• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi Mom.

I sent my case to Chicago Lockbox at Feb 29.
They sent me NOA's.
After that i wait more than two weeks for Bio Letter. I checked timeliness everyone get in 10 to 12 days.Is this regular time for Biometrics?

And no action on my case status. didn't fine my case number

Hi Mom.

They sent me NOA's.
After that i wait more than two weeks for Bio Letter. I checked timeliness everyone get in 10 to 12 days.Is this regular time for Biometrics?

Ours took more than 1 month I believe so don't worry.

Hi Mom.

They sent me NOA's.

The timelines shows an average of 15 days to receive the bio notice from when a case file is officially accepted, (not from the date when the case was sent or delivered). Could be a couple of days more, could be less, but so far there doesn't seem to be anything unusual regarding your case.

Hi Mom.

They sent me NOA's.

Just as a heads up, your online case status will very likely stay as "Finger print fees was received" until after you interview.

Email KCC, they should have a scanned copy which they may be willing to email back.
Thank you Mom!!

I finished the interview today. Here is my experience for everyone's reference:

The officer asked me to swear to tell the truth in the beginning.
He went through my information on i-485, and I gave him the confirmation letter of my address change from USCIS since I moved recently.
Also he asked if I entered the US after I submitted the package, so I gave him the copy of my latest I-94 since I had short trips out of the US before the interview.

It's not long. Maybe around 10-15 minutes. He didn't say it's approved, but he mentioned the green card will be delivered in 4-6 weeks.
After the interview, my case status on line is changed to "Case Was Approved"
Will keep updating the process on the google document! Thanks for this forum!

Hi mom,
I just came back from info pass appointment. (IV on Jan 6th, wife and son got GC in one wk, my status stuck at fingerprint fee)
They told me that file is still at Chicago office (where I had my IV) and decision has not been made yet, I asked about background check and he told me that he does not have access to that information, only thing he could tell me that they did something with my file on March 23rd but he doesn't know what, he also mentioned that he would send an inquiry about my case, and same old suggestion that if I don't hear anything back from them in 2 months then come back. :-(

Hi everyone :)
Just an update about my case. I'm still waiting for the IL. I attended my fingerprints appointment on December 7, 2015. My USCIS field office is San Francisco since I live in Berkeley, CA. I spoke to my lawyer and he said that is completely useless to schedule any INFOPASS before being over the standard processing time, that is (in his opinion) 6 months after filing the case. So he discouraged me to schedule any INFOPASS until May 4, the day where my case will reach 6 months since USCIS received my file. In that day he will try to call the USCIS to ask to give priority to my case since is DV based.
Honestly I'm very pissed off. I don't know if it's a problem of San Francisco or what, but I'm starting to be worried and the lawyer told me that we can't do anything besides wait, because we are dealing with the government so "it is what it is". He also discouraged me to switch to consulate processing (which I agree arrived at this point).
According the published timelines, as of January 31 2016, the last approved case has filing date June 11, 2015. So if the USCIS wouldn't give priority to DV cases, according to the speed they are having, they will probably arrive to my case at the end of September, that is the end of the fiscal year. I was told by many lawyers to expect a DV case to be completed in 4-6 months but instead I will be lucky if I will get the GC in 8-9 months!
I just would like to know your opinion, since I see that many of you guys are scheduling INFOPASS appointments. Since it's a matter of another month, I will probably wait until May 4 as my lawyer suggested, but I have the feeling that I'm just loosing time for nothing.

Just an update about my case. I'm still waiting for the IL. I attended my fingerprints appointment on December 7, 2015. My USCIS field office is San Francisco since I live in Berkeley, CA. I spoke to my lawyer and he said that is completely useless to schedule any INFOPASS before being over the standard processing time, that is (in his opinion) 6 months after filing the case. So he discouraged me to schedule any INFOPASS until May 4, the day where my case will reach 6 months since USCIS received my file. In that day he will try to call the USCIS to ask to give priority to my case since is DV based.
Honestly I'm very pissed off. I don't know if it's a problem of San Francisco or what, but I'm starting to be worried and the lawyer told me that we can't do anything besides wait, because we are dealing with the government so "it is what it is". He also discouraged me to switch to consulate processing (which I agree arrived at this point).
According the published timelines, as of January 31 2016, the last approved case has filing date June 11, 2015. So if the USCIS wouldn't give priority to DV cases, according to the speed they are having, they will probably arrive to my case at the end of September, that is the end of the fiscal year. I was told by many lawyers to expect a DV case to be completed in 4-6 months but instead I will be lucky if I will get the GC in 8-9 months!
I just would like to know your opinion, since I see that many of you guys are scheduling INFOPASS appointments. Since it's a matter of another month, I will probably wait until May 4 as my lawyer suggested, but I have the feeling that I'm just loosing time for nothing.

Your lawyer is useless.

I'm at the San Diego Field Office. The Processing time here should be 5 months, but after moving the office it looks more like 8 months. I'm still not super worried, because that means I should get the GC by Mid-July. That would be the same for you, right? I was told by a field officer at the San Diego office to come by as often as I can to speed up the process because they touch the file every single time you're there. Britsimon is as always right, and I think your lawyer is wrong ;-). Go for the Infopass ASAP, and as often as possible ;-). Which is btw also what I was told by my immigration attorney (who is a friend and therefore for free :-D).

