• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Yes (NYC)

I see. Well the coincidence makes me think, it's either a new practice by the NYC FO; the interviewing IO (assuming you were both interviewed by the person) isn't authorized to issue a final approval or the wrong update code got selected.

I see. Well the coincidence makes me think, it's either a new practice by the NYC FO; the interviewing IO (assuming you were both interviewed by the person) isn't authorized to issue a final approval or the wrong update code got selected.
Yes - I am quite sure we were interviewed by the same IO. I guess we will wait and see.

Thanks for your thoughts

My wife is main selectee. I'm co applicant
But since we applied have the same in everything even the IO interviewed us together.
The only difference is I have a stupid case but it is Dismissed

It's not unusual for the main selectee to get approved while the derivative remain pending as in your case, regardless of whether you interviewed together or not. Your none approval probably has to do with you having a pending background check clearance, which may or may not be tied to the old charges you had.

1. Text or email notification is not automatic. You needed to have registered online in order to get a notification from USCIS, but you obviously couldn't have done that since the system wasn't recognizing your receipt number.

2. Yes if you can, get an employment verification letter from your employer.

3. It's a generic interview interview letter your FO uses for everyone they're interviewing for AOS. Nothing to worry about.

4. Follow the instructions on the letter, make copies of the major documents you're taking along. They may end up not asking for the copies at the end of the day, but better safe than sorry!
ok, Smlsmom! Thanks a lot...

Hi, we had our interview two weeks ago. But no news from USCIS until now. We plan to visit our family in our country in 3 weeks. We have already the tickets. But I'm afraid that the green card is not going to arrive on time. Do you know how long usually takes to get the green card after the interview?
Our case was approved a month ago, and we're still waiting for our cards. I called USCIS today as the welcome letter encouraged us to do so if we'd been waiting for more than 3 weeks for the cards. They said there is a backlog right now and to call back again in 60 days if we haven't received them. She also gave me the website: egov.uscis.gov/e-request which states it can take up to 180 days to receive the cards and not to check in with them until that time has passed.
Hope that helps.

Our case was approved a month ago, and we're still waiting for our cards. I called USCIS today as the welcome letter encouraged us to do so if we'd been waiting for more than 3 weeks for the cards. They said there is a backlog right now and to call back again in 60 days if we haven't received them. She also gave me the website: egov.uscis.gov/e-request which states it can take up to 180 days to receive the cards and not to check in with them until that time has passed.
Hope that helps.

That's useful info, thanks for posting it.

@Sm1smom.. When I go for Interview,,,
1. Can i request IO about my Online Case status to update, in case if i want to track my Green Card?
2. And also Can i ask IO about my Background check Clearance, do they mind?

Thanks.

Hello,

So I have been waiting for my interview appointment letter for the past two months. Today I got a letter from my field office, telling me to go there in connection with an urgent matter. The letter says that it is in regard to my i485 application, and says to bring all original documents.
The letter is not an i797 for interview, like the i797 for biometrics.
Has anyone by any chance received this type of letter before the interview? Or is that what an interview letter looks like?

After an unusual update yesterday, which said: "On May 26, 2016, we certified the approval of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxx, and sent it to the appropriate appellate office"

My wife and I got home today and had received our welcome letters, and now online status has changed to CPO!

Very relieved.

I will be adding all our case dates to the timeline shortly.

Thanks for all your help.

Hello,

So I have been waiting for my interview appointment letter for the past two months. Today I got a letter from my field office, telling me to go there in connection with an urgent matter. The letter says that it is in regard to my i485 application, and says to bring all original documents.
The letter is not an i797 for interview, like the i797 for biometrics.
Has anyone by any chance received this type of letter before the interview? Or is that what an interview letter looks like?

The IL isn't typically in the form of an I-797. What you received is your IL.

@Sm1smom.. When I go for Interview,,,
1. Can i request IO about my Online Case status to update, in case if i want to track my Green Card?
2. And also Can i ask IO about my Background check Clearance, do they mind?

Thanks.

1. Yes
2. Yes you can ask about that also, although some IOs have been known to decline to provide that information.

After an unusual update yesterday, which said: "On May 26, 2016, we certified the approval of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxx, and sent it to the appropriate appellate office"

My wife and I got home today and had received our welcome letters, and now online status has changed to CPO!

Very relieved.

I will be adding all our case dates to the timeline shortly.

Thanks for all your help.

Congratulations and like I guessed before, the wrong code for online updates was selected.

The unfortunate is my best friend, today go a letter saying my medical report is incomplete, when I looked what is missing I found nothing is missing, they are asking where it says if required (obviously then it unrequired ) and for the allied number which we didn't fill because when we did the medical test we didn't file the application yet. Moreover, went to the Dr who did the exam and she is in vacation " AWESOME" when the nurse looked at the letter she said " are you kidding me ???"
yeh what should I say.
Back to life and to our most helpful friend Sm1smom with ton of questions,
So we did our medical exam on 10/22/15 so can I just update it and have the Dr just write NA with her signature where they asked to fill it or I have to do new one
I will do it on monday when the Dr comes back so i send it by mail it will arrive tuesday at least, but I already schedualed an info pass on friday. which is better send it by mail and go to the infopass to check if everything is ok or wait until friday and take it with me
Thanks in advance

The unfortunate is my best friend, today go a letter saying my medical report is incomplete, when I looked what is missing I found nothing is missing, they are asking where it says if required (obviously then it unrequired ) and for the allied number which we didn't fill because when we did the medical test we didn't file the application yet. Moreover, went to the Dr who did the exam and she is in vacation " AWESOME" when the nurse looked at the letter she said " are you kidding me ???"
yeh what should I say.
Back to life and to our most helpful friend Sm1smom with ton of questions,
So we did our medical exam on 10/22/15 so can I just update it and have the Dr just write NA with her signature where they asked to fill it or I have to do new one
I will do it on monday when the Dr comes back so i send it by mail it will arrive tuesday at least, but I already schedualed an info pass on friday. which is better send it by mail and go to the infopass to check if everything is ok or wait until friday and take it with me
Thanks in advance

Don't worry. It is what it is and you can not do anything except do your best for submitting the missing doc. to USCIS, again. Fortunately, you have 4 month in front. Be positive. I am surer you will get your GC.
Best wish.

Don't worry. It is what it is and you can not do anything except do your best for submitting the missing doc. to USCIS, again. Fortunately, you have 4 month in front. Be positive. I am surer you will get your GC.
Best wish.
Thanks( Shokran) 3mad for the kind words, hopefully you get it as well good luck in your interview tomorrow

Hello All,
Do anyone have a sample Employment Verification Letter or any points what needs to be added and what not? Please share.
I found many online but want to know from you guys who had employment letter before for the interview.

Thanks.

Hello All,
Do anyone have a sample Employment Verification Letter or any points what needs to be added and what not? Please share.
I found many online but want to know from you guys who had employment letter before for the interview.

Thanks.

My letter had title, start date and annual salary printed on a company letterhead signed by the HR. Along with the date of issue, of course. Hope it helps.

My letter had title, start date and annual salary printed on a company letterhead signed by the HR. Along with the date of issue, of course. Hope it helps.
Thanks a lot @beau...I had same points which you mentioned... Please see the attached just for all reference in case if somebody need to see... Thanks again for your promote respond...

Attachments

• Sample Letter.pdf
    48 KB · Views: 21