• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

please help is true that once you are possessing a Muslim name will disqualify you as a DVlottery winner I have heard a rumor that America hit Muslims because of their wAr with Iraq pls help I am confuse.

please help is true that once you are possessing a Muslim name will disqualify you as a DVlottery winner I have heard a rumor that America hit Muslims because of their wAr with Iraq pls help I am confuse.

That is absolutely not true. An islamic name may subject one to being put on AP (a prolonged background check) because of similarity of names, America however DOES NOT hate Muslims because of their war with Iraq or for any other reason.

OK - a couple of explanations. There are not 8200 cases in front of you - there are gaps (holes) in the numbering. However, each case number represents the winner and the family members of that winner - so on average there are around 1.7 family members per case for Asia.

Not everyone will apply (i.e. fill in the DS260), and not every case interviewed will be approved.

So - chances for your case - well it is somewhat risky. Last year they cut off at 7650 with (most likely) a similar distribution of cases. The quota for AS will be around 8000 to 8500 visas this year - but it is possible they don't hit that number (last DV was an example of that).

Bottomline is you cannot be 100% certain you will get current, but you still have some chance, so you cannot give up either. All you can do is wait, and see what happens. The final VB for 2016 will be published in July - and that is when you will know for sure.
Is final bulletin in july?or september?cant we predict that before july?

The July VB will have the cut-off numbers for Sept, hence the reference to it as the final VB. The Sept VB will have nothing to do with DV 2016, the cut off numbers listed on it will be for DV 2017.

As Mom explained, that is the timing. July is when the final DV2016 numbers will be revealed.

As for can we predict it. Yes and no - once we have the CEAC data, we can predict, and we can be pretty accurate mathematically (getting closer as the year continues) - but that doesn't account for what people do, and what KCC will do. For example, for DV2015, I was mathematically correct with my predictions in the last few months of the program (meaning there were enough visas within the known quota) that AF would exceed 55000, and that AS would reach at least 10000. In the end, however, KCC chose not to hit the quotas. So - the predictions cannot be 100% accurate.

type your post on this space captain.........hi,
on my initial eDv I applied as single,(case no 2016AF00011***) later on July 22, did a customary marriage and now have a marriage cert. later on August 19th filled ds 260 for both me and my wife whom by then was expectant. Now my wife derived, called Kcc to check on the status of my case, they told me my forms have been processed and they are to schedule my interview on February but have not yet set the dates and time, assured me that I will receive my 2nl before 30th of DEC. Now am worried since:
1.I think its impossible to unlock my forms to include my son.
2.2nl won't have my son's appointment letter to book for medical.
3.How does medical for newborn go about?.

please can someone help me the way forward

As Mom explained, that is the timing. July is when the final DV2016 numbers will be revealed.

As for can we predict it. Yes and no - once we have the CEAC data, we can predict, and we can be pretty accurate mathematically (getting closer as the year continues) - but that doesn't account for what people do, and what KCC will do. For example, for DV2015, I was mathematically correct with my predictions in the last few months of the program (meaning there were enough visas within the known quota) that AF would exceed 55000, and that AS would reach at least 10000. In the end, however, KCC chose not to hit the quotas. So - the predictions cannot be 100% accurate.
What happen to month of August?no VB for August.whatz that nepal care number actually reflects.in February VB for AS cn's 4500 and NAEPAL 3700.is that means only max nepal cn is 3700 among 4500 asia cases?

type your post on this space captain.........hi,
on my initial eDv I applied as single,(case no 2016AF00011***) later on July 22, did a customary marriage and now have a marriage cert. later on August 19th filled ds 260 for both me and my wife whom by then was expectant. Now my wife derived, called Kcc to check on the status of my case, they told me my forms have been processed and they are to schedule my interview on February but have not yet set the dates and time, assured me that I will receive my 2nl before 30th of DEC. Now am worried since:
1.I think its impossible to unlock my forms to include my son.
2.2nl won't have my son's appointment letter to book for medical.
3.How does medical for newborn go about?.

please can someone help me the way forward

You will need to contact the embassy where you're interview is scheduled to take place after after you receive your 2NL and inform them about adding your new baby to your selection. They will guide you on how to add the baby and book the baby for the medical.

What happen to month of August?no VB for August.whatz that nepal care number actually reflects.in February VB for AS cn's 4500 and NAEPAL 3700.is that means only max nepal cn is 3700 among 4500 asia cases?

There will be an Aug VB - it will basically confirm the Sept numbers previously shown on the July VB, in addition to having new numbers for Oct. The 3700 number for Nepal simply means selectees chargeable to Nepal with CNs below 3700 are considered current from Oct (the first month of the FY) till February. And for the rest of Asia, those with CNs below 4500 become current in February. It does not mean Nepal is eligible for 3700 visas of the 4500 available to the rest of Asia. Anyway, I suggest you go over the link below for a good understanding of how to read the VB:

http://britsimonsays.com/read-visa-bulletin/

Are the festive seasons kind of delaying Kcc sending 2NL for February interviews or what? since I called them and I have been scheduled for February 11th interview but was told to check/wait for 2NL by 1st week of January.

Hello all
Just picked my medical today. They gave me a copy of form DS3025 which included vaccinations, along with the brown envelope but when I looked at it, everything was fine except a blank in the field for Hepatitis B although it's marked in VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS COMPLETED. I am little cofused. Will this cause problem in the interview or in th POE ?

What happened to the 2nl for February interview, or is it just like this when It is December?? In addition I would be thankful if you (the supermodeators) can tell me when to expect the 2nl for cn 2016af00015***?

What happened to the 2nl for February interview, or is it just like this when It is December?? In addition I would be thankful if you (the supermodeators) can tell me when to expect the 2nl for cn 2016af00015***?

The 2nls normally come out about this time. With Christmas they will either come today, or it will be next week. Either way, makes no difference, nothing is wrong.

Your 2NL depends on when you submitted since you are already current.

The 2nls normally come out about this time. With Christmas they will either come today, or it will be next week. Either way, makes no difference, nothing is wrong.

Your 2NL depends on when you submitted since you are already current.
I have submitted my form June 28 2015, so I guess I have not delayed the submition of ds260 ,Wright??

does my newborn need passport for his visa to be processed, he is three weeks old, if yes, how are the passport photos taken because he is always asleep. interview is on February.
please can the expert say something.