• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Update: my doctor has the forms but hasn't returned them to the consulate with the correct section filled out. Hopefully that'll happen soon!

To extend the time period before the visa expiry. Medicals were valid for longer at that time.

Ah I thought of that but with six month medicals there's no advantage.

Wish I could extend my visa. I need to activate in February and the weather will suck. Maybe I'll just stay in Hawaii and swing by Vegas.

Hmm I don't see why anyone would do that?

It was me. As Simon says, we needed to push visa validity out for logistical reasons. Although, it was a gamble as I had no idea at that stage whether they would take the 6 months from interview or from visa issue date, but luckily it was the latter. Again, to emphasize that medicals were valid for 12 months at that stage - it's not a strategy that would work now.

(We had originally tried to have the interview delayed but the consulate unhelpfully would have had us cancel a couple of months before finding out if we could get another date...not a risk we wanted to take)

Our doctor will issue us with the sealed medical envelope to take with us to the interview. Just wondering if this has any disadvantages over the doctor directly sending the results to the embassy? For instance, will we be put immediately on AP while the embassy goes through the medical report after the interview?

Our doctor will issue us with the sealed medical envelope to take with us to the interview. Just wondering if this has any disadvantages over the doctor directly sending the results to the embassy? For instance, will we be put immediately on AP while the embassy goes through the medical report after the interview?

No.

Hey all, stumbled across this forum today. Great to see everyones stories :)

I am also now a 16 OC Selectee after a few years trying!

Quick question, with the police certificates, did you guys get the check with fingerprints or without?
Also, my current date is in January but I haven't yet got the email with interview date, should this have come through yet?

No need for fingerprints so long as the police check has all your names / aliases.

You'll get your 2NL around the end of the month (so around six weeks notice).

Getting all excited with everyone getting approved! I keep checking trying to predict which month I'll be in (early 700s so probably March?) I just thought I should ask, with the form we fill out ages ago, I forgot the name but it's the original one. I filled it out as soon as I got it but since then I got married to a resident about while I was over there visiting my boyfriend (now husband I guess). Do I need to pull my form and change some information on it? Or is it fine as is? And also how would I pull it to edit if it's possible at all. Ahh sorry getting nervous. Thanks!

Wiser heads will provide better advice than I but, if your husband is a USC, he doesn't need to fill in a form (sorry if I'm telling you to suck eggs). But you will need to open your DS260 and update it with your husband's details.

To open the DS260, you will need to email the KCC ( KCCDV@state.gov ) and request for them to open your DS260. In order for them to do that, you will need to provide your case number, date of birth and full name. It will take a few days for them to respond. Update with your husband's details and then resubmit.

Oh, and congratulations on the wedding!

Wiser heads will provide better advice than I but, if your husband is a USC, he doesn't need to fill in a form (sorry if I'm telling you to suck eggs). But you will need to open your DS260 and update it with your husband's details.

To open the DS260, you will need to email the KCC ( KCCDV@state.gov ) and request for them to open your DS260. In order for them to do that, you will need to provide your case number, date of birth and full name. It will take a few days for them to respond. Update with your husband's details and then resubmit.

Oh, and congratulations on the wedding!

Thanks :) We're happy even though we're far apart. I'll do that to be safe. Then I can double check to make sure everything is right. Thank you :)

Hi All, Great forum. We just completed our Ds-260, AF 26XXX. Appreciate thoughts on my questions:
1. Are we late on the DS-260 - only submitted in Nov 2015
2. What's the chance of AF26XXX getting a visa - it seems far down the pack to me

Hi All, Great forum. We just completed our Ds-260, AF 26XXX. Appreciate thoughts on my questions:
1. Are we late on the DS-260 - only submitted in Nov 2015
2. What's the chance of AF26XXX getting a visa - it seems far down the pack to me

Are you interviewing in Oceania?

1 - I submitted mine in late January 2015 and I was fine
2 - AF26XXX is very safe