• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

good step forward ..wish you luck ...do you remember when you submitted your stuff and did the bio? and did you get the 2NL
thank you! it's all in the 2016 timeline, but here is my personal timeline:

Sent DV payment 06/17/15
Received DV payment 06/30/15
Package sent 10/01/15
Package delivered 10/03/15
Check Cashed 10/13/15
USCIS notification 10/13/15
NOA letter 10/17/15
Bio letter recvd 10/24/15
2NL - email 10/27/15
Bio date 11/04/15
interview letter recvd 12/05/15
interview 01/21/16

Hello,
I received my interview letter today and it will be on DEC 21. However, my case status has not been updated either. As I witnessed that happened to other people before, I was kind of expecting this too. I hope that this is normal. I also hope that I can get the results before Christmas or New Year.

2015 has been a very important year for me; so many ups and downs. I had very sad times (unbelievable things happened), I also had very happy times. I am graduating this year (defended my dissertation on DEC 1) and hopefully I will pass my GC interview before the year ends. It has been a decade since I first arrived in this country; I missed my mother :( Finally, with God's help, I will be able to see her soon.

This blog has been a blessing to me...

makes two of us today! Congrats on defending your dissertation! that's huge. I'm sure you will get your GC as a Christmas present! My interview is not as soon as yours, but at least now i have a date. Good luck on the interview and i'm sure you will be just fine!

Aww... Congrats to all who already have their interview scheduled! I'm still waiting for mine. Also haven't been home for a long time

Dear Mom, I attached the DV winning notification letter to the back of the I485, is that OK?

I don't know if that's okay or not. However if you refer back to the cover letter which I linked you to in response to one of your previous questions, you should have noticed I listed the DV selectee notification letter before the I-485 - an indication of how I would have arranged my documents if I was a selectee filing AOS.

what is the acceptance text or email in the timeline spreadsheet? I am afraid it is something else I am missing

I don't know if that's okay or not. However if you refer back to the cover letter which I linked you to in response to one of your previous questions, you should have noticed I listed the DV selectee notification letter before the I-485 - an indication of how I would have arranged my documents if I was a selectee filing AOS.
Ok Great thanks for the reply

what is the acceptance text or email in the timeline spreadsheet? I am afraid it is something else I am missing

If you included form G-1145 with your AOS package and your included your email address/mobile phone number on the form, you would have received an email notification or text message (or both) when USCIS formally accepted your package.

@bludragon
Thank you very much for your kind message. Your interview is soon too; I wish you all the best and good luck for the interview.

@jjjess
Thank you very much. I hope that you will receive your letter soon and you will be able to visit your home too.

I will be praying for all of us...

If you included form G-1145 with your AOS package and your included your email address/mobile phone number on the form, you would have received an email notification or text message (or both) when USCIS formally accepted your package.
Thank you for your reply. No I haven't included that. I wish I knew about the forum before submitting the package:(

Hello everyone 2NL update

I talked to KCC and they told me they do not usually send a second email. so if you have not received your second email do not panic. Just call them to ask whether the FO requested your files or not.
I also asked about the early submission for the package, she said I can send my stuff as soon as the DV results are out if I know my CN is on October. however, the process itself won't start until that time not before. so for example, if you send your package in May, you need until October to schedule your interview. Just make sure that your number is current in October.
for my case I need to check with FO for the delay :(

I hope that helps

Hello everyone 2NL update

I talked to KCC and they told me they do not usually send a second email. so if you have not received your second email do not panic. Just call them to ask whether the FO requested your files or not.
I also asked about the early submission for the package, she said I can send my stuff as soon as the DV results are out if I know my CN is on October. however, the process itself won't start until that time not before. so for example, if you send your package in May, you need until October to schedule your interview. Just make sure that your number is current in October.
for my case I need to check with FO for the delay :(

I hope that helps

Thanks for sharing what you were told by KCC. However, it's nothing new though, it's been reported by others in the past and the sad part is most of what KCC tells AOSers on the phone is not correct, just like they've told you.

KCC always tell AOSers they don't send 2NL, not true. They do send it.

Send stuff as soon as the DV results are out? Absolutely not correct! Going by the scenario you gave above as in sending in your package for instance in May if you have a very low number which is likely to become current in Oct, and simply wait until Oct to get scheduled for an interview. I guarantee that package will be rejected by the Chicago Lockbox, it will not make its way to your FO, talk less of waiting to be scheduled for an interview in October. The earliest an AOS package should be sent in is two months - based on the CN falling under the posted numbers on the Advanced Notification section of the VB. And there's no guarantee the petition can still not be rejected/denied based on that.

And by the way, FOs cannot request for the KCC file if one hasn't submitted their AOS package. It is important to clarify at what stage in the process people can do that.

