• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

So does this mean going forward, you'll believe what I tell you now? :rolleyes::p

Anyway, glad to know they confirmed what you were already told here :) (see, for those still doubting, we do know what we're saying here :p:p). What she said about not mailing out by Sept 30th and to actually wait till Oct 1st before mailing is BS though. If one decides to use next day courier delivery with the mind of the package arriving at the Chicago Lockbox on Oct 1st (which is what we did back then before the early filing memo release), there's absolutely no ground for denial.

Just to clear the air again about the early filing for those whose CN becomes current in Oct, I strongly encourage them to ensure their package only arrives at the lockbox as from Oct 1st. The reason for this is that the possibility of rejection at the lockbox is rather high, simply because the agents are still busy and focused on handling the present FY (2015) packages, in addition to the fact that the 2016 FY hasn't quite started. Of course that's not to say some 2015 October cases weren't accepted in based on early filing. #justsaying! :)
MOM,
Its not the problem of believe you or not :oops:. I was confused with different answers from people .:confused:

Mom,

The DV payment says to "DV case number noted on the cashier’s check or money order", so after i get the money order from the post office, just write the case number on it with a pen?

Just want to make sure.

Thanks.

Mom,

The DV payment says to "DV case number noted on the cashier’s check or money order", so after i get the money order from the post office, just write the case number on it with a pen?

Just want to make sure.

Thanks.
Or you can ask bank to print it on the check itself

Mom
I have a quick question. I know our FY hasn't started! We thought let usrenew our EAD so we're in the process of renewing EAD because it expires in August. The question is are the asylum pending pay a renewing fee of $380?

Hey Mom - I had to unexpectedly get a new passport last week. My completed DS260 form now has my old passport number on it. Does this mean I need to get it unlocked to adjust my old passport number over to my new one? If so, do I just email the email address on my lottery win letter to do this? Thanks :)

Hey Mom - I had to unexpectedly get a new passport last week. My completed DS260 form now has my old passport number on it. Does this mean I need to get it unlocked to adjust my old passport number over to my new one? If so, do I just email the email address on my lottery win letter to do this? Thanks :)

Since you're processing AOS, updating the passport information isn't necessary. Just leave it as is. You will still be providing information about your passport on your I-485 form anyways.

Mom
I have a quick question. I know our FY hasn't started! We thought let usrenew our EAD so we're in the process of renewing EAD because it expires in August. The question is are the asylum pending pay a renewing fee of $380?

Yes, for a replacement EAD card, you're required to pay the filing fee. That fee is only waived the first in view of the fact that as an asylee, you've not hard the opportunity of working in the U.S. prior to filing for asylum.

I've gone ahead and answered this question, however please note, there's a separate sub-forum for asylum related questions, so for asylum questions not related to DV based AOS, please be sure to post your question there:

http://forums.immigration.com/forums/political-asylum-in-usa.117/

Mom I just got back my DV fee payment receipt. Its the same form I send it with "PAID" rubber stamp. No any other official receipt. Is this what I should expect

Mom!
Thanks for the response. I don't think I'll have more asylum questions in the future except AOS related questions.
Thanks again.

seems a bit, um, low-tech. well, if it says paid, it must be paid :D

Yeah, it may seem low-tech, but the truth is if your name isn't showing up in their system as having paid the DV fee, KCC will definitely not be releasing your file when your FO sends for it.

Dear Mom,
This is my first time in the forum. First of all, I want to thank you all for your help. Your heart is so big that you love to help.

Here is a summary about myself: I am on an F1 visa . I came to the US a while ago. I received scholarships so I got my undergrad, masters and P.hD. here in the US; I have only Fall semester left to complete my doctorate. I am also a graduate research assistant (GRA) at the university. I have never lost my status, have always been legal, paid my taxes on time, and never applied for Green Card ever before. It was kind of not my interest. I didn't know much about DV Lottery either. I found out and entered. So I won the DV 2016. I also got married 4 months before I entered this lottery in 2014. We knew each other for a long time; we met during our masters degree. Actually, it wouldn't have mattered whether before or after we got married because he is a US citizen. And yes, I know that I could have applied through him and gotten my GC by now but that's just not me unfortunately. I have always stood up on my own feet and taken care of myself. No matter what everybody asked me to do, I still waited my time to arrive. Besides, my husband has never searched or read anything regarding immigration law or pursuing GC through marriage. I have read and seen many people going through marriage path as their American partners wanted to help them and supported them. I am not saying he doesn't want to do it, I am saying he just doesn't pay attention to anything regarding immigration or GC. He asked me to do what I need to. He said he will sign all the papers for me. Yet, I didn't want that. Marriage GC is not only for me; I mean I shouldn't walk through this path alone. I thought this should be a couple's thing and I wanted him to be next to me. Besides there is an interview for couples at the end. What would he do there if he doesn't know anything about it at all? He gets board with those things and so I didn't ask him to do anything. When he insisted, I kindly rejected. I did what I have always done best, I took care of my own things. Well, I am not sad at all not going through marriage path; I am sad because he didn't want to understand the importance of his presence and being a part of things that I care. I am very aware that I need to work and support my family when I graduate as I will be no more a GRA. So I first decided of going through national interest waiver (NIW); kind of long and expensive process. Thankfully, I applied for DV 2016 GC lottery and God helped me to win. Right away, I started reading about it. I was so happy that I could spend hours reading and learning. As I read about it, I became more confident with the process. This forum and couple of other online articles/books also helped me a lot. Especially, your excel sheet is fantastic.

So, that was my story. And now I am here and I would like to learn more so I like to ask you some questions as we get closer to 2016 fiscal year, of course if that is fine with you.
My case number is 2016EU00001XXX. I checked the Visa Bulletin and according to statistics my number will be called in October 2015. I registered my DS-260 (for myself) in June 8 (a week ago). I waited because I wanted to learn more and I didn't want to make any mistakes filling the forms. As my husband is already a US citizen, I didn't ask him to send his DS-260; you also previously stated that kind of thing for some one else here in the forum; that US citizens don't need to do anything further. As I am here in the US now, I like to go through AOS, and again thank to your excel sheet. Now I am wondering how long it will take to receive my invoice number to make the payment for DS-260. Do I need to pay for affidavit of support (I-134), Would my situation be easy or difficult? As you see, I am a spouse of a US citizen; would this make things even harder? They might wonder why I didn't choose the marriage GC instead of the lottery. They might wonder why I waited that long (a year) while other people apply for GC right the next day? Please let me know if you have any suggestions regarding this matter, I would greatly appreciate them. I hope one day I can help others too.

Again, thank you so very much for your time and help, as well as your guidance that you may be able to provide. I also apologize very much for my long message.