• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

Thank you for your reply!!! No inputs were wrong into the DV application. The only thing is did not explain why did I put Egypt into the chargeability, which due my wife from Egypt and this meet the requirement? Since I have not explained into the application and it correct (missed the link in question 6), is this will be an issue during the interview? I m sure the CO will why I put Egypt and it is clear since my wife will be with me nothing else like "Sorry since you have not explain it in the form you be disqualify" I do not this it make since to say that. There is no lie/wrong info in the form. Please advice. Thank you to all!!!

Well, it sounds like you did not understand chargeability - but no matter...

Here is a similar discussion...
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-winners-meet-here.11/page-183#post-2402940

Last edited:
Thank you for the link provided!

I have looked at it and found out the situation is different from mine.

All what I need to know is the following:

Since I have miss to explain what I use a different chargeability in the DV form can cause an issue during the interview or just say it during the interview that my wife from Egypt and this is why I have chosen Egypt and I asked from the CO why I did not explained into to the DV application, can I say I over looked it?

Or since Missed to add the explanation I will be disqualify?
What is my chances to get the visa assuming I got the interview based on the above?
Thank you so much for the great info and support!!!!

Thank you for the link provided!

I have looked at it and found out the situation is different from mine.

All what I need to know is the following:

Since I have miss to explain what I use a different chargeability in the DV form can cause an issue during the interview or just say it during the interview that my wife from Egypt and this is why I have chosen Egypt and I asked from the CO why I did not explained into to the DV application, can I say I over looked it?

Or since Missed to add the explanation I will be disqualify?
What is my chances to get the visa assuming I got the interview based on the above?
Thank you so much for the great info and support!!!!

You only have to justify your choice at the interview - so prepare well to present and defend your position. The one thing that bothers me about your elective chargeability is that you are electing a spouse country even though your country is eligible. The examples shown list this example when your own country is ineligible - but I can accept that the FAM interpretation and examples might not be exhaustive. If you are properly prepared, you might be able to win your argument, even if it is dubious.

I agree with, the issue that I did not read it curffly, I know both countries are eligible but this what happened :(
Did u see any case like me in the interview and passed with no issue from the CO? Thanks!

I agree with, the issue that I did not read it curffly, I know both countries are eligible but this what happened :(
Did u see any case like me in the interview and passed with no issue from the CO? Thanks!

Yes some cases have passed with no issue - even with more obvious mistakes than yours. But still, prepare well. There is no right of appeal.

Any tips for preparation, should I say sorry did not see the link in question 6? Or should say by the requirements I can use my wife's nationality? Thanks!

Any tips for preparation, should I say sorry did not see the link in question 6? Or should say by the requirements I can use my wife's nationality? Thanks!

HELL NO - you don't say sorry! You calmly, confidently explain that you CHOSE to charge to your wife's country - and have all the paperwork to process the case on that basis - your education and your wife's education and so on.

:) :) :) :) I will not say sorry!
But missed in the application does not mean that I m disqualified? I did it based on my wife country and that is all?

:) :) :) :) I will not say sorry!
But missed in the application does not mean that I m disqualified? I did it based on my wife country and that is all?
Just to be sure - do both your wife and you qualify for DV on education requirement (US High School equivalent) grounds? In this approach, as pointed out by SusieQQQ in detail earlier, both of you must qualify, not solely the selectee.

Last edited:
Yes, you do receive a confirmation email in addition to the confirmation page if processing AOS.
Hi Mom,

I am confused now. I have been waiting an email confirmation from KCC for more than a month and still have not got the email. I had the confirmation page printed, is the email confirmation same as the confirmation page? Should I wait the email or proceed the next step as recommended in the spreadsheet? Thank you.

Hi Mom,

I am confused now. I have been waiting an email confirmation from KCC for more than a month and still have not got the email. I had the confirmation page printed, is the email confirmation same as the confirmation page? Should I wait the email or proceed the next step as recommended in the spreadsheet? Thank you.

