• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Guys I have a big problem..
I booked the flight tickets 2 weeks ago to travel on 9th of June and my interview will be 20th December.my medical was yesterday 3rd of December
I thought the visa validity will be 6 months from interview I.e until 20th June.but I knew now that it is six months from medical I.e June 3rd before my flight by 6 days..is my information right or am I wrong.what can I do?
Btw I am from Cairo Egypt

As Mom and Susie explained you really should not have done that. BUT don't change the tickets now, because you might have to change them again (and you will pay for each change). Wait until the interview, and until you have the visa in your hand.

What is Immigrant Visa Case Number in the following link ?
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I did not get any number in an interview

I received passports
I contacted Aramex customer service to ask about my passports
He asked me about SMS number, I told him I have not receive the SMS
He asked for my passport number and found that passports ready for more than three days

We'll travel in March, Can I pay 165 dollars now OR wait until before travel?

Last edited:
I received passports
I contacted Aramex customer service to ask about my passports
He asked me about SMS number, I told him I have not receive the SMS
He asked for my passport number and found that passports ready for more than three days

We'll travel in March, Can I pay 165 dollars now OR wait until before travel?

Congratulations. It really makes no difference to the GC production whether you make the payment now or just before you travel. Paying it now may give you some personal peace of mind, however the production of the GC will not start until after you actually enter the US. So, it's your call.

Guys I have a big problem..
I booked the flight tickets 2 weeks ago to travel on 9th of June and my interview will be 20th December.my medical was yesterday 3rd of December
I thought the visa validity will be 6 months from interview I.e until 20th June.but I knew now that it is six months from medical I.e June 3rd before my flight by 6 days..is my information right or am I wrong.what can I do?
Btw I am from Cairo Egypt

Try to contact and ask at the embassy.
I got my visa last week and it is valid exactly 5 months 29 days from the medical.

Hello dears!

If you can help me on this?

I am married and I have two children. We live together with my wife since 2007.
In 2009 we had the first child while in 2013 we have the second child.
Both children have registered once they are born where the two have taken my surname since my partner this time carrying maiden name because we were a couple and were not yet legally married.
During this period we have lived together where we had two children as I explained above.
On the July 7, 2014 we legalize our relationship and from that moment we were officially married that with this date we are equipped with marriage certificate. Our legal marriage was before about applying for DV 2016.
Do you think that we should provide any proof of our relationship at the interview during this period (from 2007 to 2014) because we are officially married 3-4 months prior to application.
For your information we are selected for the dv lottery, fiscal year 2016. My case number is 2016EU00022xxx.

Best Regards,
Alban

Hello dears!

If you can help me on this?

I am married and I have two children. We live together with my wife since 2007.
In 2009 we had the first child while in 2013 we have the second child.
Both children have registered once they are born where the two have taken my surname since my partner this time carrying maiden name because we were a couple and were not yet legally married.
During this period we have lived together where we had two children as I explained above.
On the July 7, 2014 we legalize our relationship and from that moment we were officially married that with this date we are equipped with marriage certificate. Our legal marriage was before about applying for DV 2016.
Do you think that we should provide any proof of our relationship at the interview during this period (from 2007 to 2014) because we are officially married 3-4 months prior to application.
For your information we are selected for the dv lottery, fiscal year 2016. My case number is 2016EU00022xxx.

Best Regards,
Alban

Your relationship prior to your formal marriage isn't going to be scrutinized since you guys were already married before the eDV registration. You will not be asked to provide proof of an existing relationship during those years you're worried about. All you need is your marriage certificate.

Your relationship prior to your formal marriage isn't going to be scrutinized since you guys were already married before the eDV registration. You will not be asked to provide proof of an existing relationship during those years you're worried about. All you need is your marriage certificate.

Thanks for your information. I want to be maximally prepared.

