• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

One week till my interview and I am trying to determine if there is something I may be missing. Would appreciate if someone can guide me these:

1) How to carry the documents - in loose or in a clear file. Should I remove staples from multiple page documents?
2) Order in which to present documents and copy.
3) Carry cash or credit card (Suva Embassy, Fiji)
4) Do I have to carry a prepaid self-addressed express envelope for passport return?
5) My wife and I would dress up in business casual. Can the kids (4 year and 1 year) dress up in shirt/jeans?
6) Will showing patriotism to America during the interview have some negative consequences? I have always loved this country, so there may be occasions where I can show a bit of extra love for "USA" without realizing it.

hello... getting all our documents together, is it possible to reprint the D260 confirmation page if we don't have it?

I've got mine printed but my husband can't find his (he is the primary applicant)

One week till my interview and I am trying to determine if there is something I may be missing. Would appreciate if someone can guide me these:

1) How to carry the documents - in loose or in a clear file. Should I remove staples from multiple page documents?
2) Order in which to present documents and copy.
3) Carry cash or credit card (Suva Embassy, Fiji)
4) Do I have to carry a prepaid self-addressed express envelope for passport return?
5) My wife and I would dress up in business casual. Can the kids (4 year and 1 year) dress up in shirt/jeans?
6) Will showing patriotism to America during the interview have some negative consequences? I have always loved this country, so there may be occasions where I can show a bit of extra love for "USA" without realizing it.

As far as I understand:

1) No clear plastic sleeves, carry them in one folder but then you'll need to remove them and have them all together, in order.
2) They advise this on the document instructions PDF
3) Either is fine?
4) Yes, self addressed. It will need to be up to 5kg for a family of 4.
5) Just dress so you're presentable. Casual is fine.
6) Doubt it...

Hi All

My mum back in Australia has been going through all my documents to send the paperwork to us that we need. (Gotta love mum's!) We only brought key things like birth certificates over here. Never thought I would need my childhood immunisation records! She has found my high school certificate but not sure where my husbands is. We have his uni records though. As I am the primary applicant am I right in thinking that if he just has evidence of his bachelor and I have both my high school certificate and bachelor that we should be ok?? Or should we really be tracking down his high school certificate?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything.
Thanks everyone!! Hoping all the December interviews get their green card christmas present!

Hi All

My mum back in Australia has been going through all my documents to send the paperwork to us that we need. (Gotta love mum's!) We only brought key things like birth certificates over here. Never thought I would need my childhood immunisation records! She has found my high school certificate but not sure where my husbands is. We have his uni records though. As I am the primary applicant am I right in thinking that if he just has evidence of his bachelor and I have both my high school certificate and bachelor that we should be ok?? Or should we really be tracking down his high school certificate?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything.
Thanks everyone!! Hoping all the December interviews get their green card christmas present!

If you're the main selectee, your husband's educational documents are not required, unless your selection is based on you cross-charging to his place of birth.

I had my interview yesterday and was successful in my application! Thank you for all the advice ... finding this forum certainly got me through the process!! The actual interview was super simple .. he just confirmed where I went to school and was born. No questions on why do I want to move / what I'm going to do etc. I guess because all my papers were in order, there wasn't much to say! Best of luck to everyone in the future :)

We had our interview yesterday and we got a refusal (pending arrival/review of my medical records). Unfortunately we're on AP but that's fine, my guess is that we should hear back in the next week or two.

The case officer said everything else looks fine so it's looking all good from our end. I found the process relatively straight forward and didn't find that there were many surprises, probably due to how informative this forum has been in terms of what to expect, so thank you everyone.

Q1) if my medical arrives and it's all approved - we receive our passports back with the actual visa stamped in it, is that correct? And then a physical 'green card' will be posted to our nominated U.S. address for us to pick up once we arrive into the country?

Q2) How's the economy over there at the moment? Still pretty dire? I'll need to be looking for a new job. I assume that's easier once over there but it can't hurt to start emailing people now?

We had our interview yesterday and we got a refusal (pending arrival/review of my medical records). Unfortunately we're on AP but that's fine, my guess is that we should hear back in the next week or two.

The case officer said everything else looks fine so it's looking all good from our end. I found the process relatively straight forward and didn't find that there were many surprises, probably due to how informative this forum has been in terms of what to expect, so thank you everyone.

Q1) if my medical arrives and it's all approved - we receive our passports back with the actual visa stamped in it, is that correct? And then a physical 'green card' will be posted to our nominated U.S. address for us to pick up once we arrive into the country?

Q2) How's the economy over there at the moment? Still pretty dire? I'll need to be looking for a new job. I assume that's easier once over there but it can't hurt to start emailing people now?

A1, yes, once your medical is provided your case will be approved pretty soon after and then you will get the visas stamped in the passport. The GC is only ordered once you enter to activate (and pay the $165 fee). So that takes a couple of months.

A2. The economy is not dire at all. Of course it varies by area. If you go to an area with high unemployment you will find it hard to get a job. If you choose wisely you will find work opportunities are plentiful (assuming you have some useful skillset). There is not too much point chasing jobs until you are nearer the time to move, or actually here.

Alright, so I've been going through my high school certificates and all the ask for is level 2 (I have up to level 4 so I know it's not an issue) but I was just wondering if the subject matters or if they're gonna pick at that. Because I didn't study certain subjects they might want me to have done (like any sort of science) I'm probably stressing about nothing but little things like this worrying me especially when I know my interview will be here in like 3 months probably. Eek. Sorry.

Alright, so I've been going through my high school certificates and all the ask for is level 2 (I have up to level 4 so I know it's not an issue) but I was just wondering if the subject matters or if they're gonna pick at that. Because I didn't study certain subjects they might want me to have done (like any sort of science) I'm probably stressing about nothing but little things like this worrying me especially when I know my interview will be here in like 3 months probably. Eek. Sorry.

This will literally not matter at all as long as you've actually successfully finished high school.

Hello all,

Just preparing for the big NYC move in March (eek!) and had a question. My work is having a corporate deal on international return flights at the moment, meaning a return fare is much cheaper than a one way (by about $600!). Do you forsee any negative consequences in buying a return fare? Is having a ticket to come back to Australia something that could potentially be looked upon as negative by immigration?

I know it probably doesn't matter, but I want to make sure I cover all bases. Just not sure whether they may see that as intent to return home and not fulfill the obligations of permanent residency.

As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello all,

Just preparing for the big NYC move in March (eek!) and had a question. My work is having a corporate deal on international return flights at the moment, meaning a return fare is much cheaper than a one way (by about $600!). Do you forsee any negative consequences in buying a return fare? Is having a ticket to come back to Australia something that could potentially be looked upon as negative by immigration?

I know it probably doesn't matter, but I want to make sure I cover all bases. Just not sure whether they may see that as intent to return home and not fulfill the obligations of permanent residency.

As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

If for any reason they raise the matter, just tell them that you bought it because it was cheaper - there are a number of airlines/routes which have cheaper return than one way fares, so they've probably seen this before.