• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD, RECIEVED A CALL FROM THE EMBASSY AND THEY TOLD ME THAT WE NEED TO RENEW OUR MEDICAL AND SUBMIT WITH OUR PASSPORTS!!!
THANK YOU ALL!!!
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK!!!
Britsimon, i hope i will recieve ur real smile now, or should i still wait utill it's stamped on my passport?:)
God is always good and is never too late!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: am still rolling my eyes u a nearing the finishing line am still behind u but am glad u a finishing at last

quick update
They called me from the embassy again today and told me that our Visa is approved !!!
Praise the Lord for me!
Folks @ IV section of your Consulate seem to communicate with successful applicants proactively - this is a good example. What Consulate are you working with?

quick update
They called me from the embassy again today and told me that our Visa is approved !!!
Praise the Lord for me!

Congratulations!

Happy to see that the pattern of past years, with an apparent push to clear AP as fiscal year end approaches, seems to be continuing.

More than 17 days after they recieve the renewed medicals and more than 180 days on AP , they called me about issuing before 18 Aug ( old medical expiration date ) , now they recieved the new medical and no actions , only two update on 30 and 31 Aug , in Iraq we have only 14 working business days left before the fiscal year end ( every Friday and Saturdays are holiday , next Sunday (4-9) is holiday and from 11 to 15 of Sep are holidays ( Eid Al- Adha ) ), I feel disappointment .

At least you know they are actively working on the case - I suspect it is good news but of course can't be sure - hoping for a positive outcome soon!
I was on A/P for 3 months, changed to READY from Aug 15 to Sep 01, now it is again A/p, i emailed and asked about READY status they said ready means you are at final stage of administrative processing.

I was on A/P for 3 months, changed to READY from Aug 15 to Sep 01, now it is again A/p, i emailed and asked about READY status they said ready means you are at final stage of administrative processing.

I think that is a slightly confusing response. So - without wanting to get you too excited, because I am reading between the lines to some extent - here is what I think it means (and Susie alluded to the same thing above).

AP is a period of background checks. When those background checks have cleared, the AP is effectively finished. I think some have seen the status update from AP to READY, and that is most likely the signal that AP has ended. Of course - the case could be approvable or refused.

If the case is going to be denied, based on the background check, the update to refused could happen immediately - and IF the embassy is diligent about updating CEAC, that is what you would see - REFUSED.

If the case is going to be approved though, the embassy has to do a bit more work. They have to check with KCC that there is still a visa slot available. In a busy or oversubscribed year, that is a risk, this year - I don't think it is much of a risk at all. They also have to check that the medical is still valid and will give some reasonable window of time for the expiry date of the visa (because the visa expiry is based on the medical date PLUS 6 months).

Now - once those things are checked, they may ask for the passport if they don't already have it. It is possible they might ask for the passport while they are waiting for KCC to re-assign a visa slot.

If they have the passport, the visa slot, and the medical they can approve the case print the visa. I suspect that during that time they typically mark the case in AP again (so the READY gets updated back to AP. However, in most cases this AP status then changes to ISSUED about 1 to 3 working days later. This brief AP is seen on most cases that were approved at interview also (and it freaks people out).

So - that is why Susie said she suspects it is good news....

My friend case status it was always Ready , never AP . After 7 months the status is still Ready :)

since aug 15 my case 5 time updated and received calls from embassy about passports which already dropped off and second call about my wife medical which delayed by american hospital now waiting and hope to receive visa

anything new? from my side, we are waiting our renewed medical results to send it to the embassy by tomorrow along with our passports!!! best of luck all!!!

anything new? from my side, we are waiting our renewed medical results to send it to the embassy by tomorrow along with our passports!!! best of luck all!!!
You should be fine, as long as there are no additional complications popping up. Depending on the US Consulate there are still 19 working days left until DV-2016 closing.

You should be fine, as long as there are no additional complications popping up. Depending on the US Consulate there are still 19 working days left until DV-2016 closing.
Only 19 days? Wow! God have mercy! Still on AP don't want to miss it. Keeping fingers crossed for a good outcome as soon as possible.

Only 19 days? Wow! God have mercy! Still on AP don't want to miss it. Keeping fingers crossed for a good outcome as soon as possible.
Very best of luck to you as well! 19 working days presumes that there are no local holidays in your country - US Consulates are closed both on US and local holidays. Either way, there are a number of working days remaining.

Last edited:
Here just 13 business day remain , and now i am 184 days on Ap and 23 days from the DHL delivery of the renewed medicals and retureing passports as they instructed me on phone call , just updates ,not issue , i sent them two emails last one about 2 weeks ago , no reply , dose that mean I need further processing or wat ?

Here just 13 business day remain , and now i am 184 days on Ap and 23 days from the DHL delivery of the renewed medicals and retureing passports as they instructed me on phone call , just updates ,not issue , i sent them two emails last one about 2 weeks ago , no reply , dose that mean I need further processing or wat ?
Only the CO and Consulate IV Support Staff has that information, we would be guessing us much as you are. Fact is that there is not a lot of time left for "further processing", IV Sections will use the last two weeks to 'clear the deck' of remaining DV-2016 cases. Does the Consulate hold your passport? If so, they would be ready to process your IV Visa still well in time. Best of luck. PS: just noticed you sent in your passport, that's good news!

Last edited: