• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

does my newborn need passport for his visa to be processed, he is three weeks old, if yes, how are the passport photos taken because he is always asleep. interview is on February.
please can the expert say something.

You have to get a birth cert and a passport for the child. To take the passport photos, lie the child on the floor on a white blanket. Try and attract the childs attention, but don't worry too much if the eyes are shut - just do the best you can.

does my newborn need passport for his visa to be processed, he is three weeks old, if yes, how are the passport photos taken because he is always asleep. interview is on February.
please can the expert say something.

Yes he needs his own passport. The child can't possibly be asleep 24 hours every day, so try to take the passport photo when he's not asleep. Lay him on his back on a white sheet to get the picture taken.

You have to get a birth cert and a passport for the child. To take the passport photos, lie the child on the floor on a white blanket. Try and attract the childs attention, but don't worry too much if the eyes are shut - just do the best you can.
much of appreciation from you experts, now its a race to nyayo house for the passport!

Thank you Sm1smom.

What about the long answer?

I was really hoping to not have to do this :rolleyes: oh well:

Anxiety/depression are not listed as some of the medical conditions that could lead to being found inadmissible (being found inadmissible = visa denial unless one is able to file a waiver - filing a waiver is another long story I would rather not get into, often inapplicable to the DV process).

However the CO may still find a person with an unlisted medical condition inadmissible if it seems to the CO the petitioner isn't financially capable of treating their medical condition on their own and is likely to become a public charge as a result of that medical condition.

I was really hoping to not have to do this :rolleyes: oh well:

Anxiety/depression are not listed as some of the medical conditions that could lead to being found inadmissible (being found inadmissible = visa denial unless one is able to file a waiver - filing a waiver is another long story I would rather not get into, often inapplicable to the DV process).

However the CO may still find a person with an unlisted medical condition inadmissible if it seems to the CO the petitioner isn't financially capable of treating their medical condition on their own and is likely to become a public charge as a result of that medical condition.

I was wondering if some dv selectees have been denied their visas due to this condition - assuming they have a sponsor and are able to work like anybody else. Do you think I'll need to bring some kind of medical report for the medical examination?

I understand it's a tricky question. thanks for your help sm1smom. I really appreciate.

Last edited:
I was wondering if some dv selectees have been denied their visas due to this condition - assuming they have a sponsor and are able to work like anybody else. Do you think I'll need to bring some kind of medical report for the medical examination?

I understand it's a tricky question. thanks for your help sm1smom. I really appreciate.

And this is precisely why I gave the 'short answer' initially. I figured giving the long winded explanation to someone who already has anxiety as a medical condition will likely lead to more anxious moments and questions.

You may take additional reports/medical records to your medical exam if it makes you feel better, I however do not think it's necessary.

Have you read the FAQs about the medical exam?

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...cess/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html

It seems to me that if you have been treated for clinical depression you'd need to bring an explanation of what you were treated with and how long for.

There is also information here: (the medical for DV is identical to that for any immigrant):
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination-faqs.html#medical

Last edited:
hi,

does anxiety/depression cause a medical denial?

I know a DV2015 winner who said she had her depression brought up at her medical because she was on anti-depressant medication for it at the time. She did mention they checked up on it with her regular doctor - mainly to make sure she was not a harm to herself or others. Nonetheless, she still got her visa approved with absolutely no issues. :)

hi experts,
how do I book medical appointment? is it online or do I have to go there personally to do so?. Also is it possible for my son to get medical appointment yet his passport is not yet ready In the immigration office, have just presented the forms in the immigration office in kisumu today and was told to wait for two weeks

hi experts,
how do I book medical appointment? is it online or do I have to go there personally to do so?. Also is it possible for my son to get medical appointment yet his passport is not yet ready In the immigration office, have just presented the forms in the immigration office in kisumu today and was told to wait for two weeks

People usually book the medical by phoning the panel physician.

hi experts,

You'd need to check with the panel doctor about the second question. We had to present our passports at the medicals, I'm not sure if all doctors work that way.

I mailed Nairobi embassy concerning addition of my newborn, they instructed me to fill Ds260 for him since they have added him to my system.
Now his passport is not yet ready, can I fill the form and not include passport number and later when it will be ready add, or submit it at the time of interview?

I mailed Nairobi embassy concerning addition of my newborn, they instructed me to fill Ds260 for him since they have added him to my system.
Now his passport is not yet ready, can I fill the form and not include passport number and later when it will be ready add, or submit it at the time of interview?

Just go ahead, fill and submit the form without the passport number. You can always update that part when you go for the interview.

tried to fill the form, can't be able to access the next page before you complete that page, it seems like its impossible to fill out the form UNLESS I get the passport.