• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Thanks for the information EURO2014. I see what you are talking about and it makes sense to me. The only thing to clear up here is I do not want to file another 485 concurrently with my 140 while my DV based 485 is still pending. The idea is just to file 140 while waiting for my DV based 485 results, as 140's process will take several months, and in case I miss the FY for the DV case, I file another 485 based on the approved 140. That way I will buy sometime for myself while waiting for DV based AoS. With this in mind, do you still think it is not a good idea?

Rather than go through this entirely complicated approach, which quite frankly probably needs legal advice as the best versed AOS people here can't help you, why don't you start with an infopass to try find out why your DV case is taking so long?

And that's what I don't want to get into.
Mom, how about applying for OPT after FY finishes without a GC. How possible would it be to have our OPT denied because with have had immigration intention? Sorry, I am not pessimistic and know that it is better to bring in positive thoughts in this forum as people here have enough of tension. Rather, I am just trying to see what are the possible options to make wise decisions.

Rather than go through this entirely complicated approach, which quite frankly probably needs legal advice as the best versed AOS people here can't help you, why don't you start with an infopass to try find out why your DV case is taking so long?
Hey @SusieQQQ. Believe me or not, I have gone through 3 infopasses since Dec with nothing tangible in return and have decided to leave it to go with its own flow. Hopefully it will get back to me soon!!!! In the mean time, I am trying to evaluate the other possible ways to not let the time run out.

Hey @SusieQQQ. Believe me or not, I have gone through 3 infopasses since Dec with nothing tangible in return and have decided to leave it to go with its own flow. Hopefully it will get back to me soon!!!! In the mean time, I am trying to evaluate the other possible ways to not let the time run out.

The time won't run out. Relax.

Mom, how about applying for OPT after FY finishes without a GC. How possible would it be to have our OPT denied because with have had immigration intention? Sorry, I am not pessimistic and know that it is better to bring in positive thoughts in this forum as people here have enough of tension. Rather, I am just trying to see what are the possible options to make wise decisions.

I'm glad you understand my reluctance to comment on the NIW petition - I don't want to simply copy and paste what the rules/law says without being able to fully explain what is what.

Now, to your OPT question, assuming your AOS petition gets denied, and you qualify for and apply for OPT after that, I see no reason for the OPT to be denied.

Technically speaking, it's not like you're applying for a new status or trying to process a change of status, you're basically asking to be granted something you're entitled to at that point in time. So you should be fine, should it come to that.

Relax dude, you have 7 more months. If theres anyone who should worry they should be the people who is yet to become current or predicted to become current in Aug, Sept.

I'm glad you understand my reluctance to comment on the NIW petition - I don't want to simply copy and paste what the rules/law says without being able to fully explain what is what.

Now, to your OPT question, assuming your AOS petition gets denied, and you qualify for and apply for OPT after that, I see no reason for the OPT to be denied.

Technically speaking, it's not like you're applying for a new status or trying to process a change of status, you're basically asking to be granted something you're entitled to at that point in time. So you should be fine, should it come to that.
Right. Also, it would be difficult to construe a case where somebody eligible for post graduate OPT would be granted I-140 National Interest Waiver. The whole thing, other than a straight forward I-20 OPT application, would probably just serve to complicate DV AoS with apriori low chances of parallel I-140 NIW process.

Hello everyone,
My husband and I had our biometric on February 1st and till today which is March 7th we didn't receive interview letter. I know it's not unusual but I just wanted to ask when is the best time for infopass? Should we wait to reach 2 months of waiting or what?
Thanks

Hello everyone,
My husband and I had our biometric on February 1st and till today which is March 7th we didn't receive interview letter. I know it's not unusual but I just wanted to ask when is the best time for infopass? Should we wait to reach 2 months of waiting or what?
Thanks

There's no set time for following up with an FO. What you want to do for now is to check the timelines spreadsheet which may give you an idea of how long it typically takes your FO to process DV based AOS cases. Of course, there's nothing stopping you now if you want to go ahead and schedule an INFOPASS appointment.

Hey guys. Does anyone know how I can meet with/contact my congressman? I submitted a request in his website few days ago but no response yet. I want to call with phone or go there in person to meet with him or his representatives.

Hey guys. Does anyone know how I can meet with/contact my congressman? I submitted a request in his website few days ago but no response yet. I want to call with phone or go there in person to meet with him or his representatives.

Give them a call, and if there's still no response, pay them a visit.

Thank you Mom. I need a more specific answer like any website or something similar? Other than their own website which is kinda messy.

Who would you imagine could provide better response than contacting the congressman's office directly (as Mom suggested)?

Who would you imagine could provide better response than contacting the congressman's office directly (as Mom suggested)?
Ok, I have already done it before but it has been useless. I will do it again since it seems that there isn't any website more specific.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you Mom. I need a more specific answer like any website or something similar? Other than their own website which is kinda messy.

What other specific website? :rolleyes: Each congress person's website is specifically own and built by their people (or their assigned agents). You should ideally pick up the phone and give them a call, it's really that simple!