• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

Please help me out crack this one

Dv 2016 - CN 14K

Applicants name in all her documents (B.Cert , Passport , ID and academic certs) are stated as

given name - AAA

surname - BBB ,

Her birth Certificate / Passport states her name as AAA BBB ,

her fathers name/surname in B. Certificate column is blank.

Maidens' name stated as XXX YYY ZZZ ,

She submitted her Edv application stating her names as - AAA BBB ZZZ, she used her maternal grandfathers name i.e ZZZ.

Considering the fact that her grandfathers name appears nowhere other than in her Birth. Certificate under maidens name , how can she prove to the CO that

AAA BBB ZZZ as per 1NL and AAA BBB as per Passport/Birth Certificate is the same person , do you think swearing an affidavit could help establishing that ?

I hope I haven't confused you with the A's and the B's ha ha.

Await your help.

Good day.

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

Dv 2016 - CN 14K

Applicants name in all her documents (B.Cert , Passport , ID and academic certs) are stated as

given name - AAA

surname - BBB ,

She submitted her Edv application stating her names as - AAA BBB ZZZ, she used her maternal grandfathers name i.e ZZZ.

Considering the fact that her grandfathers name appears nowhere other than in her Birth. Certificate under maidens name , how can she prove to the CO that

AAA BBB ZZZ as per 1NL and AAA BBB as per Passport/Birth Certificate is the same person , do you think swearing an affidavit could help establishing that ?

Await your help.

Good day.

I don't think affidavits mean anything, sadly. I don't understand why she felt the need to put another last name in when her official documents don't have it. I think she may have a problem. If she is prepared to gamble the DV fee she may try to use her birth certificate to show she is the same person... although that may also raise the question of why what I presume is a middle name of YYY doesn't appear anywhere else.
Not sure if others think differently.

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

Dv 2016 - CN 14K

given name - AAA

surname - BBB ,

Await your help.

Good day.

Why on earth did she list her maternal grandfather's name as part of her surname? :confused: Anyway, did she list XXX YYY ZZZ under the maiden name section of her eDV form? If she did, I think it's worth giving the interview a shot. I don't think a sworn affidavit will make any difference, but she can point out the name on her B/C if an issue is made about it.

Also, unless she wants to keep ZZZ as part of her surname, I suggest she request the possibility of removing it, once she gets an indication of approval from the CO. If that isn't taken care of then, that name will become part of her official record in the U.S.

So basically her name is eg Mary Jane Kamau so all her documents have Mary Jane and her edv application is Mary Jane Kamau. My opinion is to get a new passport that has the third name Kamau appearing as surname and to use that passport to submit DS 260. Edv application name should match passport name at least and a passport takes 10 days so not much time lost there.

So basically her name is eg Mary Jane Kamau so all her documents have Mary Jane and her edv application is Mary Jane Kamau. My opinion is to get a new passport that has the third name Kamau appearing as surname and to use that passport to submit DS 260. Edv application name should match passport name at least and a passport takes 10 days so not much time lost there.

Yup, if she can get a passport in the entry name it would certainly help the case a lot!

Yes, they actually talk about this in a DoS report from a few years ago about combatting fraud in the DV process, so I knew the reports were credible :)
And while we don't get people here directly reporting being denied for fake marriages, it does get mentioned a number of times by people who have observed this happening when they are at the embassy for their own interviews.
Sadly I also read of one case where what seems like a genuine marriage was denied, because the couple didn't think to take proof with them...
I did witness a lady get denied at the embassy well she was silly am sorry to say but she won the lotto and she had her hubby on the forms and their dota and went to interview with her daughter only n when asked where her hubby was she said they divorced and no evidence or paper work to show n all kenyans know how divorce in kenya takes a while....wasted visas then:(

Last edited:
You don't pay anything to fill in the DS260. If/when your brother gets to interview, he will pay the $USD330 fee and then, if he is successful in obtaining the visa, the $USD165 USCIS fee.