For things you know for sure that will not hurt your case, i.e InfoPass, just do whatever you feel is right. Go for the InfoPass to at least know that you've done what you can do to potentially expedite the process. Even if it doesn't change anything, you'd at least know you tried.

Also, after going over the spread sheets from previous years, FOs tend to start prioritizing DV cases towards the end of the FY. Just as a note.

In any case, hope you get your IL very soon!

Thank you for the replies and the wishes :) Should be middle of July but I tried to calculate how long they takes (according to the published timelines) and they are covering 19 days every month. This means that to arrive to approve my case (filed on November 2) I need to wait September 25. Of course this is an estimation that I'm doing. And is also not taking into an account that I'm under a DV based case. Funny that my lawyer was really mad when I asked because he said that we cannot speed up the government and since we choose the AoS that I was warned in advance that we might take very long time and we do not have any guarantee to finish before September 30. He said that is more than 20 years that is doing AoS (obviously most of these cases are not DV based) and he knows how to proceed and when to call and that I hired him for that so I should just forget everything and let him work on that. The "little" problem is that my future depends on this so I don't want surprises.

Thank you for the replies and the wishes :) Should be middle of July but I tried to calculate how long they takes (according to the published timelines) and they are covering 19 days every month. This means that to arrive to approve my case (filed on November 2) I need to wait September 25. Of course this is an estimation that I'm doing. And is also not taking into an account that I'm under a DV based case. Funny that my lawyer was really mad when I asked because he said that we cannot speed up the government and since we choose the AoS that I was warned in advance that we might take very long time and we do not have any guarantee to finish before September 30. He said that is more than 20 years that is doing AoS (obviously most of these cases are not DV based) and he knows how to proceed and when to call and that I hired him for that so I should just forget everything and let him work on that. The "little" problem is that my future depends on this so I don't want surprises.

With all due respect, at the end of the day, you're the client and you're the one who is paying. So if he gets angry when you have reasonable requests/concerns/questions, kindly tell him to cut the BS and do whatever he can do :D

Yes but obviously I payed him in advance, that's why any single call or email is an extra work for him. He told me will do whatever he can do but starting from May 4 because doing something before would just be a loss of time. As said, he think we would just sent back after 5 minutes (at an INFOPASS appointment) since we are still under standard processing times. I just think that is crazy that we filed at the beginning of November and we will arrive close to deadline to get approved. This is crazy, really.

You're obviously not paying enough attention to what's being discussed in this forum. Again, the government published timeline is not applicable to DV cases, which is why we have the timelines specific to DV cases in this forum. That's the timelines others are referencing not the government one that shows 15 cases/month.

You're obviously not paying enough attention to what's being discussed in this forum. Again, the government published timeline is not applicable to DV cases, which is why we have the timelines specific to DV cases in this forum. That's the timelines others are referencing not the government one that shows 15 cases/month.
Hi mom :) Yes I'm checking the timelines in this forum as well, but there are very few cases with San Francisco as FO. The other FO's timelines are totally different. Some people got the IL by filing in January which is incredible

Yes but obviously I payed him in advance, that's why any single call or email is an extra work for him. He told me will do whatever he can do but starting from May 4 because doing something before would just be a loss of time. As said, he think we would just sent back after 5 minutes (at an INFOPASS appointment) since we are still under standard processing times. I just think that is crazy that we filed at the beginning of November and we will arrive close to deadline to get approved. This is crazy, really.

And I remember we once asked you why you needed your lawyer to schedule an INFOPASS in the first place. You can either proactively choose to follow up on your case or your own or continue to listen to your lawyer while monitoring an online process which is not relevant to your case.

Hi mom :) Yes I'm checking the timelines in this forum as well, but there are very few cases with San Francisco as FO. The other FO's timelines are totally different. Some people got the IL by filing in January which is incredible

Have you checked the timelines for the past couple of years also or you're simply looking at the one for this year?

Also we did discuss that the SF FO has the tendency to bunch DV based AOS cases together over a period of time.

Have you checked the timelines for the past couple of years also or you're simply looking at the one for this year?

Also we did discuss that the SF FO has the tendency to bunch DV based AOS cases together over a period of time.

Mom is exactly right. My own case (in SF FO) was like that. However, if anyone reads about my frustrating infopass appointment it is clear that my infopass did result in some action - as we have seen multiple times. My interview notice arrived a few days after my infopass as well as a follow up from the IO that I educated and questioned on the day of my infopass. And whilst they had told me during my infopass (which was in early August), that I would not be interviewed in August, I was told that I would be scheduled for "some time" in September. My interview was set as the very first appointment of the first working day of September - and I don't think that would have been the case if my infopass had not happened.

I also spent long enough at the infopass (well over one hour), to figure out what they did and did not know about my case, which I think is a useful "checklist" to help people conduct their own infopass.

Lastly Kent, perhaps you should pose this question to your lawyer. How is it possible that a case becoming current in September can complete by the 9/30 deadline. According to your lawyer, that should not be possible. Last year, we had at least two cases that only became current in September - and I believe one was approved on September 12.