• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

Kamati, your hope has not been crushed, pls don't look at things that way. There is always next time. I know exactly how you feel, just like you I wished I would be selected, but wasn't. Stay positive, everything is going to be okay. And, when another chance comes again to give the Edv lottery a try, don't shy away. It doesn't matter how many times we fail, we have to keep on keeping on. Hope to see you here again in 2017. Don't quit the forum, keep learning until you get it right. God bless everyone in the forum.

Kamati, your hope has not been crushed, pls don't look at things that way. There is always next time. I know exactly how you feel, just like you I wished I would be selected, but wasn't. Stay positive, everything is going to be okay. And, when another chance comes again to give the Edv lottery a try, don't shy away. It doesn't matter how many times we fail, we have to keep on keeping on. Hope to see you here again in 2017. Don't quit the forum, keep learning until you get it right. God bless everyone in the forum.

thanks ugenya. i see in other forums like there is an error coz no one has been selected. wondering

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual, I applied for 100 friends and none got selected. I have called a few other friends who applied elsewhere, no success. The only difference I see for one case is "session timed out" any time I check

Even mine is showing session out!! what can that be? TE="enoo, post: 2397568, member: 344343"]As usual, I applied for 100 friends and none got selected. I have called a few other friends who applied elsewhere, no success. The only difference I see for one case is "session timed out" any time I check[/QUOTE]
EVEN

Session timed out means ur a winner
Even mine is showing session out!! what can that be? TE="enoo, post: 2397568, member: 344343"]As usual, I applied for 100 friends and none got selected. I have called a few other friends who applied elsewhere, no success. The only difference I see for one case is "session timed out" any time I check
EVEN[/QUOTE]
session timed out means ur a winner, called kcc and confirmed just wait few more days to get the right page

As usual, I applied for 100 friends and none got selected. I have called a few other friends who applied elsewhere, no success. The only difference I see for one case is "session timed out" any time I check

As I replied on my blog. This is kinda circumstantial evidence in itself.

You have 1 "session timed out" in 100 cases.

The average winning chance for an entry (across all regions)? 1 in 100.

Just sayin'....

As I replied on my blog. This is kinda circumstantial evidence in itself.

You have 1 "session timed out" in 100 cases.

The average winning chance for an entry (across all regions)? 1 in 100.

Just sayin'....

have you seen any kenyan selectees yet?

I got "session timed out" once. Refreshed the page and got "not selected" which was what I got the first time I check. The talk about there being an error has got me checking the page every so often. I have got " not selected" so many times. I am feeling ok about not being selected.

I HAVE CONTACTED KCC CONCERNING THE DV RESULTS AND THE SESSION TIMD OUT ISSUE. READ BELOW HOW THEY REPLIED

Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:08 PM

To: KCC DV

Subject: DV 2016 ISSUE confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Name: xxxxxxx

confirmation Number: 20163MSLxxxxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth:mmddyyyy

Every time I check the official DV website, I get the message "session timed out" I have tried a few hundred times. What does that mean? Is there any issue with the results this year? All my 200 friends were not selected. Please confirm. Thank you.

With Regards,

xxxxxxxx xxxx

RE: DV 2016 ISSUE confirmation Number: xxxxxxxx
I
KCC DV <KCCDV@state.gov>

2:40 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Thank you for your inquiry.

We appreciate your concern but we are not experiencing any technical difficulties. Several thousand individuals have already confirmed their selection for DV-2016 through the Entrant Status Check (ESC). As with any lottery, only a very small percentage of entries were selected for further processing. For DV-2016, we received over 11 million entries seeking one of 50,000 diversity visas available every program year. You must check your Diversity Visa entry status on the ESC site at dvlottery.state.gov and see a selection notice addressed to you by name as proof of selection to process further in the DV program. If you logged into the ESC and saw a notice stating that you were not selected, you have not been selected for further processing in this year’s DV lottery.

When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision.

For additional information, please refer to the following websites:

Diversity Visa Website: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html.html

Diversity Visa Instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html

DS-260 instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html

To enter the Diversity Visa lottery or to check for a selection notice: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Lacy

Support Contractor – FCi Federal

CA/VO/KCC

Diversity Visa Unit

Phone: (606) 526-7500

Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

F

I HAVE CONTACTED KCC CONCERNING THE DV RESULTS AND THE SESSION TIMD OUT ISSUE. READ BELOW HOW THEY REPLIED

Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:08 PM

To: KCC DV

Subject: DV 2016 ISSUE confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Name: xxxxxxx

confirmation Number: 20163MSLxxxxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth:mmddyyyy

Every time I check the official DV website, I get the message "session timed out" I have tried a few hundred times. What does that mean? Is there any issue with the results this year? All my 200 friends were not selected. Please confirm. Thank you.

With Regards,

xxxxxxxx xxxx

RE: DV 2016 ISSUE confirmation Number: xxxxxxxx
I
KCC DV <KCCDV@state.gov>

2:40 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Thank you for your inquiry.

We appreciate your concern but we are not experiencing any technical difficulties. Several thousand individuals have already confirmed their selection for DV-2016 through the Entrant Status Check (ESC). As with any lottery, only a very small percentage of entries were selected for further processing. For DV-2016, we received over 11 million entries seeking one of 50,000 diversity visas available every program year. You must check your Diversity Visa entry status on the ESC site at dvlottery.state.gov and see a selection notice addressed to you by name as proof of selection to process further in the DV program. If you logged into the ESC and saw a notice stating that you were not selected, you have not been selected for further processing in this year’s DV lottery.

When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision.

F

Could you please send them an email back with additional information to find out what the status of your case is?

That would explain a lot..

Ok, so they are clearly just sending out a standard email response to everyone. Everyone reports an identical one.

enoo, I am impressed at the number of friends you have ;)

wooooi i hear theres a problem with kcc,,,,i have been getting session timed out since date 5,,,imagine my 4th round of applying no win,,**sobbing ** since 1st year am now graduating this year hehehhe always get NOT SELECTED,,how unlucky can one be,,,anybody with good news?? team254