• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Finally, after DV2014 disaster luck is on my side. Just checked the status and i've been selected DV2016eu00018xxx.
@Britsimon i know we are all still under impressions of this saga but i need from you "thumbs up" that my number is good one.

Btw congratz to all selected and better luck next year to those who didn't make it.

Rough guess I would say with 99.9% certainty that your number is good. The only reason for the 0.1% hesitation is that we don't know what has caused the 84K

Can anybody give any information on what the interview process involves or link if such has been disscussed in another thread.. tyia

I have a bunch of questions. :)
First one is: my first daughter was born in US (3yrs ago, when we were there on F1 + H-1B) and she has her own US passport (lucky girl!); I added her on the DV2016 application as requested, but from now on, I don't have to do any paper, medical visit, payed fees... for her, right?
Second one is: do I have to rush to fill our DS-260 (besides the fact that we have to understand if we can switch from EU to AOS, and when - see the DV2016 AOS thread), or if I do it in a week more calmly nothing is going to change about the date of the interview considering our EU181xx (if we go EU, of course)?
Third one and last for now is: when could I expect to have the interview with EU 181xx? (eh eh eh :) )

Thank you in advance, Gio

Don't rush the DS260 - no need.

In the meantime - read this http://britsimonsays.com/dv-lottery-guide/

I have a bunch of questions. :)
First one is: my first daughter was born in US (3yrs ago, when we were there on F1 + H-1B) and she has her own US passport (lucky girl!); I added her on the DV2016 application as requested, but from now on, I don't have to do any paper, medical visit, payed fees... for her, right?
Second one is: do I have to rush to fill our DS-260 (besides the fact that we have to understand if we can switch from EU to AOS, and when - see the DV2016 AOS thread), or if I do it in a week more calmly nothing is going to change about the date of the interview considering our EU181xx (if we go EU, of course)?
Third one and last for now is: when could I expect to have the interview with EU 181xx? (eh eh eh :) )

Thank you in advance, Gio

First, there is some slight confusion I think. Your EU number will not change even if you do AOS - you just change how you interview.
No, you need do nothing further for your child as regards this.
With the draw being low this year and with your CN, which will probably not interview for a good few months into the fiscal year, I see no great rush to send in your DS260. So agree with the advice to wait till you know if you are doing AoS or not.

Selectees, when do you plan to submit your DS-260s? I know it is way too early but I have been reading the previous year's thread with some people waiting to submit until January and then worrying and rushing to get an interview since the processing was taking around 3 months. Any advice @Britsimon?

Selectees, when do you plan to submit your DS-260s? I know it is way too early but I have been reading the previous year's thread with some people waiting to submit until January and then worrying and rushing to get an interview since the processing was taking around 3 months. Any advice @Britsimon?

You should submit your DS-260 form as soon as possible - as instructed in the Selectee NL

I'm probably gonna start filling it in in the next week or so. But yeah, it depends when it's likely that your CN will go current. If it's not gonna be until later next year, there's probably no rush.

I know there is no rush but I'm just in the beginning process of going through the DS260 form and I have gotten to the 'permanent residence' bit and where to have your Greencard sent. I honestly have no idea what to put for it because right now I don't even know where my POE will even be in I make it through. Is anyone else having this issue or can past applicants let me know what they did?

At this point, I'm looking for anyone I know that might let me send mail to their home but most would require a separate flight to get to. I just don't know how else to go about this!

I'm just in the process in going through the DS260 form and I have gotten to the 'permanent residence' bit and where to have your Greencard sent. I honestly have no idea what to put for it because right now I don't even know where my POE will even be in I make it through. Is anyone else having this issue or can past applicants let me know what they did?

At this point, I'm looking for anyone I know that might let me send mail to their home but most would require a separate flight to get to. I just don't know how else to go about this!

Just use anyone you know in the USA. They can post it to you after that. Doesn't matter which POE you use.

You should submit your DS-260 form as soon as possible - as instructed in the Selectee NL

Thank you. Is it safe to assume that with EU20xx the interview should be scheduled in the first months of the FY considering the early submission of the DS-260?

I'm probably gonna start filling it in in the next week or so. But yeah, it depends when it's likely that your CN will go current. If it's not gonna be until later next year, there's probably no rush.

Thank you, that makes sense.