• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

Hello
You told me my interview would be around Feb/april 2016
Would it be affected if i obtain a visitors visa?
And should i have to unlock my form to change my lasts five visits to the US?
I planning to travel for a two week holiday on sept/oct 2015
Thank you so much!
Argentine girl

1. Lovely number - very safe.
2. Lower selectee numbers will make next year much calmer.
3. You are expecting to give birth to a spouse???? Wow - modern technology. If you have a spouse, adding usually takes just a few weeks - so that should not delay you (and even if it does - so what - it is still going to be fine).
4. This is not about travel documents - this is all based on where you were born (and where you can prove you were born). So - I assume you were born in Egypt?
No I born in Saudi arabia, still did not get an answer for item 4 please, shoul unlock the DS-260 to state that I had a travel document before?

Because my current citizenship is egyptian and I born in Saudi and move to egypt when I was 3 years old and live in egypt as plastinian with travel document and then I got my egyptian citizen 2 years ago since my mom is egyptian

Because my current citizenship is egyptian and I born in Saudi and move to egypt when I was 3 years old and live in egypt as plastinian with travel document and then I got my egyptian citizen 2 years ago since my mom is egyptian

But your country of eligibility is almost always based on country of birth. Can you justify one of the exceptions?

Yes, a big one. Did you not read the instructions on selecting your country of eligibility when you filmed in the entry form?
It was really clear, where did I born and what is my citizen ship when I have applied, it is the truth. Pls tell me what u think?

It was really clear, where did I born and what is my citizen ship when I have applied, it is the truth. Pls tell me what u think?

Your country of eligibility is based on birth country (unless you can prove an exception applies as per the rules). Your birth place is Saudi Arabia, so you should have an AS number, not an AF one. They don't care what citizenship you hold or held, it is not relevant to eligibility.

Read requirement number 1: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam...Translations/DV_2016_Instructions_English.pdf
Bottom of first page.

So why they give me AF number then?

I can only assume that you picked Egypt as your country of chargeability.
They don't default to birth - they use what you tell them you want, because some people can choose not to use birth country.
What does your notification letter say - it should list country of chargeability?

I can only assume that you picked Egypt as your country of chargeability.
They don't default to birth - they use what you tell them you want, because some people can choose not to use birth country.
What does your notification letter say - it should list country of chargeability?
I have an egyptian birth certificate but says that I born in Saudi, again when then asked me about the country I put egypt but when asked me about birth I put saudi, so this mean what now? Incase if I got interviewed? Any advice?

I have an egyptian birth certificate but says that I born in Saudi, again when then asked me about the country I put egypt but when asked me about birth I put saudi, so this mean what now? Incase if I got interviewed? Any advice?
I have done some research, pls let me know I m correct, the chargibilty I have is egypt since my birth certificate egyptian as well as my mother is Egyptian but the place of birth is Saudi, and lived there until 3 years old and went back to egypt, is this still ok since I got AF number?

I have done some research, pls let me know I m correct, the chargibilty I have is egypt since my birth certificate egyptian as well as my mother is Egyptian but the place of birth is Saudi, and lived there until 3 years old and went back to egypt, is this still ok since I got AF number?

It doesn't matter who issued the birth certificate. It matters where you were born. It says you were born in Saudi, so unless you can show one of the exceptions you will be disqualified. Did you read the link I sent you? Do you have an Egyptian spouse you can cross charge to, or can you prove that neither of your parents were Saudi, one of them was born in Egypt, and that they were only temporarily in KSA at the time of your birth?

It doesn't matter who issued the birth certificate. It matters where you were born. It says you were born in Saudi, so unless you can show one of the exceptions you will be disqualified. Did you read the link I sent you? Do you have an Egyptian spouse you can cross charge to, or can you prove that neither of your parents were Saudi, one of them was born in Egypt, and that they were only temporarily in KSA at the time of your birth?
Yes, my wife is Egyptian and born in egypt and my son too, also my mom born in egypt and egyptian. Is that will help since I got AF number?

Yes, my wife is Egyptian and born in egypt and my son too, also my mom born in egypt and egyptian. Is that will help since I got AF number?

Yes, your wife being Egyptian will help. You must state in the interview that you are cross charging to your wife, but note for this to be successful she must also be able to meet the DV requirements of education. You should technically have put this in your entry form (cross charging) but hopefully the CO will be lenient.

Proving your parents is difficult, it's not enough your mom was born in Egypt (and your dad cannot be Saudi) because you have to prove they were there temporarily when you were born which often so many years later is very difficult.

It isn't a mistake that you got the AF number - it is because you charged to Egypt. Susie is giving you excellent advice. Read it well.....

It isn't a mistake that you got the AF number - it is because you charged to Egypt. Susie is giving you excellent advice. Read it well.....

Thank you for your reply!!! No inputs were wrong into the DV application. The only thing is did not explain why did I put Egypt into the chargeability, which due my wife from Egypt and this meet the requirement? Since I have not explained into the application and it correct (missed the link in question 6), is this will be an issue during the interview? I m sure the CO will why I put Egypt and it is clear since my wife will be with me nothing else like "Sorry since you have not explain it in the form you be disqualify" I do not this it make since to say that. There is no lie/wrong info in the form. Please advice. Thank you to all!!!