• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi, we had our interview two weeks ago. But no news from USCIS until now. We plan to visit our family in our country in 3 weeks. We have already the tickets. But I'm afraid that the green card is not going to arrive on time. Do you know how long usually takes to get the green card after the interview?

Dear mom,
Dear all,

2 days ago I had an infopass, and I asked to speak with the supervisor. So when I showed him the 2008 memo, he answered it is outdated. Hence, I presented the 2009 memo, and as it was not officially memo, he didn't accept it. He explained me he can't give reference to an unofficial memo. So he asked me to show him the 2009 memo, in an official format (found in USCIS website). As I couldn't find it online, I wondered if anyone can help me by sending its link.

Now, my BC is not completed after 8 month, and I am really frustrated about time.

Best Regards

We already discussed this extensively, I did say both memos are most likely outdated, and I wouldn't expect USCIS to act on them especially with the ongoing security risks. Anyway I don't have any other link for now outside of what was originally posted.

Hi Mom, I decided to do a congressional inquiry on my case. Its good that I did this as I found some information regarding the case. This is the reply I got from the congresswoman's office, Now I find this information contradicting as KCC told me on Feb 28th they received the request of the file and they sent it electronically on Feb 29th. Now from this message it looks like they are yet to receive this. What should I do? I should call KCC tomorrow and should get a letter saying they forward this electronically and forward that letter to congresswoman's office. Does that sounds like a good plan. This is the message

"I verified the status of these two cases with our Records section. The supervisor told me that here at the Manchester office we have only received the I-485 applications so far. We made an initial request to the Kentucky Consular Center to forward the visa packets. As we have not heard or received anything yet, we contacted the Kentucky center again to request the visa packets. Our most recent request was yesterday.

As soon as all the documents are in, the cases will be assigned to an Immigration Officer to perform the review and make a final decision on the cases. If during the review the officer will find that anything is missing, or needed, your constituents will be contacted with a request for evidence via mail, at the address we have on record. Usually, this type of adjustments do not require an interview. If one is needed, your constituents will receive an appointment notice. For now, there are no steps for them to take.

Please allow 60 days to pass before submitting another inquiry. If there has been no notice of action received by Ms. and Mr. XXXXXX by July 27, 2016, please feel free to submit an inquiry to our Manchester Congressional Unit.

We hope this information is helpful to your constituents.

Thank you.

KCC will not issue a formal letter indicating whether or not the KCC file has been sent. The only way to get a written confirmation is to send them an email asking about the case file, then they will be forced to respond to the email and you'll have your written confirmation.

Hi, we had our interview two weeks ago. But no news from USCIS until now. We plan to visit our family in our country in 3 weeks. We have already the tickets. But I'm afraid that the green card is not going to arrive on time. Do you know how long usually takes to get the green card after the interview?

Why did you rush buy tickets and book a trip when your case hadn't been formally approved? There's no guarantee how long it may take for your case to get approved. Some cases have been approved right after the interview, some had to wait a couple of days/weeks and some are still waiting months after the interview to be approved.

KCC will not issue a formal letter indicating whether or not the KCC file has been sent. The only way to get a written confirmation is to send them an email asking about the case file, then they will be forced to respond to the email and you'll have your written confirmation.
Thank you mom I just send them an email asking about it

@kchemist,

In addition to what Simon said here:

You want the FO to be on your side, and only use "heavy handed" tactics if needed. In your case you don't need to do that, so relax and hopefully there will be some good movement by the time of the infopass.

I would also caution you about the need to slow down a bit, like I said before your case has only been pending for 2 months which is not outside of a normal DV AOS processing time - your CN was current in March, regardless of when your AOS package was submitted. Remember this conversation we had early in May?

So in your suggestion when is the best time to consult the congressmen/women

You really need to allow the system to work as it's designed to. There's no hard and fast rule as to when one must contact the congress person for help. So far, I feel like you've been stressing over nothing. However feel free to contact your congress person now if you feel it will be of help - your case, your decision.

