child passeport before adding him? Since I need six weeks to get his birth certificate and then later apply for his passeport. I guess waiting for almost two months before adding him may delay the treatment of my case if the KCC reaches my CN.
Thanks in advance,

Looking forward

Hi Simon,
I just have a new babyless than a month ago. I would like to know
1. how to proceed to add the child to my case.
2. Should I absolutely have the child passeport before adding him? Since I need six weeks to get his birth certificate and then later apply for his passeport. I guess waiting for almost two months before adding him may delay the treatment of my case if the KCC reaches my CN.
Thanks in advance,

Looking forward

1. Contact KCC and request for them to unlock your DS-260 form. Once they unlock the form, you'll need to update it and list the child under your own form. Then you'll need to fill out a separate form for the child too before resubmitting to KCC.

2. Don't wait for the child's passport, you can use your own passport number for the child now, that information can be updated when you eventually get the child's passport.

Hopefully to get an answer from whoever may provide the right information, not only Britsimon.
hi coco26, I was sailing in the same boat. am a dv 2016 and already issued with visa together with my wife and now my five old month baby.
you need to immediately add your new born to your case even without a passport while you wait to process his passport. Fill DS-260 form for him, under that section requesting his passport number, choose "other travelling documents". You will later change when you have the passport number.
I did that for my son and now he has his visa.

hi coco26, I was sailing in the same boat. am a dv 2016 and already issued with visa together with my wife and now my five old month baby.
you need to immediately add your new born to your case even without a passport while you wait to process his passport. Fill DS-260 form for him, under that section requesting his passport number, choose "other travelling documents". You will later change when you have the passport number.
I did that for my son and now he has his visa.

Good answer.

1. Is mumps diseases lead to disqualifying from getting visa?
  2. do all authorized medical center will take a test of mumps via laboratory ?? or they will take the lists only like TB , Gonorrhea...
Thank you

Thanks a bunch captain23 and britsimon. I have already requested to unlock my Ds260 and will proceed with his form as soon as the KCC replies. Thanks again for your help.

Not sure this is in any way specific to the US Consulate in Nairobi or DV cases per se, yet here is some information on colored 221(g) slips:

Blue Slip: A 221g Blue slip is being provided when additional documentation is required. After submitting the required documents, a decision will be taken by the Consulate.

Pink Slip: A 221g Pink slip is handed out when your application needs further administrative processing. The consulate will notify you once the processing will be completed.

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slip denotes general types of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate.

White Slip: A 221g White slip suggests a requirement for further processing by USCIS. The Consulate may push back these cases to USCIS and a decision will subsequently taken if and when respective information has been obtained from them.

Refusal under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act indicates that your visa case process can be on hold for various reasons, such as administrative processing, requirement of additional documents, medical tests, insufficient validity of passport, etc. Issue of 221g does not necessarily mean that the visa is/will be rejected, but it means that the CO couldn’t take a decision based on existing documentation and requires additional information for further review and decision taking.

what about green one, In Ethiopia , the CO gives green for some one and yellow for others but they said congratulation your Visa is approved after the interview so have these colors have meanings??