• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hello guys in here, for those of you who are still on AP, please remain hopeful until the last moment. I've been there and I got cleared on the last day of the the FY, on September 30! so nothing is impossible. Good luck to all of you!

We have sent our passports and renewed medicals yesterday to the Embassy. How many people do we still have on AP by now?

Man am still on AP and status hasn't changed yet. As time draws closer I pray that the almighty intervenes and get me cleared

The embassy requested for our passports to finalize our cases. We are so happy. But when I check on the ceac,it still shows AP. I don't know what it means.

The embassy requested for our passports to finalize our cases. We are so happy. But when I check on the ceac,it still shows AP. I don't know what it means.

It means to not take anything for granted until you actually get your passports back with the visas in them.

When did you send the passports? It will only change to "issued" once the visas are printed and placed in your passports.

My family had their interview on the 7th of June 2016, 3 days after that their passport were returned to the with a paper saying that they are under administrative process, their case last update was on 6th of September but its still the same . Now my question, is there any Direct email they can communicate with the department in charge at the US immigration. and If they do not get it by 30th of September are they going to lose their chance ?!

Thank you,

Moderators, I know this question is not expected from me but am just curious, how many days on average do you guys think it will take them to print out our visa and place it on our passports?? They have already told us that our visa is approved and we have sent our passports a day before yesterday.

My family had their interview on the 7th of June 2016, 3 days after that their passport were returned to the with a paper saying that they are under administrative process, their case last update was on 6th of September but its still the same . Now my question, is there any Direct email they can communicate with the department in charge at the US immigration. and If they do not get it by 30th of September are they going to lose their chance ?!

Thank you,

You can only communicate with the embassy - they are the department in charge. However, they typically say nothing useful since the background checks are carried out by another agency.

if your case is not approved by the end of 30th September, then yes, you will lose your chance.

Moderators, I know this question is not expected from me but am just curious, how many days on average do you guys think it will take them to print out our visa and place it on our passports?? They have already told us that our visa is approved and we have sent our passports a day before yesterday.

The printing is 1 to 2 weeks at most - but I explained in detail what happens in the final stages, which includes re-allocating a visa from KCC. So - that might not have been done yet. Bottomline - patience...

The printing is 1 to 2 weeks at most - but I explained in detail what happens in the final stages, which includes re-allocating a visa from KCC. So - that might not have been done yet. Bottomline - patience...
THANK YOU!! am holding my breath:)

Finally we got our passports with the visas. It has been a long journey, thankfully it has been fruitful. Thank you all for your advices and support

Hello All,,,,, I am on AP since 2nd August 2016,,,,, CO gave 221g-blue to reconfirm my high school degree and returned passports ,my question here ,,,, hence only two weeks left to end of FY 2016 ,,,,, what are the chances ,,,,, ? Plus embsy updated two times but case under AP through each up date ,,,, shall we contact the embassy ? Or just wait ,,,,,do you think it is mandatory to clear all AP cases, prior to FY ends,,,, thank you, ,,,,,

Hello All,,,,, I am on AP since 2nd August 2016,,,,, CO gave 221g-blue to reconfirm my high school degree and returned passports ,my question here ,,,, hence only two weeks left to end of FY 2016 ,,,,, what are the chances ,,,,, ? Plus embsy updated two times but case under AP through each up date ,,,, shall we contact the embassy ? Or just wait ,,,,,do you think it is mandatory to clear all AP cases, prior to FY ends,,,, thank you, ,,,,,
Has the US Consulate in the meantime received all requested documentation to substantiate your US equivalent High School degree in response to 221g? If it is the Consulate that needs to confirm, you may be facing a serious timing issue.
In respect to your last question: no, it certainly is not "mandatory to clear all AP cases, prior to FY ends", in fact this would be quite impossible given the status of many DV cases on AP.

Has the US Consulate in the meantime received all requested documentation to substantiate your US equivalent High School degree in response to 221g? If it is the Consulate that needs to confirm, you may be facing a serious timing issue.
In respect to your last question: no, it certainly is not "mandatory to clear all AP cases, prior to FY ends", in fact this would be quite impossible given the status of many DV cases on AP.

Thanks for response, ,,,, @t time of interview CO told ,,,only thing to verify is your High school degree ,,, which issued in June 2016 ,,about two month before interview and your age is 30 now ,,, than I told Co,i sit in exam this year as I did not passed regular school exam in 2006 ,,,, CO said fine and kept original translation of grade 11-12th plus high school degree and original 9th 10th grade school certificates ,,,she said she will send my degree to morocco US embassy for verification as she did not understand my school system,,,,, I had interview in UAE,,,,, I read a lot of blogs ,,,, I belive that ,,,,,not sure ,,,, my file has not returned to usa ,,,