Right now, it seems to me like you're already firing cannon guns all over the place in your attempt to move your case along. You don't want to piss your FO off. For real!

Hello Sm1smom/Britsimom... Sorry for asking Silly Questions..

1. I had my Fingerprints on 10th of May, Since then "My online Status Says does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again". Is it in Normal time frame for not Showing any receipt Status?

2. And also I just spoke to KCC they said my FO had requested my file on 12/ May and they sent on 13th of May..What does this Means? In my understanding My background has cleared and IO is going through my file. is it right?

Thanks a Lot..

Hi all,

We have been lucky to have a very fast processing time:
Current: December
Lockbox: 3/16/16
NOA: 3/30/16
Bio: 4/8/16
Bio walk in: 4/21/16 (letter date was 4/26/16)
Interview letter: 4/26/16
Interview: 5/11/16

Thank you again to everyone for their help. It has been invaluable.
Quick update on our timelines:
CPO: 5/11/16
Welcome letter arrived: 5/17/16
Green card arrived: 5/18/16

Thank you all again for your help. It seems we were very lucky: two months and two days from Lockbox to green card!

Hello Sm1smom/Britsimom... Sorry for asking Silly Questions..

1. I had my Fingerprints on 10th of May, Since then "My online Status Says does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again". Is it in Normal time frame for not Showing any receipt Status?

2. And also I just spoke to KCC they said my FO had requested my file on 12/ May and they sent on 13th of May..What does this Means? In my understanding My background has cleared and IO is going through my file. is it right?

Thanks a Lot..

1. Contact USCIS customer service center and report the problem.

2. No, your understanding isn't correct. KCC file request doesn't have anything to do with whether the background check has cleared or not, those two actions are independently carried out.

1. Contact USCIS customer service center and report the problem.

2. No, your understanding isn't correct. KCC file request doesn't have anything to do with whether the background check has cleared or not, those two actions are independently carried out.
I will contact them...
Thank you.

@kchemist,

In addition to what Simon said here:

I would also caution you about the need to slow down a bit, like I said before your case has only been pending for 2 months which is not outside of a normal DV AOS processing time - your CN was current in March, regardless of when your AOS package was submitted. Remember this conversation we had early in May?

Right now, it seems to me like you're already firing cannon guns all over the place in your attempt to move your case along. You don't want to piss your FO off. For real!
Thanks mom for your suggestion, before I submit the congressional inquiry I asked this specific question from them about pissing them off. What they said was its a simple inquiry about the status and it shouldn't be an issue. Now I m bit more settled as I called and asked from KCC in the morning and they reconfirm the fact that my FO did request the file again day before yesterday and they did send it again on yesterday via email. I have an infopass on 7th of June but one issue that I have is it looks like my FO has appointed an one officer to handle infopass and I keep meeting him during both times and its no use to see him everytime. I was wondering what to do if I see him again this time should I politely request for a for a supervisor or wait until July 27th like they mentioned in the email. I think for the sake of slowing down I should hold on to speaking to a supervisor. But one my biggest worry is not waiting but the risk of mistakenly rejecting the package by FO due to filing early with no time to re-filing. Do you think since my FO is requesting KCC file that risk is not there anymore

Thanks mom for your suggestion, before I submit the congressional inquiry I asked this specific question from them about pissing them off. What they said was its a simple inquiry about the status and it shouldn't be an issue. Now I m bit more settled as I called and asked from KCC in the morning and they reconfirm the fact that my FO did request the file again day before yesterday and they did send it again on yesterday via email. I have an infopass on 7th of June but one issue that I have is it looks like my FO has appointed an one officer to handle infopass and I keep meeting him during both times and its no use to see him everytime. I was wondering what to do if I see him again this time should I politely request for a for a supervisor or wait until July 27th like they mentioned in the email. I think for the sake of slowing down I should hold on to speaking to a supervisor. But one my biggest worry is not waiting but the risk of mistakenly rejecting the package by FO due to filing early with no time to re-filing. Do you think since my FO is requesting KCC file that risk is not there anymore

