• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to tell if a birth certificate in an original or not? My parents are saying mine is but I'm concerned as it is dated 2000 (and I was born long before that!) but they said they never requested it until that time. It does say "certify that the above is a true copy of particulars recorded in a Register kept in the General Registry at Brisbane." and another note "Not Valid Unless Bearing the Authorised Seal and Signature of the Registrar-General" .. which it has.
Any help would be appreciated! :)

That sounds like an official extract from the register - which is fine. However, make sure it is the "long form" version which has information about both parents.

That sounds like an official extract from the register - which is fine. However, make sure it is the "long form" version which has information about both parents.
Thank you Simon - I appreciate your response! It has details about their occupation, age and birthplace so it sounds like I should be fine ... nice weight off my shoulders!

Sorry for all the questions.. just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what I put in the Priority Date section when I'm creating my profile in USTravelDocs? It's under the Passport information portion.

Also, in my dashboard it has K-Visa Sydney under the Visa Information. Was this automatically populated?

Thank you for any advice.

Sorry for all the questions.. just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what I put in the Priority Date section when I'm creating my profile in USTravelDocs? It's under the Passport information portion.

Also, in my dashboard it has K-Visa Sydney under the Visa Information. Was this automatically populated?

Like I mentioned a page or two back. Just ignore the weirdness in the USTravelDocs website and fill it in as best you can. They know it doesn't make sense. It auto-populates their systems somehow plus helps them with email lists and communication. It's not the DS-260 so you're not going to ruin your application if you make a mistake.

Hi @PennyR I would agree with guestgulkan. when I updated the latest drop-off address, the confirmation page reflected my B2 confirmation num. I emailed the embassy, and they said that's fine. So long you have the printed confirmation page of your drop-off address, you are good to go.

The email from the consulate says that all that's needed for your profile is name and email address, so don't worry about it at all. :)

Travel Docs is not built for DV. Sydney know that. They just want you to register for it. Honestly, we never used it after we created the account.

Well, 4 sleeps left until the interview and needless to say, I am having kittens!!:eek: What is "relaxed"?

tumblr_mm9n3sdycy1ry1y7qo5_500.gif

Hi guys,

I got a police certificate from my home country dated July 2014 which covers the entire period I lived in as the last time I was there was in January 2014. Do I need a new one as this one is older than 1 year?
Somebody advised me I don't as it covers the whole period I lived in my home country........... what do you think?

Cheers

Hi guys,

I got a police certificate from my home country dated July 2014 which covers the entire period I lived in as the last time I was there was in January 2014. Do I need a new one as this one is older than 1 year?
Somebody advised me I don't as it covers the whole period I lived in my home country........... what do you think?

Cheers

Different experiences have been reported about this, some have been ok in your situation and others have been told to get newer ones. So it's hard to give a definitive answer.