• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

If you travel out and your cards 'are held up for some reason', you obviously can't be admitted back with just the the Welcome letter. You've waited this long to come this far, what's wrong with waiting a few more days/weeks to get the actual cards?

Anyway, if indeed you must travel before receiving the GC, you may be able to get your passport stamped at your FO - the stamp is a temporary GC.
Thanks mom! Absolutely, not going to do anything silly at this point. Just wondering if the stamp thing was a viable option. Sounds like I will just continue to be patient :)

You will not get a response asking for clarification on the error on your I-485 and if your package is being rejected, it takes a bit longer for the package to be returned.

Thanks @Sm1smom again for all your help.

This morning I got the text and email saying that my case was received (with the receipt number) and now I have to wait for the hard copy to get by mail. It also said "case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing." So far so good.

My check was also cashed today.

Here is a timeline of my process:
Case Numer: SA11XX
Current: May bulletin (Actual June)
Lockbox: 5/2/16
NOA: 5/19/16 (Text/Email)

Thanks again for all the help and will keep you posted. I will continue to try to follow up about my error now that I have a receipt number.

Thanks @Sm1smom again for all your help.

This morning I got the text and email saying that my case was received (with the receipt number) and now I have to wait for the hard copy to get by mail. It also said "case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing." So far so good.

My check was also cashed today.

Here is a timeline of my process:
Case Numer: SA11XX
Current: May bulletin (Actual June)
Lockbox: 5/2/16
NOA: 5/19/16 (Text/Email)

Thanks again for all the help and will keep you posted. I will continue to try to follow up about my error now that I have a receipt number.

That's great. Now that you have a tracking number, you can give the CSC a call and see if they will make the correction over the phone for you, or ask for guidance on what you need to do to correct that so that your FO doesn't end up denying your case without an interview.

Hey,
I'm a selectee of DV2016, I'm in the U.S. with my wife and kids on a F-1 visa. I'm hoping to do an AOS. Can you kindly let me know if I need a I-134 or a I-864 or any type of affidavit of support? Also should I include it with the AOS packet, or just take it to the interview?

Thanks.

Hey,
I'm a selectee of DV2016, I'm in the U.S. with my wife and kids on a F-1 visa. I'm hoping to do an AOS. Can you kindly let me know if I need a I-134 or a I-864 or any type of affidavit of support? Also should I include it with the AOS packet, or just take it to the interview?

Thanks.

I-134
- It's better to include it with the AOS package.

Hi Mom,

Is it okay to issue just one personal check to pay filing fee for 1 - 485 for all four of us or we each case needs a separate check?

Thanks

@Sm1smom

Mom! I desperately need your help. I went to the interview on 11 May and I updated the forum about it. My kid's file was sent to the wrong office. That's why the FO couldn't make a decision that day.
We're asylum pending and today we received a notice to appear for asylum interview on August. Now we really don't know what's going on!
We really need your insight on this one.

Thank you in advance.

Today I got an email that "we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXX. We will mail your approval notice." Does it mean that it's done? Is it the welcome letter? Do I get my GC soon?

Today I got an email that "we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXX. We will mail your approval notice." Does it mean that it's done? Is it the welcome letter? Do I get my GC soon?
Lol. It feels impossible to believe that it's over after a long and stressful wait but yes, you are finally green! The status may or may not change to CPO, "We mailed your card", "Post office picked up your document" etc. but either way, you'll get your card soon! Congrats :)

And yes, the approval notice is the welcome letter.

Lol. It feels impossible to believe that it's over after a long and stressful wait but yes, you are finally green! The status may or may not change to CPO, "We mailed your card", "Post office picked up your document" etc. but either way, you'll get your card soon! Congrats :)

And yes, the approval notice is the welcome letter.
Thanks beau! Yeah! It's hard to believe. It took almost 8 months!

Hi Mom,

Is it okay to issue just one personal check to pay filing fee for 1 - 485 for all four of us or we each case needs a separate check?

Thanks

While issuing one check is okay, we typically recommend an individual check for each case. Having an individual check accompanying each case will ensure all the petitions do not get sent back together from the Lockbox if there's an issue with one (of course that's as long as the issue is not with the PA's case).

@Sm1smom

Mom! I desperately need your help. I went to the interview on 11 May and I updated the forum about it. My kid's file was sent to the wrong office. That's why the FO couldn't make a decision that day.
We're asylum pending and today we received a notice to appear for asylum interview on August. Now we really don't know what's going on!
We really need your insight on this one.

Thank you in advance.

Like I've posted over and over again, I typically don't give guidance on none DV related issues.

However, having said that, I'm not sure why you're alarmed over the new interview request. You have two different petitions in the system, for as long as your DV petition hasn't been approved, there's no reason for them to not schedule and invite you for your asylum interview if you're next in line. If your DV petition is yet to be approved by August, then you attend the interview as scheduled and present your case like you were planning to prior to being a DV selectee.

Of course, you can still schedule an INFOPASS, prior to the new interview date, to follow up on your DV case.

In shock and disbelieve, I suppose? :p Yes, you get your GC soon.

@Sm1smom

Thank you very much for your response. I didn't know where to post this because it entails DV and Asylum.
Next time I'll post it elsewhere.
Thanks again

We just received a denial letter due to early filing. We filed in march and we are current this month.
The letter says we can appeal using form I-290B but my question is, can we just send all the documents again, as a new application?
Thanks mom!

We just received a denial letter due to early filing. We filed in march and we are current this month.
The letter says we can appeal using form I-290B but my question is, can we just send all the documents again, as a new application?
Thanks mom!

I assume you filed after the VB was published in March - correct? If so, the FO have denied you incorrectly. You should look for an Infopass ASAP or try to contact the FO. See what Mom says, but personally I think it would be best to get the FO to reverse their decision. That might mean filing the I-290 form - but others have managed to get a reversal by PROMPTLY contacting the FO - and discussing the early filing policy with them.

I assume you filed after the VB was published in March - correct? If so, the FO have denied you incorrectly. You should look for an Infopass ASAP or try to contact the FO. See what Mom says, but personally I think it would be best to get the FO to reverse their decision. That might mean filing the I-290 form - but others have managed to get a reversal by PROMPTLY contacting the FO - and discussing the early filing policy with them.
Yes we filed after the VB was published. I'll go to the FO next monday and see if they let us talk to someone... the earliest infopass available is june 4...
I think the most important thing here is what's faster, if sending all the application again or filing I-290B...

Wow! Finally you got it! Congratulations

Thanks mom!

That sucks! Try visit your FO ASAP, request to speak with a supervisor if the IO you initially speak with it isn't being helpful.

If you don't want to go through the stress of trying to get the FO to reverse that decision, then you file a new petition by sending in a new AOS package with current medical report and all the associated fee.

Yes we filed after the VB was published. I'll go to the FO next monday and see if they let us talk to someone... the earliest infopass available is june 4...
I think the most important thing here is what's faster, if sending all the application again or filing I-290B...

Filing an I-290B is definitely NOT the way to go in this case. The appeal process takes about 1-2 years to complete, not a viable option in a DV case.

Making an oral appeal in the form of visiting FO and trying to reason with them is an option. Resubmitting the petition afresh is another option.