• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

so should we be expecting to pay upwards to $500 each for the medical? Was anyone able to save any money on this one? BTW we'll be doing the medicals in Melbourne.
Hey @Elle30 I had my medical in Melbourne last week and it cost $566, including the x-ray. I had my vaccinations done at my GP beforehand, so didn't need any extras at the medical. Not cheap, eh?

Hey @Elle30 I had my medical in Melbourne last week and it cost $566, including the x-ray. I had my vaccinations done at my GP beforehand, so didn't need any extras at the medical. Not cheap, eh?

Wow, I'm getting mine done on Tuesday and the place I'm going in Sydney charges $457 (not including any vaccines). Bit of a difference there, but obviously it seems to depend on the practice.

Wow, I'm getting mine done on Tuesday and the place I'm going in Sydney charges $457 (not including any vaccines). Bit of a difference there, but obviously it seems to depend on the practice.
Yeah, I guess it does! That's quite a difference. Oh well, we've come to terms with how expensive the whole process is. It'll be worth it in the end (fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess it does! That's quite a difference. Oh well, we've come to terms with how expensive the whole process is. It'll be worth it in the end (fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

Definitely, besides we're quite fortunate since DV is probably the least expensive route to immigrating to the US. :eek:

So expensive, but required unfortunately. Which place did you go to? We're thinking of booking the 'Medibank' one in the CBD but if it means we'll save $100 by going to the one in South Melbourne we'll do that instead.

So expensive, but required unfortunately. Which place did you go to? We're thinking of booking the 'Medibank' one in the CBD but if it means we'll save $100 by going to the one in South Melbourne we'll do that instead.
That's the one we went to, but it's no longer Medibank - it's become Sonic Health Plus (I double-checked before we went there and it's still an approved physician). Maybe ask the other one what their fees are first. If they're cheaper, don't tell me :p

That's the one we went to, but it's no longer Medibank - it's become Sonic Health Plus (I double-checked before we went there and it's still an approved physician). Maybe ask the other one what their fees are first. If they're cheaper, don't tell me :p

haha! Ok, will do. Thanks for the heads up :)

The plan is for my husband to go to our regular GP first and make sure he's up to date with all of his vaccinations and to get full bloods done as he hasn't had a check-up in years.

Then we'll book the panel doctor. I suppose we should also get our police checks done relatively soon too.

Hi sorry another question regarding the police check. We noticed that my partner's police certificate was issued one week before he left Hong Kong. It states that the police certificate must cover your entire period in a country. Do you think they will pull us up on this one week difference?

Thank you

We went to Port Melbourne. From memory, it was cheaper and it has the benefit of having everything on site. I think with the Medibank one, you have to go somewhere else for your xray whereas Port Melbourne can do everything (bloods, xray, the works).

Port Melbourne is a weird clinic though. They have alot of workmen come in with workplace injuries from the city building sites, which isn't nice to see. And Dr Charles made a comment on my second son's medical that I still find highly offensive (my son has special needs. Dr Charles said he would struggle to find employment. It was an ignorant comment that I didn't appreciate).

That gives a short window to have your medical exams before the interview... (assuming you wait for the 2NL to go ahead with the medical exams). How far in advance shall I book the medical?

Thanks

thanks guys.... shall I wait to have my 2NL to book the medical exams?

Not sure what the Venezuelsn doctors do, most want to see the 2NL/know the interview date before you can book. You want to try have the medical as close to the interview as possible as medical expiry affects visa expiry.