• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello again Sm1smom and thank you for your quick answer.
Sorry to bother you again I have another questions:

In the I-485 form the last two boxes of part 1:
1. Current USCIS STATUS
How do I know which is my USCIS STATUS?? right now I'm a student with a F-1 visa.
2. Expires on
The box next to the USCIS STATUS is asking the expiration date. Should I use the I-20 date or the visa date?

The last question on behalf of who or which department should the check be directed to?

Once again thank you

Amanda G.

1. F1

2. I-20 date

I-485 Payment:
Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

NOTE: Spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."

Thank you so much mom for the reply. Ok I will put my tax return's document. And I actually didn't put those working experience on I-485 because it was only during OPT. Is this problem? I didn't put on DS-260 and you said it's no problem, so I did same thing to I-485 cause I'm student visa. But just in case I want to make sure if I can do that on I-485 form as well.

And do we need all accepted letter? We can't find them all... But we have all I-20 from previous school to current school. Can I use I-20 only for proof that we are having legal status until now or we have to have both I-20 and accepted letter for all schools?
Thank you again!

Work experience should be listed on the I-485. I'm sure I mentioned the fact that you will be reporting the work experience on your AOS package when I said to not worry about not listing that on the DS260 form.

I-20 is what is required.

Hi guys, I have a few quick questions re filling out the 260, we're currently in the US under E2's issues under our UK passports, and have won the dv based in Australia.

1. We're filling out the 260 online for AoS, and for the question for passport that we intend to immigrate on, do we put the passport info for the UK passport we entered on, or the australian we are getting dv eligibility on? I filled it out with the UK info (as that one has our e2's in it) and then added the aus as a secondary. Is this correct?

2. for the question "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?", do we tick NO (as we weren't required to get any medicals when we got the E2 and moved here from London) or do we tick YES as we'll have them when we get them done for the package? If we tick NO, it asks us why - what would we put here?

Thanks!

Work experience should be listed on the I-485. I'm sure I mentioned the fact that you will be reporting the work experience on your AOS package when I said to not worry about not listing that on the DS260 form.

I-20 is what is required.

Thank you! Sorry actually I meant G-325A. I-485 didn't have place to put work experience. Anyways I will make G-325A again! And you meant I-20 only is fine right? We don't have to have accepted letter if we have I-20?

Just asking this again as I want to mail out my AOS package tomorrow - any help is greatly appreciated:

Was just filling out Form I-131 to submit with my AOS package and am slightly confused about what to write for Part 7 "On a separate sheet of paper, explain how you qualify for an Advance Parole Document, and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of documents you wish considered".

I was going to include a letter from my employer saying why I would need to be out of the country for 4 days in January 2016 - it is for a team building/company cruise our entire company goes on, but not sure what else I need to explain here? Any advice?

Last edited:
Thank you! Sorry actually I meant G-325A. I-485 didn't have place to put work experience. Anyways I will make G-325A again! And you meant I-20 only is fine right? We don't have to have accepted letter if we have I-20?

Work information should be provided with the AOS package.
Again, I-20 is what is required.

Just asking this again as I want to mail out my AOS package tomorrow - any help is greatly appreciated:

Was just filling out Form I-131 to submit with my AOS package and am slightly confused about what to write for Part 7 "On a separate sheet of paper, explain how you qualify for an Advance Parole Document, and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of documents you wish considered".

I was going to include a letter from my employer saying why I would need to be out of the country for 4 days in January 2016 - it is for a team building/company cruise our entire company goes on, but not sure what else I need to explain here? Any advice?

There's no specific guideline on what goes on the the I-131. Just the basic truth of why the AP card is required.

Hi guys, I have a few quick questions re filling out the 260, we're currently in the US under E2's issues under our UK passports, and have won the dv based in Australia.

1. We're filling out the 260 online for AoS, and for the question for passport that we intend to immigrate on, do we put the passport info for the UK passport we entered on, or the australian we are getting dv eligibility on? I filled it out with the UK info (as that one has our e2's in it) and then added the aus as a secondary. Is this correct?

2. for the question "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?", do we tick NO (as we weren't required to get any medicals when we got the E2 and moved here from London) or do we tick YES as we'll have them when we get them done for the package? If we tick NO, it asks us why - what would we put here?

Thanks!

1. It really shouldn't matter. The order in which you've listed them is fine.

2. You should select "No" and state you will have the required vaccines when you undertake your medical exam prior to your interview.

1. It really shouldn't matter. The order in which you've listed them is fine.

2. You should select "No" and state you will have the required vaccines when you undertake your medical exam prior to your interview.

Thanks! Also, just one more: it's asking if I have a A number, I have an EAD with a USCIS number on it, but it doesn't have an A in front of it, I've read this is the same as an a number but if I put it in the form it rejects it and asks me to put an A in front of it. Should I put this number in and just add the A?

Hi all, quick question.
I've gathered all the docs and is about to send to Chicago, but reading The Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing on USCIS website (http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing) I noticed that they recommend to use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications. It means that all the docs have to be punched. I am really hesitating to make holes in the documents since I don't know what size, what distance it has to be made etc. There are plenty of such fasteners of different kind of sizes in the stores! I'm afraid I can make mistake.

Is it OK to use just paperclips to separate forms and heavy clips to hold the whole package? instead of these ACCO fasteners...

I knew that the simplest thing would make me crazy...
Thanks, guys, and good luck to all of us.

Hi all, quick question.
I've gathered all the docs and is about to send to Chicago, but reading The Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing on USCIS website (http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing) I noticed that they recommend to use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications. It means that all the docs have to be punched. I am really hesitating to make holes in the documents since I don't know what size, what distance it has to be made etc. There are plenty of such fasteners of different kind of sizes in the stores! I'm afraid I can make mistake.

Is it OK to use just paperclips to separate forms and heavy clips to hold the whole package? instead of these ACCO fasteners...

I knew that the simplest thing would make me crazy...
Thanks, guys, and good luck to all of us.

Yes paper clips and heavy clips works fine. Take a look at the AOS spreadsheet for different ideas on how to put the package together.

Yes paper clips and heavy clips works fine. Take a look at the AOS spreadsheet for different ideas on how to put the package together.

Thanks! Probably I will go with paperclips...

Just curious, did someone use these ACCO fasteners? if yes, which ones and what was the size of the hole and distance to the holes from the edge?

Hi I am confused about what an NOA is. I sent in my package but I forgot to fill out the form that helps you track everything online. I was looking at the timeline and people have received NOA's and Bio dates. I don't know where to find those things. What is the NOA does it come in the mail?

Hi I am confused about what an NOA is. I sent in my package but I forgot to fill out the form that helps you track everything online. I was looking at the timeline and people have received NOA's and Bio dates. I don't know where to find those things. What is the NOA does it come in the mail?

Take a look at the tab titled "AOS Process" on the AOS spreadsheet - it has the answer yo your questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5