I have read the Interview tab on the Google Doc, but just want to confirm - if nothing has changed since I submitted my package, when I go to my interview, I should take with me:

- a copy of everything that I submitted in my package
- a print out of my 2NL (since I didn't have that yet when I submitted), my stamped biometrics confirmation letter, and my interview date/time letter
- my original birth certificate along with my passport and valid E3 visa
- a copy of my most recent pay stubs (x3 months worth) since the ones I originally submitted are now old
Am I missing anything?

Thanks for sharing what you were told by KCC. However, it's nothing new though, it's been reported by others in the past and the sad part is most of what KCC tells AOSers on the phone is not correct, just like they've told you.

KCC always tell AOSers they don't send 2NL, not true. They do send it.

Send stuff as soon as the DV results are out? Absolutely not correct! Going by the scenario you gave above as in sending in your package for instance in May if you have a very low number which is likely to become current in Oct, and simply wait until Oct to get scheduled for an interview. I guarantee that package will be rejected by the Chicago Lockbox, it will not make its way to your FO, talk less of waiting to be scheduled for an interview in October. The earliest an AOS package should be sent in is two months - based on the CN falling under the posted numbers on the Advanced Notification section of the VB. And there's no guarantee the petition can still not be rejected/denied based on that.

And by the way, FOs cannot request for the KCC file if one hasn't submitted their AOS package. It is important to clarify at what stage in the process people can do that.
I am sorry if this may cause any confusion. I will go to infopass and see if there is any other updates.
so now how I am supposed to get the second email if she told me that they already sent my files to FO ..I am even more confused. I will see what the FO says

I have read the Interview tab on the Google Doc, but just want to confirm - if nothing has changed since I submitted my package, when I go to my interview, I should take with me:

- a copy of everything that I submitted in my package
- a print out of my 2NL (since I didn't have that yet when I submitted), my stamped biometrics confirmation letter, and my interview date/time letter
- my original birth certificate along with my passport and valid E3 visa
- a copy of my most recent pay stubs (x3 months worth) since the ones I originally submitted are now old
Am I missing anything?

Original version of all the supporting documents sent with the package (in addition to having copies on hand, just in case). If you have an approved AP card, take it along. Current bank statements. Any other thing you think you personally consider pertinent to your case. The list we've put together on the spreadsheet is basically a guide.

I am sorry if this may cause any confusion. I will go to infopass and see if there is any other updates.
so now how I am supposed to get the second email if she told me that they already sent my files to FO ..I am even more confused. I will see what the FO says

It's possible the 2NL could have been sent and it went into your spam box. It's possible they haven't sent it and they're just getting ready to. It's possible you might end up being one of the few that gets overlooked and they wouldn't send it. It really wouldn't make any much, if any, difference at this point in time for you. If you receive it before your interview, you simply take it along. If you never receive it, it's fine, no need to sweat the none receipt and you don't, (no, make that 'you can't) do anything to make KCC send it.

The 2NL has no relevance to when the KCC file gets sent to the FO. It's a good thing the file has been sent, getting the file sent for DV 2015 guys was a major headache. And the fact that your FO already requested the KCC file indicates they're on top of things, it's a good sign.

Original version of all the supporting documents sent with the package (in addition to having copies on hand, just in case). If you have an approved AP card, take it along. Current bank statements. Any other thing you think you personally consider pertinent to your case. The list we've put together on the spreadsheet is basically a guide.

I'd originally sent copies of my degrees and all my high school/university academic records in my package, will this suffice? I don't actually have my original bachelors degree here with me in the USA.

I'd originally sent copies of my degrees and all my high school/university academic records in my package, will this suffice? I don't actually have my original bachelors degree here with me in the USA.

The expectation is for one to have on hand (at the time of the interview), the original version of any document sent in in support of an immigration petition. The IO may or may not request to see them. It's possible they may not ask you for the original of your bachelors degree, you'll find out when you show up for your interview. (And if it's possible to send for it before your interview date, you may want to look into that).

Oh just received the call from doctor, I overcame my biggest fear up to now (I m sure many more will come in the process). My TB test is negative, I requested a blood test instead of skin test due to my extensive work with TB during my Ph.D. I was worried I may get positive result.

Hey Mom! I am wondering if it will be wrong to staple all the various forms separately or do I have to use paper clips to hold the different forms and supporting documents. Eg. Form I-485 Stapled, G-325A Staple, I-134 Stapled or do I have to paper clip the various forms?

Hey Mom! I am wondering if it will be wrong to staple all the various forms separately or do I have to use paper clips to hold the different forms and supporting documents. Eg. Form I-485 Stapled, G-325A Staple, I-134 Stapled or do I have to paper clip the various forms?

Avoid stapling the forms. Use paper clips for each set.