• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

@Britsimon and @Sm1smom , I appreciate your help!! I really do. And it seems like both of you are strognly recommending to submit DS260. My thoughts were: if I give less info then less questions I'll be asked on interview (because form ds260 has so many questions!). For example "Address" part. To be honest I don't even remember the exact years of living on particular addresses - I think I have changed 20 times since my age of 16. So if I don't remember, should I just guess? So that was the reason I didn't want to submit the Form 260. Do you still think I should submit it even I'm not sure in some of my answers to question in that form?

Your plan regarding giving "less info" could end up being termed as withholding of pertinent information, which is not a good idea.

You may not know the exact day/months in which you lived in certain places, but I'm sure you can come up with the year if you give it some deep thoughts. You can guesstimate the day/month.

So a hypothetical situation (not known to have happened to anyone, but nonetheless): if asked why is there no DS260 form for you, what will be your response? You didn't know you were supposed to submit one, or you knew but didn't submit it because you're trying to avoid being asked a lot of questions?

My take is better safe than sorry. Be upfront, do the right thing and not look for ways of being asked "less questions"

Your plan regarding giving "less info" could end up being termed as withholding of pertinent information, which is not a good idea.

You may not know the exact day/months in which you lived in certain places, but I'm sure you can come up with the year if you give it some deep thoughts. You can guesstimate the day/month.

So a hypothetical situation (not known to have happened to anyone, but nonetheless): if asked why is there no DS260 form for you, what will be your response? You didn't know you were supposed to submit one, or you knew but didn't submit it because you're trying to avoid being asked a lot of questions?

My take is better safe than sorry. Be upfront, do the right thing and not look for ways of being asked "less questions"
Of course I would say that I followed the instructions for AOS, and it didn't indicate that I had to submit DS260. I'm just being honest with you guys here, because I think I have to share my true thoughts if I ask for your opinion. But at the same time I'm not trying to hide something... You know, one thing is to explain to a person when you get asked about something and another thing is when you wright it in a Form which has exact question and requires exact answer....
But if you say that it's ok that I'm not sure 100% in my answers in the Form then I guess I'm worried for nothing :)

@Britsimon and @Sm1smom , I appreciate your help!! I really do. And it seems like both of you are strognly recommending to submit DS260. My thoughts were: if I give less info then less questions I'll be asked on interview (because form ds260 has so many questions!). For example "Address" part. To be honest I don't even remember the exact years of living on particular addresses - I think I have changed 20 times since my age of 16. So if I don't remember, should I just guess? So that was the reason I didn't want to submit the Form 260. Do you still think I should submit it even I'm not sure in some of my answers to question in that form?

That is a daft reason to not fill in the form.

Hello,

I am a dv 2018 winner with cut-off number EU22***. The latest visa bulletin shows that I have an immediate visa available for August. I am living in USA, so I am planning to file i-485. However, I have some questions about the procedure that confuses me.

1. Even though my CN is for August, may i file i-485 in July?

2. I have already filed DS 260 and pay the fee of 330$ maybe even more than a year ago. However, I have not received 2NL yet. Is this normal? When should I expect to receive 2NL?

3. Can I file my i-485 without 2NL?

Thank you very much for all your help.