Well, this is precisely what I mean about firing cannon guns and pissing them off. For a case that's only 2 months pending, you've already gone on 2 INFOPASS appointments, done a congressional inquiry, about to go on a 3rd INFOPASS with the possibility of asking to speak with a supervisor - making it look like they're not doing their job, they're obviously not going to be happy about that. They have lots of other cases they're equally responsible for outside of yours.

Well, this is precisely what I mean about firing cannon guns and pissing them off. For a case that's only 2 months pending, you've already gone on 2 INFOPASS appointments, done a congressional inquiry, about to go on a 3rd INFOPASS with the possibility of asking to speak with a supervisor - making it look like they're not doing their job, they're obviously not going to be happy about that. They have lots of other cases they're equally responsible for outside of yours.
Yes I m not going to ask for a supervisor that I m decided. I m going to 3rd infopass because my husband didnt receive his AP card after 1 month. Its says card is ordered and no shipping notice. Also when we went there officer told us to come back in 30 days if I m yet to receive it. But doing a congressional inquiry IMO helped for them to request my lost KCC file again as they were waiting for it from Feb and they also gave a definite deadline. Thanks for you suggestion I highly appreciate it.

Yes I m not going to ask for a supervisor that I m decided. I m going to 3rd infopass because my husband didnt receive his AP card after 1 month. Its says card is ordered and no shipping notice. Also when we went there officer told us to come back in 30 days if I m yet to receive it. But doing a congressional inquiry IMO helped for them to request my lost KCC file again as they were waiting for it from Feb and they also gave a definite deadline. Thanks for you suggestion I highly appreciate it.

Well, you may believe what I consider a standard response to your congressional inquiry to be the gospel truth. Just so you know, FOs have been known to conduct interviews without the KCC file, so it may not necessarily mean they were indeed waiting for the KCC file before scheduling your interview - even though that's what they wrote to your congress person. And you don't know for certain your previously sent KCC file was lost, that's an assumption on your side.

Yes, the new INFOPASS is justified, no doubt about that, I would do the same thing if I was in your shoes. However what I'm getting at is the fact that the previous 2 INFOPASS appointments and the congressional inquiry were unnecessary as at the time they were made, IMO. And right now, you're obviously concerned with the possibility of meeting the same IO you previously met and wondering about how to handle the encounter.

chillaz-english-memegenerator.jpg

Well, you may believe what I consider a standard response to your congressional inquiry to be the gospel truth. Just so you know, FOs have been known to conduct interviews without the KCC file, so it may not necessarily mean they were indeed waiting for the KCC file before scheduling your interview - even though that's what they wrote to your congress person. And you don't know for certain your previously sent KCC file was lost, that's an assumption on your side.

Yes, the new INFOPASS is justified, no doubt about that, I would do the same thing if I was in your shoes. However what I'm getting at is the fact that the previous 2 INFOPASS appointments and the congressional inquiry were unnecessary as at the time they were made, IMO. And right now, you're obviously concerned with the possibility of meeting the same IO you previously met and wondering about how to handle the encounter.
I m sort of 100% sure I m going to meet the same person. But he is the same person who told me to come back in 30 days.

Hello,
I have a question about AOS fees, the $1070 should be together or $985 and $85 should be separate? I mean the amount in the check!

Hi all,

The below is the timeline of my case
Current: May
USDOS Fees paid on 3/5/2016
Lockbox: 4/2/16
NOA: 4/4/16
Bio: 4/23/16
Bio walk in: 5/12/16
Before even the Bio is done we have received the interview letter, is it normal?
Interview letter: 5/6/16
Interview: 6/2/16

our Interview is set on this Thursday, Any advises or ideas in order to prepare ahead for the interview?