Hello dears
I have also a concern, my name i let’s say Lorens Smith in all my documents my names are as above entered edv with these names and Ds260 too had the correct names but my question is in my high school diploma my names reversed it is Smith Lorens, what can i do about it though there is my passport picture printed on it and date of birth is correct? I qualify under education as high school diploma. My interview will be in Johannesburg.

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the documents I'll need to submit when applying for my green card when I arrive in the states. My passport and the DV packet should be mailed to the DHL location I'd chosen in two weeks. My concern is as follows: during the DV interview the consular officer retained my original birth certificate and its translation saying that the document will be sent to some authorities (I don't remember the exact name) and that they'll need the original for further processing. I looked through the list of the documents required for the issuance of a GC and a copy of the birth certificate is among them. Do I have to have my birth certificate re-issued or a simple copy will suffice? The problem is that I was born in a country other than my current country of residence and in order to have my certificate re-issued I'll need to get somebody to apply for it and that is another headache: obtaining power of attorney from the embassy again, dealing with DHL, etc.

Thanking you all in advance.

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I can't find the receipt they gave me when I paid the DV fee at the embassy. I think I'd lost it leaving the consulate all excited about the approval of my visa. I happened to see that this receipt is also required for the GC issuance application. Is that really so? What if I can't find it? Will that be a problem?
I appreciate your time and patience. Thank you.

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the documents I'll need to submit when applying for my green card when I arrive in the states. My passport and the DV packet should be mailed to the DHL location I'd chosen in two weeks. My concern is as follows: during the DV interview the consular officer retained my original birth certificate and its translation saying that the document will be sent to some authorities (I don't remember the exact name) and that they'll need the original for further processing. I looked through the list of the documents required for the issuance of a GC and a copy of the birth certificate is among them. Do I have to have my birth certificate re-issued or a simple copy will suffice? The problem is that I was born in a country other than my current country of residence and in order to have my certificate re-issued I'll need to get somebody to apply for it and that is another headache: obtaining power of attorney from the embassy again, dealing with DHL, etc.

Thanking you all in advance.

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I can't find the receipt they gave me when I paid the DV fee at the embassy. I think I'd lost it leaving the consulate all excited about the approval of my visa. I happened to see that this receipt is also required for the GC issuance application. Is that really so? What if I can't find it? Will that be a problem?
I appreciate your time and patience. Thank you.

Not sure where you are getting all the above info about what you "need" for GC "application" - all you need is to enter with your immigrant visa and hand over your brown envelope. The officer will take fingerprints and signature and that's it. When your passport is stamped for entry you become an LPR and the wheels are set in motion to print your green card. You don't need to show any of the above documents again (copies of most or all will be in the brown envelope anyway).

It is however odd that the CO took your original birth certificate, I'm assuming it will be returned to you when you get your passport and visa but if not, you should get another original of this as you may need it at some future stage.

Not sure where you are getting all the above info about what you "need" for GC "application" - all you need is to your immigrant visa and hand over your brown envelope. The officer will take fingerprints and signature and that's it. When your passport is stamped for entry you become an LPR and the wheels are set in motion to print your green card. You don't need to show any of the above documents again (copies of most or all will be in the brown envelope anyway).

It is however odd that the CO took your original birth certificate, I'm assuming it will be returned to you when you get your passport and visa but if not, you should get another original of this as you may need it at some future stage.

Thanks for your reply Susie,

I got the info on the uscis official site. But looks like it concerns only those winners who already live in the US. The process is different for those who apply for a DV outside the USA. Thanks for the input. That was helpful.

Regarding the original birth certificate I was also quite surprised when she didn't want to give it back to me. Hopefully, I'll get it back with the visa packet as you suggest. And if not, yes, I'll have to start the whole process again. Last time it cost me some time, money and stress as I had to request it from the country I don't live in any more.

Thank you.

Hello Experts,

Firstly,big ups for your endless support.

I am in a tricky situation which I think you can help me out.
>My host happens to be not a close relative(just a cousin to my uncle's spouse.)