Please let's keep AOS related questions on the AOS Thread, as those questions and their applicable answers can be rather confusing to CP people.

Now regarding AOS 2NL, you asked about it 2 weeks ago:

Mom,

I have another question. My wife and I have filed DS-260 (about 2 weeks ago) and based on your spreadsheet, we should receive an email notification from KCC. Do you know approximately when we should an email from KCC? Thank you Mom.

And this was my response:

Could be anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months.

Just to be sure - do both your wife and you qualify for DV on education requirement (US High School equivalent) grounds? In this approach, as pointed out by SusieQQQ in detail earlier, both of you must qualify, not solely the selectee.

Just to clarify my case. I was born in Ukraine but my parents and I myself are Georgians. I am married to a Georgian girl and none of my parents was born in Ukraine. My father was there for military service and they were not residents. So I qualify for both chargeability cases.

The main concern is that it is stated in 9 FAM 42.12 and 42.33 that the rules of chargeability apply if my native country is ineligible. The question is whether it can be applied even if my native country IS eligible. This I will clearly find out only at the CO when/if I become current (fortunately)

But meanwhile I have read many other forums for ex-USSR countries, and there are many similar cases. None of the guys had problem with that. The guys on forums even said that the rule about same region was enough (at least for ex-USSR)
--------------------------------
9 FAM 42.33 N4.3 Errors in Choice of Country of Chargeability
(CT:VISA-1478; 08-26-2010)
If the entrant chooses the wrong country of chargeability at the time of the initial entry, the error will generally be disqualifying. However, if a DV applicant chooses a country of chargeability during DV registration that is within the same geographic region (one of the six) as the correct country of chargeability, and you determine that the applicant gained no benefit from his or her error, you may continue processing the application.
And this was ok even for the guy who was born in Uzbekistan but participated from Russia.

Anyway, I will do my homework and prepare all supporting documents to prove that my parents were not residents of Ukraine. I have the documents of their work history (Georgia from beginning till the end) and document of my father's military service during the period I was born. And all this in addition to the fact that I am married to a Georgian girl and I was married BEFORE I registered my DV application back in October 2013

As of today, my main concern is to become current :) I hope that there will still be different VB for September (1,500+ CNs)

Just to clarify my case. I was born in Ukraine but my parents and I myself are Georgians. I am married to a Georgian girl and none of my parents was born in Ukraine. My father was there for military service and they were not residents. So I qualify for both chargeability cases.

The main concern is that it is stated in 9 FAM 42.12 and 42.33 that the rules of chargeability apply if my native country is ineligible. The question is whether it can be applied even if my native country IS eligible. This I will clearly find out only at the CO when/if I become current (fortunately)

But meanwhile I have read many other forums for ex-USSR countries, and there are many similar cases. None of the guys had problem with that. The guys on forums even said that the rule about same region was enough (at least for ex-USSR)
9 FAM 42.33 N4.3 Errors in Choice of Country of Chargeability
(CT:VISA-1478; 08-26-2010)
If the entrant chooses the wrong country of chargeability at the time of the initial entry, the error will generally be disqualifying. However, if a DV applicant chooses a country of chargeability during DV registration that is within the same geographic region (one of the six) as the correct country of chargeability, and you determine that the applicant gained no benefit from his or her error, you may continue processing the application.
And this was ok even for the guy who was born in Uzbekistan but participated from Russia.

Anyway, I will do my homework and prepare all supporting documents to prove that my parents were not residents of Ukraine. I have the documents of their work history (Georgia from beginning till the end) and document of my father's military service during the period I was born. And all this in addition to the fact that I am married to a Georgian girl and I was married BEFORE I registered my DV application back in October 2013

As of today, my main concern is to become current :) I hope that there will still be different VB for September (1,500+ CNs)
Hi n.n., I am glad things continue to go well for you in this respect, hopefully you will become Current shortly.
My original question was directed @yousuf123 , as there certainly are some tangible concerns in this respect in his case. He seems to have gone "missing in action", though. Best!

