• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Yeah i really don't want my patronymic name listed on GC, and since my passport doesn't list my patronymic name i only used my first and last name everywhere since i have been in US. I will just leave the DS-260 as it is then, but do i need to include my patronymic name as Other names in I-485? My initial DV-entry form has my patronymic name in the middle name box.

Yes, list it as Other Names

Yeah you are right, it is a good idea to list it as other names because my birth certificate and high school diploma has my patronymic name as well in addition to my first and last names.
Thank you very much :)

Hello Simon and Mom, with this new 2NL system, I was thinking it might be helpful to add two more columns to the timeline one for the 260 submission (or resubmission) time and one for the actual 2NL.

Two additional columns have been added to the 2016 Timeline spreadsheet for the DS-260 submission date and 2NL receipt date. These columns have been added to the extreme right hand side of the spreadsheet.

I am really surprised nobody has got the interview date yet. My interview is 20 days from today. I am scared if I did little early for everything or my FO did everything early.

Hi Guys,
I am sorry if it has been asked before. I really could not find the answer. My question is about form I-485 Part 2. Which boxes should be checked for me (the winner) and my wife?
thanks,
Saeid.

Hi Guys,
I am sorry if it has been asked before. I really could not find the answer. My question is about form I-485 Part 2. Which boxes should be checked for me (the winner) and my wife?
thanks,
Saeid.

'H' for winner/selectee, and you will need to write something like 'DV Lottery Winner. Selectee Notification Letter attached' in front of it.

'B' for all the derivatives

Still haven't received my 2NL but have received my acceptance texts and NOA Letter... guessing this shouldn't create any issues down the track?

There is a column in the Timeline spreadsheet; Field office. How can I know where is my field office? I didn't mention it in any forms.

There is a column in the Timeline spreadsheet; Field office. How can I know where is my field office? I didn't mention it in any forms.

There's a tab on the AOS process spreadsheet with links listed. One of those links has information on how to find your FO and ASC.

Mom, I m trying to update the spreadsheet for 2NL, but I cant seem to access the dv AOS information google doc file. Its says I need to get permission. I dont understand all this time I had no problem with accessing the file.

Hi, Mom!
I've been wondering... It seems like the majority of applicants get a case update within a week after biometrics (either "ready to schedule an interview" or RFE). It's been 11 days since my biometrics appt and I didn't get any update on mine. Is it just me being too nervous or is that indeed uncommon?

Hi, Mom!
I've been wondering... It seems like the majority of applicants get a case update within a week after biometrics (either "ready to schedule an interview" or RFE). It's been 11 days since my biometrics appt and I didn't get any update on mine. Is it just me being too nervous or is that indeed uncommon?

I don't know of any DV based AOSer that has ever reported seeing a "ready to schedule an interview" or RFE update following their biometrics. AFAIK, there's no case update until after a decision is made after the interview. Plus for the 2016 set, of all the people that have done their bio, only one person has reported receiving their interview letter and most have done the bio well over 2-3 weeks ago.

1. what is long form birth certificate. I only have one kind. Similar to this. This should work right?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. what is long form birth certificate. I only have one kind. Similar to this. This should work right?

Dude, ask the moderators to remove that if you can't edit it out. Never put all your personal info on the internet like that.

(but yes that is long form. If your country do a computer version nowadays it may be better to get one of those.)

I pulled this image from Google Images. It isn't my information. Let me know if you want me to delete it. We left SierraLeone when we were small. But will check if computer version is available.