>So it appears,she will be expecting her mom too.Therefore, she's just claimed it would be difficult for her to fill an AoS for two coz she's already doing one for her mom.

>My worry is 'what should I do?"coz my case seems to be almost similar to that of a friend who recently got issued with a yellow letter & got advised to produce evidence of chats/SMS/photos of him and his host.

I appreciate your advice.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Experts,

Firstly,big ups for your endless support.

I am in a tricky situation which I think you can help me out.
>My host happens to be not a close relative(just a cousin to my uncle's spouse.)

>So it appears,she will be expecting her mom too.Therefore, she's just claimed it would be difficult for her to fill an AoS for two coz she's already doing one for her mom.

>My worry is 'what should I do?"coz my case seems to be almost similar to that of a friend who recently got issued with a yellow letter & got advised to produce evidence of chats/SMS/photos of him and his host.

I appreciate your advice.

Thank you in advance.

I think your concern is not so much the relationship but the fact that this person is unwilling or unable to sponsor you because she is sponsoring her mother as well (she has to declare how many people she is supporting and sponsoring on the AoS). I would strongly advise you find a new person to prepare an AoS for you.

Thank you SusieQQQ,for your prompt answer.

Oops,unfortunately I got no other person who could play that role(host)

She however,says that her limited financial capacity to file for two is what is holding her back.(she fears that it could raise concerns)

The host also proceeded to say that it would be brilliant if I produce something like a title deed and show a statement of account to the COs when my interview comes.

Would the thought of purchasing a plot of land to show as evidence of owned property work out?

Please help.
Thanks once again.

I apologise to the entire dv forum for any inconvenience for having posted a similar question(the question before the one above,in multiples.)it was due to my phone saying "not sent".

Thank you SusieQQQ,for your prompt answer.

Oops,unfortunately I got no other person who could play that role(host)

She however,says that her limited financial capacity to file for two is what is holding her back.(she fears that it could raise concerns)

The host also proceeded to say that it would be brilliant if I produce something like a title deed and show a statement of account to the COs when my interview comes.

Would the thought of purchasing a plot of land to show as evidence of owned property work out?

Please help.
Thanks once again.

I don't understand the property title deed unless it is in the US. It's better to have the money to take to the US surely than have it sitting in a potentially illiquid asset back home?

Oh,so i think yours is a great idea then.
Though my account doesn't satisfy the required $10k,but i am now considering seeking support from relatives.

How about having the host write for me some kind of a letter/ declaration of invitation?would that suffice?

Greetings Moderators
I am current for February interview and I have one question about a laminated grade 10 national Ethiopian certificate which will need authentication. I have heard some one printed out a new certificate from the ministry of education because the authentication Can't be stamped on a laminated certificate. So at the time of interview he has been put on AP for that new certificate. I am afraid I will get the same fate. Any input on this matter Sir

Hello to all experts, my younger brother has violated the nambian immigration by presenting himself as originated from Angola because there was war in Angola and tried to find refuge easily, but his father is originated of Mozambique nd his mother from Angola but his birth certificate shows he is originated from Mozambique and has no documentation from angola eventhough his mom is from Angola.
Now in edv entry he entered as Mozambican as from place of birth and country of origin, but the point is his name was misspelled while applying for the refugee protection in Namibia due to phonetic pronunciation, he lived with that documents for sometimes.
Question 1.can he unlock Ds260 and add it in his Ds260 where says have you evr used other names....
2. Can he also add wher it says othe nationality used? If yes how to pove because has no documentation to prove it
3,will he be refused dv visa for that situation? HE IS A DERIVATIVE

Congratulation for all the 2016 winners!!!

I won with AS 82xx (Asia ,Sri Lanaka eight thousand two hundred range)
Is it a low enough number??

February visa bulletin 4500.numbers going very slow.please advice about my chances.thanks.