Hello

Given that this year the number of winners for DV-2016 is smaller compared to 2015.
Is this an indication that the number of people invited for interview will be lower respectively visa bulletin will be slower for Europe.
Do you think the trend of visa bulletin for DV-2016 will have similarities with DV-2015?

Regards,
Alban

Hello

Given that this year the number of winners for DV-2016 is smaller compared to 2015.
Is this an indication that the number of people invited for interview will be lower respectively visa bulletin will be slower for Europe.
Do you think the trend of visa bulletin for DV-2016 will have similarities with DV-2015?

Regards,
Alban

The highest case number in EU will be lower - so yes - the VB progress will be slower. Also because there are less overall selctees, and because they sholuld have improved their processes by now, the backlog will be less of an issue. The backlog forced faster earlier increases, with a slow down later. Without that (or less of that), again, there should be a reason to have slower progress. Either way it doesn't matter, fast or slow, EU is in a great position - it seems likely to be current in DV2016.

The highest case number in EU will be lower - so yes - the VB progress will be slower. Also because there are less overall selctees, and because they sholuld have improved their processes by now, the backlog will be less of an issue. The backlog forced faster earlier increases, with a slow down later. Without that (or less of that), again, there should be a reason to have slower progress. Either way it doesn't matter, fast or slow, EU is in a great position - it seems likely to be current in DV2016.

Thanks for your answer. I'm getting a little scared that maybe my number is high! 2016EU00022xxx

Dear BritSimon,

With respect to your reply for post #135----
I'd appreciate if could explain what does "backlog" refer to , with regard to the case number increase along the course of the fiscal year?
Also isnt density, the most significant factor , dictating the trend?
Last but not least... do you think Asia 10k+ CNs could ever have improved chance in the future (with less selectees lik DV 2016) , despite the reality we have be facing in the recent dv programs?

thnx

Dear BritSimon,

With respect to your reply for post #135----
I'd appreciate if could explain what does "backlog" refer to , with regard to the case number increase along the course of the fiscal year?
Also isnt density, the most significant factor , dictating the trend?
Last but not least... do you think Asia 10k+ CNs could ever have improved chance in the future (with less selectees lik DV 2016) , despite the reality we have be facing in the recent dv programs?

thnx

The "backlog" refers to the cases which had not had their DS260 forms processed by the time they went current. The backlog created a false early boost - which caused confusion. To explain:-

Let us imagine hypothetically (in a hypothetical region) that KCC wanted to schedule 500 interviews for October , 2015. THat might have needed 1000 case numbers (i.e. more than the 500 because of density and response rate). DS260 processing times meant that at that time cases submited in June were not processed by August 1 - the defacto cutoff for October interviews. So because they still wanted 500 interviews they would have had to announce a VB starting point of 2000 - double what they should have needed. Then in the next month they would have needed to do the same again - open up more cases in the VB than they normally would have done because of the delays in processing.

At some point those cases that were current on October or November in my example would have had their DS260 completed. So - when that happens (in later months) some of the monthly interview slots will be taken by these "backlog" cases. So now if KCC want 500 interviews and 250 come from backlog cases, they have to reduce the VB increase below what could have been expected because they only need 250 interviews from "new" case numbers.

So - the DS260 backlog caused faster early progress and a slowdown later - which has been a factor even up to the latest VB.

Denssity does of course dictate the trend also - and when regions have a sudden decrease in density (like when Nepal is capped or Iran is exhausted) that would allow faster VB movement than before. THat is factored in to my comments on backlog above.

The question about AS 10k+. THe number is just a number. There is no magic about it - so we need to be careful looking at year to year comparisons. KCC need the cases they need. It isn't about reaching some particular case number target. As a rough guess, Asia sounds over selected for 2016.